log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [LPF] The Haven

Aura

First Post
Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

Listening, the man seems rather disheartened by Thuvian's words. Speaking in the same labored style, he replies, "That long... I had no idea. If the surface world has healed, then it would be... No mind. The point, if there ever was... one of the haven's residents learned how to, errr," Jeremiah pauses, searching for words, "induce vampirism. Her books told her how... not sure if they spelled it out... or if she fiddled it. Either way... beginning of the end. With captive audience, the death began. I barely escaped... or, I didn't. Not sure. She must be ended, if you want to explore here or that sort of... thing."

[sblock=Jonas and Samad]Barely detectable at the stand-offish distance the group is to Katarsis, the man has an off-putting component to his odor that is hard to place, at first--it is out of control infection.[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia listened in on the conversation, muttering a translation for those around her as she could not actually speak the language spoken to assist Thuvian.

After the Jeremiah's last words, she hissed, "Vampirism... Mayhap that would explain his longevity all these years. Could he not know, I wonder... or is he lying?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Pen & Paper
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 7/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

First Post


Knowledge (religion): 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16 to determine potential means of inducing vampirism other than the traditional getting bit by a vampire, particularly ones that result in the wounds similar to the ones on Jeremiah if not completely successful.

Thuvian turns to his companion first, "Doubtful that he has full vampirism as it is typically understood. I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but the wounds that have never healed, along with the absence of a pre existing vampire, suggests that whatever process was used to transform these people is not the normal one, as most stories I have heard tend to be you are a vampire or you are not. The middle ground that our friend seems to be occuping concerns me greatly. We will have to hope that there are records further on indicating the purpose of this place, why someone chose to turn to vampirism, and how they did so."

Turning back to Jeremiah, "I am sorry to have caused a great weight on your mind, but it is a well known fact that the night is darkest just before dawn. I am confident we can find the answers needed to free you from your long suffering. Could you draw out the layout of the complex briefly and describe how many accursed there are, how the vampirism has effected them, and where they tend to congegrate, particularly the one that originally turned to vampirism in the first place? Armed with that information, we have a much better chance of of successfully addressing the problem. If you can provide that, I have no further questions, and we shall leave you in peace until we are finished with our task." Thuvian pulls out some parchment as he ponders the nature of the vampires that he is familiar with and what sort of process could have been used to induce the disease in a completely vampire free enclave.

[sblock=mini-stats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(x), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2), Stone Shape[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk following the remarks by Thuvian and Pirvinia is on edge. There has been no threat as of yet but if what is being relayed can be believed there is a serious threat in this complex called the Haven. Tsaaruk stands ready but knows not when or where the danger will become reality, It could be this man or vampire or whatever before them or something much worse yet to be found. This mans wounds tell of the threat. For now he waits trying to hold back the anger until he can give it focus and unleash it on a target giving himself over to the anger and his god that grants him abilities beyond anything he can achieve on his own.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 21 (with shield/ Flat:20, Touch: 13)
HP: 106/106
CMB: +14 / CMD: 25 Fort: +11 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Damage Reduction: 01/_
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 20/20
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

The amount of discussion that happens between conversations with him is not lost on the ancient man. He patiently waits until Thuvian returns attention to him with some questions. With measured tongue, Katarsis replies, "I can draw, if you want... if you have something to write with... and on. As we were talking, I think there are two accursed, Evelyn and Sampson. Evelyn brought the books... figured it out, and Sampson bought in later. I managed to kill the third one of their kind... while ago. Paid the price. They fight with blade and claw. Several mindless slaves too.

"Down in Karran's temple, there are things... holy things. I could not get them to aid my fight, the guardian was too strong. Perhaps you can make use of them. Kill Evelyn forever. Destroy her foul books... keep information from spreading... like the plague it is." With that, the man stops speaking and holds out his hand to Thuvian, obviously expecting something.

[sblock=Induced Vampirism]There exist legends of 'the first vampire' or whatnot, through some spoiled relationship with the gods. Thuvian has never heard of anyone purposely trying to replicate the conditions, but the idea seems plausible.[/sblock]
[sblock=Katarsis' wounds]A number of the man's wounds seem to have been caused in combat. However, the stuff on his back is much more deliberate[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]



Nostrils flare as Jonas catches a... smell... wafting on the slight currents of air through the room. Though the smell is familiar he can't tell what it is, at first. Then it comes to him and he speaks once more to his comrades. "I know not if it has bearing on your conversation with him, or on the state of his life or unlife, but in addition to being of evil intent there is infection of some sort running rampant within this creature."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]--[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 02/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia removed some parchment from a scroll case her haversack. She also took out the ink vial and pen. She handed all the items to Jeremiah, careful to not be touched or make any physical contact.

She translated once more what the man had said, then addressed Thuvian, "Okay, so not a vampire himself. Mayhap this place is out of the time stream, and nothing ages while it is in here?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Pen & Paper
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 7/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
The man resheathes his falchion and reaches out to accept the pen and paper from Pirvinia. There is tension--he is obviously wary of her and the rest of the group. However, this makes it rather easy to have a clean hand-off with no physical contact of any kind.

Once he has the items, he wanders over to one of the remaining tables, pulls up a chair, and begins to draw. With his back to the group briefly, the nature of his injuries become more obvious, with most of the wounds being combat oriented. By comparison, his back has injuries that are not straight, wandering his back as a painter might wander his canvas, and obviously not the result of combat. It also becomes obvious the falchion he wears is of similar construction to the previously found blades, and therefore quite old.

As Jeremiah begins to draw, it becomes apparent his fine motor control is rather lacking. Muttering to himself similarly to when the discovered him, he concentrates to make the lines as clear as possible. He starts in the center of the paper, and seemingly draws the atrium with all its exits, then roughs out each of the wings. Finally he writes single word identifications of each of the areas, puts an x where you are now, and scribbles out a substantial portion of the wing you're currently in. Judging from the partial collapse of the diner in which you stand, it seems he is noting large portions to have been caved in. He spends a minute or two blowing the ink dry, giving the work a final appraisal before rolling it up.

Freshly drawn map in hand, the ancient man stands and extends it to Pirvinia in the same fashion as it was originally offered to him.
 

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg

Tsaaruk watches. A few tense moments with the handoff of the parchment between the man and Pirvinia although the tension is somewhat relieved as the man sheathes his falchion before the transaction. This man is a puzzle to Tsaaruk but one he does give much thought as long as he does not become violent. In fact the information the man has provided could greatly help the group stay alive. Tsaaruk continues satnding by content to let the others talk.

[sblock=mini stats]

Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 21 (with shield/ Flat:20, Touch: 13)
HP: 106/106
CMB: +14 / CMD: 25 Fort: +11 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Damage Reduction: 01/_
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 20/20
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

First Post


Thuvian remains calm on the outside, but mentally begins to wonder just what the party had gotten themselves into. He knew just enough about the darkness of the world and of men's hearts to know that he still understood by little of it. After the map is drawn, he has some final words for Jeremiah, "Thank you, we shall return soon with good news." Turning to the rest of the party "We should find the relics quickly before the two true vampires become overly aware of our presence. Why they chose to recreate what it was that the first vampire did, and how they did so are not things I want to find out without having some solid counter attacks ready. There is great darkness hidden in this complex, and it would be unwise to go looking for it without having an equally strong source of light."

[sblock=mini-stats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(x), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2), Stone Shape[/sblock][/QUOTE]
 

Aura

First Post
Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . . .

Nodding as Thuvian explains to him, the man adds, "Perhaps I follow... at safe distance. Might be last chance..."

Without warning, Jeremiah Katarsis' words are cut short by a fit of coughing. Dark blood trickles between his fingers as he covers his cough, and for a moment it seems he might collapse. Stabilizing himself, he continues, "Last chance... to kill her. What she has done, must pay. Destroy her books, notes. Never happen... again." Looking at Thuvian, Jeremiah's eyes narrow--despite his poor physical condition he seems willing to drop everything to follow you.

[sblock=Map]The map he gives you is really really rough. But from it you can discern the nature of the three unknown exits:
* Exit D goes down a set of stairs and into a temple area. There is an overlooking room which served as the clergy's retreat. The storage closet in the back of the temple is circled.
* Exit F leads to a string of rooms with a connecting hallway, and eventually the hig lord's office overlooks the atrium by means of the window (now boarded up). This complex he has marked 'accursed'.
* Exit G leads upward to an activity hall, including satellite rooms indicating a magical laboratory, a library, classrooms and such. He has a cryptic 'something happened here?' not written there.
* The two passageways you passed by to talk to Mr. Katarsis, one leads downward to waste disposal the other to storage. The rest of the wing is caved in save for partially surviving dorms for single men and another set for women.

Atrium map (reminder):
AtriumSmall.jpg
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia took the map and her supplies back, carefully to not have physical contact. She showed the map to the others.

She answered Thuvian, "I do not have daylight spells, but I can do a few things with fire and lightning that will illuminate the darkness. Also, I am more than happy to just be invisible and sneak around to deal with this."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Pen & Paper
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 7/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Template Recovery]To resume, would anyone have a copy of the email notification of my last Pirvin Post? I have some of these in my gmail trash folder.
[/sblock][sblock=Aura’s 16 Sep Post] Heading off in the direction Jeremiah has described, Far'zeil does not take long on her scouting mission. The archway on the second level leads right into a small-ish (20' x 30') room with just some run down furniture. The only exit was a closed door on the left wall as you enter, blocking and further scouting without giving away her position.

Jeremiah looks on at the interaction with interest, but says nothing. There is an unsettling nature to his gaze, particularly when punctuated by silence.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mowgli’s 7 Sep Post] http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums...Jonas Psalter/Jonas Post Shot_zpsjsznpecp.png (http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums... Psalter/Jonas Post Shot_zpsjsznpecp.png.html)


Jonas watches with interest as Samad and Thuvian pick apart the mysteries of the Goddess' longbow. He nods as Samad takes it up. "Aye, Samad, take it and use it well. I think this... Karas... would wish her holy place to be delivered from whatever foulness has seized it." He turns to follow their unsettling guide as he leads them on within the tomb. "Privinia, it does indeed look like it's time for Far'ziel to continue his scouting."


--
_______________


[tr]
[td]Jonas Psalter (http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Jonas_Psalter_(Mowgli))

*Initiative:* +04
*AC:* 22 (15 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
*HP:* 76/76
*Senses:* DarkVision (60’) *Perception:* +15
*CMB:* +10 *CMD:* 24 (+12/26 vs. Trip)
*Fort:* +09 *Reflex: * +04 *Will:* +07

*_Special Abilities_*
*Judgement:* 01/02 Uses Remaining
*Bane:* 09/09 Rounds Remaining
*Discern Lies:* 06/06 Rounds Remaining

*_Prayers_*
*Orisons:* At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
*Level 01:* 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
*Level 02:* 03/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
[/td]
[td]Image: http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums...athfinder/Jonas Psalter/Jonas_zpsmzh4paui.jpg
[/td][/tr][/sblock][sblock=SS21’s 5 Sep Post]Image: http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/perrinmiller/Living Pathfinder/Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

Once he is done examining the bow, with the bow, "Keeping moving is probably a good idea. There's something off here, and it's starting to make me nervous."

Thuvian Darklight
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(x), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III (x)
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2), Stone Shape[/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
[sblock=What happened...]OK, it appears the game has reverted to an earlier version. I don't have anything but memory go to on, although pm has a few recent posts. Unfortunately, I have nothing in the way of backups, as I didn't know these things could be used. I cleared my browser cache on Sunday, in part because I was wondering of the problem with ENWorld was my machine. And I don't get most email updates because it clogs my email.

If people post what they have found, I will stitch what I can together, bridge it with a descriptive text so it's not quite so abrupt and we'll get back to playing.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aura

First Post
[sblock=The Crash]ENWorld had a loss of files, and much of what happened has been lost. What follows is a summary the game:[/sblock]

With that, the group withdrew out of the partially collapsed dining are, Jeremiah following at some distance. Although the extent of his condition was unknown, it was clear Jeremiah was not well. Passing through the central atrium, the group headed through the middle exit on the west wall and down into a temple complex. In the main temple, the group encountered a slowly deteriorating stone guardian, apparently carved in seemingly androgynous likeness of the deity Karran.

The stone guardian challenged the group’s initial appearance, but after a moment of thought, seemed to relent. The guardian seemed to believe its time was drawing to a close, and offered the relic “Karran’s Lance”, holy texts and implements in hopes of somehow protecting the items as past the time of its demise. Then, in an apparent need to adhere to the word of it’s last orders, it challenged the group to combat.

Loyal to the end, the guardian fell at the hands of the adventurers, rock smashing from mighty hammer blows and bow stings. Jonas could not help but notice the strong sense of duty it possessed. After a few comments were made, a search was made for things that would help rid the haven of the undead that plagued it. Samad and Tsaaruk found a supply room with 6 vials’ worth of holy water, the seal still good on the container.. Thuvian found a number of ancient texts of a religious and historical nature, and Pirvinia found the remains of what seemed to be a rather newer adventurer, dressed in a chain shirt only about a couple hundred years old, near as Thuvian could tell.

It was Jonas, however, who found the greatest treasure, the holy bow, Karran’s Lance. Although initially surprised by the blade trap that guarded it, the bow was extracted from the secret compartment it had resided in. Light in weight and beautifully carved with religious symbology, the weapon seemed potent, indeed. After a magical examination by Thuvian, Samad took up the bow.

(During the time in the temple, Thuvian had been paying close attention to the writing and artwork on the walls. Near as he could tell, Karran was some sort of love deity whose worship disappeared thousands of years ago. The deity seemed nominally good, and opposed demons and the such in artwork on the walls, and was strongly associated with bow use when depicted in battle.)

Picking up with our heroes:

Once he [Thuvian] is done examining the bow, "Keeping moving is probably a good idea. There's something off here, and it's starting to make me nervous."

Jonas watches with interest as Samad and Thuvian pick apart the mysteries of the Goddess' longbow. He nods as Samad takes it up. "Aye, Samad, take it and use it well. I think this... Karas... would wish her holy place to be delivered from whatever foulness has seized it." He turns to follow their unsettling guide as he leads them on within the tomb. "Privinia, it does indeed look like it's time for Far'ziel to continue his scouting."

Heading off in the direction Jeremiah has described, Far'zeil does not take long on her scouting mission. The archway on the second level leads right into a small-ish (20' x 30') room with just some run down furniture. The only exit was a closed door on the left wall as you enter, blocking and further scouting without giving away her position.

Jeremiah looks on at the interaction with interest, but says nothing. There is an unsettling nature to his gaze, particularly when punctuated by silence.

[sblock=Treasure]6 Vials of holy water
Mithral Chain Shirt +2
Darkwood Composite Longbow +2, fire, ghost touch, adaptive strength[/sblock]
 


Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad strung the bow, and, upon Far'ziel's return, nodded to the others, "Come, we should keep moving. Lord know what lies before us, but we won't accomplish anything by staying here."

With that, he drew an arrow from his belt, and pressed onward.

[sblock=OOC]Lucky me, my stat block didn't really change from 6 months ago. :p[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+13^/+8^, 1d8+3, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 3/3

Used Items:<
-

Abilities Used:
-[/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
Heading out one of the atrium exists, you trek up a flight of stairs and end up on the upper level. The metal catwalks seem safe, but they are not perfectly stable, and there is a little give under your feet and some creaking of metal as the first person steps out of the doorway and onto the catwalks. Although not excessively loud, because of the near deathly still of the place, it almost seems like thunder.

Thuvian keeps a watchful eye on Jeremiah. As the group reaches the upper level of the atrium, he turns the corner in the stairwell, once again establishing contact with the group, albeit as far back as possible. When he hears the creaking metal, he mentions, "Yes... cannot sneak... *cough cough* very... easily." Pulling his hand away from his mouth reveals more of the dark blood you saw before.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

[sblock=actions]If there is anything more than walking across the catwalks to exit F, let me know.[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
Here is a map of the atrium to help remind you. You enter at D, cross the atrium on the ground floor, headed to exit C. Heading up the turning stairs you're just stepping forth from exit A, onto the steel walkway. Far'zeil is pointing to exit F as the place to go.
AtriumSmall.jpg[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female


Pirvinia had to relay the words from the invisible familiar who only spoke in their special language that was unique to their share bond. After she said, "Continue on, my friend. Report back what you see while we keep making a racket here."

Presumably (no one could actually see her to be sure) the invisible mephit flew down the passage to scout ahead.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Pen & Paper
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 6/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
[sblock=PM]I'm a little unclear what you are asking Far'ziel to do, go through the door which blocks her path or gather more information about what is on this side of the door?[/sblock]
 

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top