[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Round Three

OOC: Ok, connectivity issues or not, it's time to move on. I'll roll for Krag.

Pan- 25
Elros- 19
Mortar- 16
Kanli- 16
2nd Summoned Creature- 15, 1 round passed on summon
Pan's Alligator Companion ("Ernie")- 13
Yo- 12
Krag- 12
1st Summoned Creature- 6, 2 rounds passed on summon
3rd Summoned Creature- ?

Once again the party heard chanting from Pan from somewhere along the shore, followed by something large entering into the water and swimming towards Krag and Kanli (and now also Elros).

Elros leaned across from his own vessel and took a swing at the alligator that was trying to strike Kanli's boat, but his blade just barely bounced off its tough hide without digging in.

On the other side of the fight, Mortar fired two shots at his own opponent, but this alligator's hide was as of steel, and his first arrow barely just glanced off its tough skin without doing damage while the second splashed harmlessly into the water.

Kanli had better effect, his touch attack wounding the alligator that was trying to knock into his boat and causing it to become enraged (-3 hps to first summoned alligator, and now bleeding).

A second summoned alligator appeared from out of the mist and attacked Elros in an attempt to bite him and drag him under, but the nimble hero avoided the attack while somehow maintaining balance on his boat. (Typo, bite damage should have been 1d8+6).

Pan's animal companion, "Ernie", attacked next, focusing on Yoshiki. The creature bit at the monk, and swung his large tail in a wide arc in an attempt to slap him.

"Ernie" bit into Yoshiki before the monk could counter with his own strike. The bite dug deep into Yo's torso, eliciting a low moan from the monk, who fell to his knees as his outfit grew crimson in his own blood. The alligator released him, and brought him crashing to the boat's floor with a light tailslap (-22 hitpoints to Yo from the critical bite and an additional -2 hps from the tailslap. Yo is now at -8 hps!!!).

Krag leaned out of his boat and attacked the 1st alligator that Kanli wounded. Perhaps it was Yo's cry that enraged the half-orc, but Krag's strike was something out of legend, completely decapitating the alligator and causing the now-severed two pieces of the creature to rupture in a cloud of blood before sinking into the depths -27 hps to 1st summoned alligator).

OOC: Yoshiki is at -8 hps and needs to roll to stabilize himself, or Mortar will need to take his next combat round to stabilize him. Gary Gygax once said he leaned against critical hits because he was concerned that the dice would have to go against a player only once to have a tragic result. I can see his point in this round. What's worse, the party decided to split up, which means the healer is a distance aways.

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
Mortar acts quickly after seeing the old monk hit the deck in a bloody mess.

OOC:
Holy balls I actually have ranks in Heal...forgot all about that.

deisenhut

First Post
OOC: Since the DC to use Heal to stabilize is 15, I should be stabilized now. So no need for a stabilization roll. I will simply now make like a corpse. Good Luck Mortar fighting the thing yourself.

Yoshiki lays there on the boat in a pool of his own blood, the water splashing over his body periodically.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: How close are we to shore?

Kanli calls out, "Well, if you want us to help burning some tree down, sending these beasts after us is just silly! The boars were delicious, the eagles made a great snack, but these lizard things? They just dissolve into blood and sink into the water. And here I am without a bucket!"

He calls out in his eldritch language, then finishes, "Let's just burn this tree and be done with it, okay?"

OOC: Cast Chill Touch, wait in the boat.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Too late for that, I'm afraid. Much too late," the boy's voice responded from somewhere beyond the mist. The attack of the alligators continued...

OOC: Kanli can strike the alligator attacking Elros, if he wishes to do so. So can Krag. The boats are 40 feet from shore, which means a rower can make it in two rounds.

Caim

First Post
"Aye boy you always let someone else do the fighting for ya? All then years and your still a coward?" Mortar grabs the oars and begins to row the boat.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"What do you mean, too late?" Kanli replies. "Last time, Chip was dead, but he hasn't died yet this time. Behold my healing hands!"

With that, he reaches out to demonstrate with Elros' alligator.

OOC: Yeah, that's practically healing. But it's still enough to give Bleed 1 and a DC 16 Fort save for 1 Strength damage.

Last edited:

Remove ads