[LPF] The Ringling Affair

perrinmiller

Villager
Short urban adventure to help Barton Ringling

DM: Perrinmiller
Judge: Mowgli

Heroes:
Qalabash Baram (GlassEye) - 1st Level Human Magus
Mystie Thissiledew (Satin_Knights) - 1st Level Gnome Oracle

Retired:
Jericho Calivaire (Rift) - 1st Level Human Monk
Harkoz D'Vorza (Triskaideka) - 1st Level Half-orc Wizard
Emily Halten (OperationMaximumBear) - 1st Level Aasimar Synthesist
Uff (RunGord) - Human Fighter

[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 27 Aug 2013 & Ends 1 Nov 2013
Uff joins on 9 Sep 2013, Uff ejected on 26 Oct 2013 (Last day active 18 Oct 2013 - 42 days)
Harkoz ejected on 24 Sep 2013 (Last day active 8 Sep 2013 - 13 days)
Jericho ejected on 24 Sep 2013 (Last day active 10 Sep 2013 - 15 days)
Emily/Mother ejected on 26 Oct 2013 (Last active 15 Oct - 50 days)

Enc1: 805XP (10 Oct 2013)
Enc2: 600XP (26 Oct 2013) - Only Mystie & Qalabash
[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Enc1: Mwk longsword (315gp), 3 Bolas (15gp), CLW Potion (50gp), 2 x longbow (150gp), 40 arrows (2gp), 1 x shortsword (10gp), 1 dagger (2gp), 106gp = 650gp
Enc2: 550gp reward
[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards]
Uff receives 201+42x7 (294) = 495XP & 301+42*6=553gp
Harkoz receives 13x7= 91XP & 13*6=78gp
Jericho receives 15x7= 105XP & 15*6=90gp
Emily receives 201+50x7 (350) = 551XP & 301+50*6=601gp
Qalabash receives 963XP & +996gp
Mystie receives 963XP & +996gp
[/Sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ on-line dice rollers for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Please use the exact BBCode link Invisible Castle provides. This requires an Account at Invis Castle to add. Notes section of the Dice Roll should list exactly what the roll is for and the target designated (ie. "Bite vs. Orc 4") in the block that is provided when you are logged in. Including any variable modifiers that make the bonuses different than normal such as flanking, Point Blank Shot, or Penalty for firing into Melee. This is a good example: Spiked Chain vs. Orc 4 (Kn Dev & -2/+4 PA) (1d20+11=12, 2d4+10=14)
I do not want to take the extra time to click any extra links during my updates.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level, generally you may do so immediately once combat is finished. Subject to DM approval if the timing is okay. Regardless the date of actual leveling will not change even if use of the new level is delayed in IC action.

* Leveling up mid-campaign: This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.

* Game Mechanics should be placed in a sblock, leaving only IC content/narration & a character avatar in the meat of a post.

* Do not quote another person's IC content in your post narration.

* Tactical Grids will be using Ditzie, the players will be updating their movements themselves in combat and posting up the new URLs. Whenever you post IC, include the latest map even if your character did not move. This way everyone knows you are done with it. There is no limit to the number times we can update the map. Instead of editing a map link (unless you are the last post), please post a new link if you update again.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Villager

Barton Ringling heads to the table and stands beside it, gesturing for you all to sit down.

"Please be seated. The pretty lass Trixie will bring the wine shortly."

"I have need of some capable individuals such as yourselves to accompany me. I have an appointment to accept delivery of something special that I commissioned to be obtained. I will need assistance in bringing it to my home. The meeting is not for two hours."

"So, while we wait, please introduce yourselves and tell me your expertise."

GM: No, we will not RP for two hours. :p Just enough to get everyone acquainted quickly.
 
Last edited:

Rift-LPF

Villager
Jericho places his pack on the table beneath his plate and hangs his cloak off the stool he sits on. With a slight roll of his shoulders he sat down and, waiting for the others to gather, began to go over his qualifications.

"As I mentioned before, my experience is in transporting packages. Doing so securely has required being able to spot trouble in advance, assess situations quickly and accurately, and eliminate threats when needed."

Jericho rests his forearm on the table in front of him after the word "threats". The heavy "thud" of the glistening metal encasing it seems to eliminate any doubt as to his implications.

"Doing so discreetly has meant knowing what palms to grease, what answers to give, and convincing the curious that poking and prodding wouldn't be worth the trouble it would bring. Of course, being able to work well with others has always made a job easier; I'm not without my convictions on occasion but I am a professional foremost."


He's silent for a moment before a contemplative look crosses his face "I have to say though that I won't be up for anything else involving giant mollusks tonight." Escapes his lips as an afterthought before he turns expectantly to the rest of the table.

View attachment 58685
Jericho Calivaire

[sblock=OOC]
Jericho Calivaire
What are we looking at in terms of a stat block?[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

"Bravo, Jericho!"

Qalabash beams at everyone gathered, laces his fingers together and places his hands on the table top.

"Some of you young worthies know my name from my introduction earlier. However, for our benefactor's sake and for those of you who missed that introduction: I am Qalabash Baram. I am fluent in the local Landellian dialect, Southern, and Inner Sea, as well as the tongue of the Kholani and other fey and that of Giantish, though I am told my accent in that language is, uhmm, hoity toity and not gutteral enough. I hope that was a proper usage," he says in an aside to Jericho.

The older man's eyes roll up as if attempting to study his own eyebrows without a mirror, or perhaps he is just trying to figure out what else to say.

"I have some small skill in the magical arts and can defend myself in fight, if necessary."

He nods as if convinced that is enough for the moment.


. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: n/a
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Mystie Thissiledew ~ gnome healer 1

Mystie, excited she got a job on her first try, follows the group over to the table. A table she could walk under if she ducks slightly. Hmm. Looking around, she sees this tavern does have its share of wee folk chairs. Pulling one of the normal chairs out of the way, she makes her way over to another table. Taking the empty gnome chair, she pushes. It lets out a horrendous screech as it starts moving. But determined, she moves a proper chair for herself to Barton's table. Climbing the rungs, she finally gets up and gets settled in.

Slightly winded, she pauses for a second before beginning. "I am Mystie. Mystie, what was that other part they want, oh yeah, Mystie Thissiledew. The women of my family are conduit healers. We bear the pain so others may fight. The time for me to take my momma's and grand momma's place in the line of time is fast approaching. So, I am here to build my strength. Build my resolve. Make my body strong so it can bear the pain that will come. I cannot do all that my grand mamma can, but the first pains should be coming before my next birthday."

"Mother Rabbit has blessed me with the power to heal. In groups, or one on one, I can mend your wounds. The Wandering Moon has blessed me with the power to tug at the strings of chance. My enemies never have their best days around me. In time, I will be able to steal your pain. To take your wounds upon myself. Then, I have to heal myself, but I can do that while you are fighting your fights."

"I am small. I am slow. Alone, I'd lose a wrestling match with a house cat. But, in my grand momma's memory, no invaders have breached a wall of gnomes that was reinforced with conduit healers. We heal, you fight, we win. That is my heritage. That is my destiny."

Mystie surprises herself at the pride and details that just spill forth to these strangers. But, they are the ones she will have to protect, so they should know her truly. Thinking to herself, {{And my flaws, well, I can cover those up for now. I need this job. Tell him the best, not the worst.}}

[section]

[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 10 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls a 1, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]
 
Emily Halten, Female Human (as far as you can tell)

Emily is almost as pleased with herself as Mystie is, and she drinks in the gnome's long speech with wide eyes. "My name is Emily Halten," she says, "and I promise you that my fr--my allies, my Mother, and I will do everything in our power to protect you!"

The hard part hasn't started yet, but even so: this adventure thing is going great!

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1, 

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

 Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]
 

Rift-LPF

Villager
Jericho - Human

"Pardon my prodding Miss Halten, I appreciate the enthusiasm and you're certainly dressed the part, but do you and your allies have any particular skills or experience?" Jericho interjects, urging the young girl to continue.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Jericho Calivaire
Martial Artist 1
Initiative: +3 Perception\Sense Motive:+6 Diplomacy/Bluff: +6 Intimidate: +5

AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 12 Current HP: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: Alchemical Silver Cestus (hand still free)
Ammo: 30
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Stunning Fist: 1/1 daily uses [DC 12][/sblock]
 
Last edited:
Emily Halten, Pretty Much Human

Emily turns to Jericho, suddenly a little shy. "Oh, you like my armor? Thanks; it's new. It's kinda heavy but I guess I'll get used to it. Anyway, Mother and my friends are really talented. My eagles can fly, of course, the beetles glow in the dark, and Mother...well, I'll introduce you guys later. They can do lots of things, but their best skill is killing evil."

Emily pauses, not quite satisfied with that. "Oh, right, and me. I'm a sorceress, I think, but I'm not really a fighter. I'm more the mischievous prankster type."[sblock=ooc]And she doesn't have any mage armor for Jericho yet, sorry. Next level ;)[/sblock][sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

 Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]
 

Triskaideka

Villager
The hlaf-orcish youth quietly took his seat at the table as he listened in on his prospective employer's speech. A delivery? That seemed simple enough, but if he was hiring mercs and adventurers then there probably was some real risk of combat. Patiently, he waited for the others to introduce themselves, and weighed each individual's introduction as they spoke.

At Jericho, he nodded appreciatively- another professional, perhaps someone he could get along with. Towards Qalabash, his expression was neutral, perhaps reflecting the turbaned man's relatively information-light introduction. Mystie's introduction got a raised eyebrow at what seemed to be her giving an inspirational speech rather than a formal introduction- then again, one got all kinds of eccentrics in the business. Emily's bare-bones intro got two raised eyebrows, one for the absolute lack of useful information, another for the curious exclamation.

Harkoz's nostrils flared in sudden exhalation, and he stood with his clawed hands clasped tightly behind his back, his raven shuffling about on his bare, tattooed shoulder. "I am Harkoz D'Vorza. Mercenary work is my family business, and I've spent an additional two years serving professionally in the Grey Legion. My experience is broad in that sense. I'm a wizard by trade and specialized in the school of Conjuration. My spell allotment is tooled towards support. I make my allies better fighters and trip up our opponents. Do not​ expected me to throw around fireballs. That being said, with prior warning I can retool my spell selection for utility." The half-orc sat again, allowing the others to digest the information while he waited for Ringling to continue.

[sblock=Stats:]Harkoz D'vorza Wizard (Conjuration) 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +3/5* Sense Motive: +2

AC: 12 (12 Touch, 10 Flat-footed) Current AC: 12
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +2/4* Ref: +3 Will: +3

In Hand: Whip
Conditions: n/a
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Sleep, Shield, Enlarge Person, Grease

Special:
Shift: Teleport to space within sight if it does not provoke AoO, 5 ft per 2 Wizard lvls (min 5), 3 + Int mod per day. 8/8 remaining.[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager

Barton Ringling glances around the table and he sits down as everyone has joined him, including the half-orc wizard with the crow that he had not spoken with. While he waits for the wine, he joins in the conversation.

He chuckles at Jericho's jest and replies,
"No, I can assure you. There will be no giant mollusks involved. At least of my doing. It is well done that you and Qalabash are capable with the skills of being guards. Such escorts are very appropriate, I should think for this meeting."

Smiling at the gnome he says, "That sounds very noble and we should hope there will be little fighting to be had, Mystie. But if so, a healer we shall need."

Barton is likewise puzzled at Emily's words and agrees with Jericho's sentiments. But the explanation causes him to nod, "Pranks indeed, milady Emily? Hopefully we shall not need those. I must say that these allies must surely be powerful. Will your mother be joining us before we leave?"

Finally he nods a greeting to the half-orc wizard who must have overhead them speaking at the bar. "Well met, Legionnaire. I am sure your experience will be welcome."

He pauses as Trixie delivers the wine and pours them goblets. With a tip of silver, she flounces on her way with the pigtails bouncing in her wake. Barton resumes in a more business-like manner.

"Well, I think you all will be able to help me. I contracted some men to acquire something and deliver it to me here in Venza. I was not able to actually hire the most trustworthy sorts, but they claimed to be capable. I already paid half the fee and they are to receive the rest when we meet as I accept the crate."

"I dare say I am worried of two things. First, I am carrying some fair amount of coin and I do not want to be mugged along the way. Second, I would not put it past the men I hired to demand more money."

"Unfortunately, I will not be able to pay more than standard fees after paying the balance of the funds owed for my delivery."

"Is this acceptable?"

GM: Fee for services will be the TBG afterwards.

[sblock=OOC Stuff]Re: Character Image IC.
@Rift, the attachment method doesn't really work. Best is to host it and post it using tags around the URL.
Here are Jericho, Emily, and Mother (click the picture and you can gain the actual link to it):
[URL="http://s956.photobucket.com/user/perrinmiller/media/Living%20Pathfinder/Jericho_zps18cee350.png.html"][IMG]http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/perrinmiller/Living%20Pathfinder/Jericho_zps18cee350.png[/URL]

Concerning Stat blocks:
Mainly I want them to track dynamic things that would not be continually updated on your sheet. The link to the sheet allows fast access to the rest. I don't need skills, initiative, or weapons stats, so you can remove them if you want since they don't change. It is up to you guys, though.
@Rift, it looks fine.
@OpMaxBear, please add "Conditions in Effect:" & a link to your char sheet.
@Triskaideka, if you plan on using your familiar please add some basics for Kor to your mini-stats as well.[/sblock]
 

Rift-LPF

Villager
Jericho - Human Monk

"Unremarkable pay for unremarkable work seems fair enough to me, though my opinion may be skewed as I have said money is only part of my reason for taking on this job. To avoid any dispute later, however..." Jericho replies, his tone turning more detached as he continues "-if your second worry is true and the party you previously hired becomes... excessively aggressive in their demands-"

Choosing the right way to word his question is apparently difficult, the boys brow furrowing slightly as he proceeds "-what are your plans for that money if events obviate the need to pay that balance?"

[sblock=Stat Block]
Jericho Calivaire
Martial Artist 1
Initiative: +3 Perception\Sense Motive:+6 Diplomacy/Bluff: +6 Intimidate: +5

AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 12 Current HP: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: Alchemical Silver Cestus (hand still free)
Ammo: 30
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Stunning Fist: 1/1 daily uses [DC 12][/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash nods acceptance of the job but backs it up verbally anyway.

"Indeed, sir, those terms are acceptable. We shall protect you from thuggery of all sorts, aid in the retrieval of your possession, enforce the terms of the contract you have made... in exchange for the sum you have offered."

Though there was a slight but noticeable emphasis upon the word 'possession' Qalabash's manner implies that while he might be curious what that item is he knows it is not a matter to concern himself over. Others may feel differently, of course.


. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: n/a
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Mystie Thissiledew ~ gnome healer 1

"Yeah, that's a good job. If things go well, I just have to look menacing and intimidating. If they go bad, I have to do what I came out here to do. Either way, I get paid. I like that job."

Mystie starts practicing her intimidating stare while waiting to leave. But, the little girl in armor a bit big for her, sitting in a highchair, well...

... safe money would still be on a house cat.


Mystie Thissiledew
 

perrinmiller

Villager

Barton Ringling's eyes narrow in response to Jericho's question, "Well, that would really depend on what happens now, doesn't it? I am not hiring you for an assassination."

"If things do happen to turn to violence, I can imagine that I will be able compensate more for greater services rendered if I feel that is warranted. But, it is my money to do with as I wish. Of course, anything you take from them afterwards is yours by right."

Seeing Qalabash and Mystie agree to the offer, he looks to the others to make sure there are no more questions or concerns.
 

Rift-LPF

Villager
Jericho shrugs at Bartons obvious derision. "Better to clearly discuss expectations and unpleasant scenarios now, than following a confrontation when tensions are high and weapons are drawn. I've had bad experiences with otherwise good groups when unexpected valuables enter into the equation. For my part, bloodshed is not part of the reputation I'm looking to build for myself."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Jericho Calivaire
Martial Artist 1
Initiative: +3 Perception\Sense Motive:+6 Diplomacy/Bluff: +6 Intimidate: +5

AC: 14 (14 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 12 Current HP: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: Alchemical Silver Cestus (hand still free)
Ammo: 30
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Stunning Fist: 1/1 daily uses [DC 12][/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

"Splendid! Now that that is cleared up we can proceed with the acceptance of employment and move along to the actual employment itself of which I am very grateful to have. Yes, Master Calivaire?" Qalabash leans over to the young man and whispers loudly. "Ah, point of fact, you haven't actually agreed as of yet. But I am sure that is just an oversight. Glad to be working alongside you!" He playfully claps Jericho on the shoulder and turns his attention to the others in the group.

"And you, Harkoz?" he asks with raised brows. "This standing back and looking scary looks to be just your kettle of tea, yes? Yes? What's the matter? Crow got your tongue? Ha, ha!"

Qalabash chuckles and turns his attention to Mystie and Emily. "Ferocious, Miss Thissiledew! Keep up the good work! And you, Emily? Will your mother be arriving? She must cut a handsome figure, indeed, if you are anything to go by. Tell me, is your, ah, father still in the picture? Yes, we shall put the fear into them with our trio of ferocious, fine, females!"

Qalabash smiles broadly exposing a mouthful of square, horsey teeth that look entirely too large for his mouth. He nods as if, in his mind at least, everything is settled and he is ready to go.


. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: n/a
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]
 
Emily wants to be professional and haggle with Mr. Ringling, but she doesn't want to scare off her first employer. She tries to compromise with a knowing, worldly silence.[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty
Conditions: None

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

 Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]
 

Triskaideka

Villager
Harkoz opened his mouth to answer answer Ringling, but Qalabash's teasing came first. The half orc blinked slowly at the man and asked in an even tone, "Do you find me scary?" His raven, Kor, cackled hideously from his perch, and in any case the question appeared rhetorical, since the young wizard turned his attention right back to Ringling, stating, "The terms of your offer are agreeable to me, Mr. Ringling. I am eager to begin work at once." The half-orc stood again, apparently ready to depart.

[sblock=Stats:]Harkoz D'vorza Wizard (Conjuration) 1
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
In Hand: Whip
Conditions: n/a
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Sleep, Shield, Enlarge Person, Grease

Special:
Shift: Teleport to space within sight if it does not provoke AoO, 5 ft per 2 Wizard lvls (min 5), 3 + Int mod per day. 8/8 remaining.

Kor, Raven Familiar
HP: 5 Current HP: 5
Conditions: n/a

*OOC: Went ahead and stripped out anything that doesn't change. Is this alright?[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager


Barton Ringling mirrors Qalabash's excitement as he raises his glass with most of you agreeing to the job, "Very well, let us a toast to a successful venture."

"I appreciate your enthusiasm, Master Harkoz. However, we have over a hour before we need to depart for the meeting. Please take a seat, there is no rush as we get to know one another."

"I would like to know how you intend to go about executing the duties before we leave. Will there be any preparations?"

He bids the half-orc to sit down once more as he turns to Emily,
"Master Qalabash brings up some point. Speak up, are we waiting for your mother? Or are you not going along without her permission?"

GM: Generally, I will not advance a scene until I have let enough time go by to ensure everyone had a chance to post & finish their interactions. The meeting is still 2 hours away IC and we make a significant jump forward in time when we actually do leave the DWI. I think 1-2 more rounds of posts should be about right.
 
Emily Halten

Emily shakes her head. "I don't need my Mother's permission, and we don't need to wait for her. When I call her, she'll come. But unless something goes very wrong, we won't even need her." She tries to give Jericho a wry look.[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty
Conditions: None

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

 Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top