[LPF] The Ringling Affair

Rift-LPF

First Post
Jericho - Human Monk

"Unremarkable pay for unremarkable work seems fair enough to me, though my opinion may be skewed as I have said money is only part of my reason for taking on this job. To avoid any dispute later, however..." Jericho replies, his tone turning more detached as he continues "-if your second worry is true and the party you previously hired becomes... excessively aggressive in their demands-"

Choosing the right way to word his question is apparently difficult, the boys brow furrowing slightly as he proceeds "-what are your plans for that money if events obviate the need to pay that balance?"

[sblock=Stat Block]
Jericho Calivaire
Martial Artist 1
Initiative: +3 Perception\Sense Motive:+6 Diplomacy/Bluff: +6 Intimidate: +5

AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 12 Current HP: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: Alchemical Silver Cestus (hand still free)
Ammo: 30
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Stunning Fist: 1/1 daily uses [DC 12][/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash nods acceptance of the job but backs it up verbally anyway.

"Indeed, sir, those terms are acceptable. We shall protect you from thuggery of all sorts, aid in the retrieval of your possession, enforce the terms of the contract you have made... in exchange for the sum you have offered."

Though there was a slight but noticeable emphasis upon the word 'possession' Qalabash's manner implies that while he might be curious what that item is he knows it is not a matter to concern himself over. Others may feel differently, of course.

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie Thissiledew ~ gnome healer 1

"Yeah, that's a good job. If things go well, I just have to look menacing and intimidating. If they go bad, I have to do what I came out here to do. Either way, I get paid. I like that job."

Mystie starts practicing her intimidating stare while waiting to leave. But, the little girl in armor a bit big for her, sitting in a highchair, well...

... safe money would still be on a house cat.

Mystie_Thissiledew_sm.jpg

Mystie Thissiledew

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Merchant.jpg

Barton Ringling's eyes narrow in response to Jericho's question, "Well, that would really depend on what happens now, doesn't it? I am not hiring you for an assassination."

"If things do happen to turn to violence, I can imagine that I will be able compensate more for greater services rendered if I feel that is warranted. But, it is my money to do with as I wish. Of course, anything you take from them afterwards is yours by right."

Seeing Qalabash and Mystie agree to the offer, he looks to the others to make sure there are no more questions or concerns.

Rift-LPF

First Post
Jericho shrugs at Bartons obvious derision. "Better to clearly discuss expectations and unpleasant scenarios now, than following a confrontation when tensions are high and weapons are drawn. I've had bad experiences with otherwise good groups when unexpected valuables enter into the equation. For my part, bloodshed is not part of the reputation I'm looking to build for myself."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Jericho Calivaire
Martial Artist 1
Initiative: +3 Perception\Sense Motive:+6 Diplomacy/Bluff: +6 Intimidate: +5

AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 12 Current HP: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: Alchemical Silver Cestus (hand still free)
Ammo: 30
Special:
Stunning Fist: 1/1 daily uses [DC 12][/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

"Splendid! Now that that is cleared up we can proceed with the acceptance of employment and move along to the actual employment itself of which I am very grateful to have. Yes, Master Calivaire?" Qalabash leans over to the young man and whispers loudly. "Ah, point of fact, you haven't actually agreed as of yet. But I am sure that is just an oversight. Glad to be working alongside you!" He playfully claps Jericho on the shoulder and turns his attention to the others in the group.

"And you, Harkoz?" he asks with raised brows. "This standing back and looking scary looks to be just your kettle of tea, yes? Yes? What's the matter? Crow got your tongue? Ha, ha!"

Qalabash chuckles and turns his attention to Mystie and Emily. "Ferocious, Miss Thissiledew! Keep up the good work! And you, Emily? Will your mother be arriving? She must cut a handsome figure, indeed, if you are anything to go by. Tell me, is your, ah, father still in the picture? Yes, we shall put the fear into them with our trio of ferocious, fine, females!"

Qalabash smiles broadly exposing a mouthful of square, horsey teeth that look entirely too large for his mouth. He nods as if, in his mind at least, everything is settled and he is ready to go.

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Emily wants to be professional and haggle with Mr. Ringling, but she doesn't want to scare off her first employer. She tries to compromise with a knowing, worldly silence.[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty
Conditions: None

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]

Triskaideka

First Post
Harkoz opened his mouth to answer answer Ringling, but Qalabash's teasing came first. The half orc blinked slowly at the man and asked in an even tone, "Do you find me scary?" His raven, Kor, cackled hideously from his perch, and in any case the question appeared rhetorical, since the young wizard turned his attention right back to Ringling, stating, "The terms of your offer are agreeable to me, Mr. Ringling. I am eager to begin work at once." The half-orc stood again, apparently ready to depart.

2q2izxl.jpg
100px-Kor.jpg
[sblock=Stats:]Harkoz D'vorza Wizard (Conjuration) 1
In Hand: Whip
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Sleep, Shield, Enlarge Person, Grease

Special:
Shift: Teleport to space within sight if it does not provoke AoO, 5 ft per 2 Wizard lvls (min 5), 3 + Int mod per day. 8/8 remaining.

Kor, Raven Familiar
HP: 5 Current HP: 5

*OOC: Went ahead and stripped out anything that doesn't change. Is this alright?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Merchant.jpg

Barton Ringling mirrors Qalabash's excitement as he raises his glass with most of you agreeing to the job, "Very well, let us a toast to a successful venture."

"I appreciate your enthusiasm, Master Harkoz. However, we have over a hour before we need to depart for the meeting. Please take a seat, there is no rush as we get to know one another."

"I would like to know how you intend to go about executing the duties before we leave. Will there be any preparations?"

He bids the half-orc to sit down once more as he turns to Emily,
"Master Qalabash brings up some point. Speak up, are we waiting for your mother? Or are you not going along without her permission?"

GM: Generally, I will not advance a scene until I have let enough time go by to ensure everyone had a chance to post & finish their interactions. The meeting is still 2 hours away IC and we make a significant jump forward in time when we actually do leave the DWI. I think 1-2 more rounds of posts should be about right.

Emily Halten

Emily shakes her head. "I don't need my Mother's permission, and we don't need to wait for her. When I call her, she'll come. But unless something goes very wrong, we won't even need her." She tries to give Jericho a wry look.[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty
Conditions: None

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]

Remove ads