[LPF] The Sword and the Fallen Angel [OOC]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
In effect, there's no difference between making an unarmed trip attempt and a trip attempt with a +5 longsword because the sword doesn't help you make the trip attempt.
[Source]
The wording on this would appear to contradict the information about tripping with non-trip weapons not being allowed. Mr. Reynolds used a poor example that muddies the water. Initially he answered the question by saying you don't have to use a weapon at all, where the question is asking about tripping with non-trip weapons.

But that question was answered as "no" earlier on by Mr. Jacobs on the Pazio boards.

Anyway, I don't want to argue fine point technicalities on wording, so let's just not make any trip attempts with non-trip weapons in the future please. Use your flail instead or buy a guisarme. ;)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I went and added your starting XP at the opening post of Daggers at Midnight. This will make it easier for me to judge when people are getting close to leveling again.

I also fixed Maia's character sheet on XP and GP earned from the last adventure while I was looking into things.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay folks. What's going on?

I was hoping for some more RPing and was giving you a bit of freedom to approach things without railroading you, but you guys appear to be a little bit lost on what to do or just waiting on the other people to take the lead.

I think maybe Mowgli and Sunshadow21 are leaving the burden on the rest of you as they are still posting their DM duties.

I will give you some hints since this is not a Skill Challenge.

Roll some Gather Information and Knowledge Local checks. I will let you figure out what. ;)

sunshadow21

Explorer
The problem is that Ausk's personality doesn't really fit taking charge. He's a "point in that direction and hurt something" type of character, not a social butterfly or an investigator.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet already suggested waking the goblin archer and getting some basic facts from it. I still think that, at least from the characters' standpoint, that's probably a better start than hitting the streets.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I will give you some hints since this is not a Skill Challenge.

Roll some Gather Information and Knowledge Local checks. I will let you figure out what. ;)

ok, I have been going nuts here ,which with the headache I have is not hard to happen, but i just figured out what is messing with me: Knowledge local is the pathfinder way of gathering information, only need the one check. huh, that is now quite painless to think about.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Knowledge local might help find a certain location.

BTW, your previous Gather Information checks were focused on Narissa, and possibly Arzethel only.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
from the Pathfinder srd pdf

rats, Bob evans ate my last post

Know a common rumor or local tradition Local 15
Know hidden organizations, rulers, and locations Local 20

since the best an untrained skill can reveal is a 10 and knowledge local for Heinrich is untrained, he can gather no information on the nefarious individuals he is searching for.

Shayuri

First Post
Apologies. Interrogations and inquiries are something Maia is ill-equipped to do successfully.

But I suppose an RP post displaying that wouldn't come amiss.

And I suspect it would be amusing. :)

Remove ads