• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Through the Looking Gate

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto, figuring he has the toughest hide and best eyes, takes the lead going down the stairs."Give me a fifteen foot lead so if a trap springs, we all don't fall in."
[section]
[sblock=actions]Tasanto in the lead, go down the stairs.
Perception (1d20+14=30)
[/sblock][sblock=Tasanto Nysys' Mini-stats]
Half-elf Tasanto ....(inactive)
HP 49/49; AC 13+4, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +7, Reflex +3, Will +11, CMB +5, CMD 17
Perception +14, Sense Motive +14,

Unarmed Strike +5, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 2/day

Lucerne Hammer +6, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +5, d6+1 (in haversack)
Dagger +5, d4+1
Sling, +1, d4+1
.......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (active)
HP 44/44 real, 29/29 temp, AC 22+4, 16 Touch, 20+4 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40' Mage Armor 5 hrs
Fort: +6, Reflex +7, Will +11, CMB 7, CMD 23, Evasion
Perception +14, Sense Motive +14

Claw/Claw +7, d4+3+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +7, d6+3+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +7, d6+4+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +7, d6+3+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 1/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +8, d12+4 with 10' reach
Handbo +7, d6+3
Dagger +7, d4+3
Sling +7, d4+3 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

.,,,..Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance, Umbrella
.,,.,,...Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Expeditious Retreat, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,,,,...Summon Monster II: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), celestial eagles
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 3 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
....,,.........Consumables: 15/22 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
....,,.........Consumables: Scroll of Summon Eidolon and Scroll of Lesser Eidolon Surge loose in haversack
....,,.........Consumables: (44/50 charges) Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
.....,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
........ ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance or Dragon Stance
..If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,..,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.......Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+14 against one strike
.......Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
If Dragon Stance Active:

..Ignore Difficult Terrain: Ignore terrain on charge and charge through allies
....First Strike is harder: +1 damage to first unarmed strike
...........dragon resolve: +2 saves vs Sleep, Paralysis and stunning effects
...............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off,Dragon Stance off , Swift action available, AoO 3 available, AC 26, Mage Armor 5 hrs, Resist Electricity 10 for 8 minutes
In hand: lucerne hammer
[/sblock]
[/section]

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra nods at Tasanto and will stay back about 15 ft. Mika will follow right behind her too. "Even in that form... Don't you need some light?"

kinem

Adventurer
"Hold on a moment. I have a little spell that could help us communicate fairly quietly even if we get separated." Menik casts message, including everyone in it other than the actual cats.

"Also, Tasanto, here is my periscope if you want to use it." Menik draws it forth.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Maui pads back to where Vincenzo stands confounded looking at the wand that had blown up in Tasanto's hands. He nudges the nobleborn fighter and lets out a rumble that sends a tingle of healing energy through his body. He then nips at the sleeve of his clothes and pulls him towards the entrance in obvious impatience at the delay.

[sblock=OOC] CLW cast on Vincenzo heals 10 hps [/sblock]
"Huh? Whoa! It worked for me!? Oh, sorry Maui, Yes, let us move on eh?" He replaces his wand-unknowingly unused- and proceeds down the steps after the first two.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"You would think dangerous and terrifying evil would have a place with better property value. Ah well," Lem says as he re-secures his waterskin and follows the rest down to protect the rear.

jackslate45

First Post
Once the party has been healed of most of the damage from the previous fight, Tasanto takes point, leading them down into the depths. His keen dark vision allows him a good solid view of the downward depths, and he carefully proceeds forward, keeping a watchful eye on the ground and the walls for signs of mechanical traps. The low ceiling causes the hammer in Tasanto's hand to scrape the ceiling, but Tasanto just barley avoids scraping his head on the ceiling. Small amounts of dust dislodge themselves from the floor while descending.

His allies follow him, one at a time. Maui has a little bit of trouble squeezing into such a confined space, and let's the others in front of him, bringing up the rear guard.

after 100' into the depths, of walking into the depths, the sound of the lightning storm is covered up by the sound of running water, as though a spring is below the surface. Tasanto, being about 3 strides in front of everyone, sees it first; a small spring of water seems to have opened up in on the left wall, causing a large size puddle to form in front of the stairs.

[sblock=GM] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION], Maui is currently squeezed due to being a large creature in a 5' hallway. Let me know if you decide to change our of Tiger form.

Current Marching Order. Let me know if this needs changed.
100' below the surface.
Tasanto
15'
Vincenzo
Galandra
Mika
Menik
Lem
Taniwha
Maui

[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
Nysys 26 28/29
--Tasanto 44/44
Menik 17 32/32
Lem 22 32/32
Galandra 17 52/52
Vincenzo 19 67/68
Maui 23 51/56
[/sblock]

Updated Map

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Glad I sold that merchant's garb", muses Vincenzo aloud. He follows otherwise without any other words.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem uses the message spell to quietly ask Tasanto, "You seem to be having some trouble up there, big guy. Want me to take point? If the tunnel gets any smaller, I would be better off than you."

If Tasanto agrees, the halfling will go first.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads