[LPF] Through the Looking Gate

jackslate45

First Post
While able to shake off the spell Menik throws at it, the eidolon is unable to stand up to the combined might of Tasanto and Maui. Tasanto's blow staggers the creature, and it manages to say "Masster, I failed..." before Maui's jaw grabs at it's throat and rips it away.

The creature falls to ground, and disappears seconds later. The after effects from the gate closing again seem to hum in the room for another few seconds, but even that to disappears. The only sound that is heard is the drip drip of blood from those that were injured.

[sblock=Combat Over]
I will get XP updated tonight. Good job everyone!

Enemies:
4 legged creature(Eidolon): 40/6? AC: 24

Heroes:
Nysys 28 28/29
--Tasanto 52/52
Menik 17 9/32
Lem 23 10/32
Galandra 17 50/52
Vincenzo 20 43/79
Maui 16 01/56:
Taniwha 22 50/50

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra stands up from the shock wave. "Damn..." she curses in low voice as she looks back to Menik and then to the rest on the other chamber. "How's everyone? Who needs healing!?" she rushes over to them.

"Well shi-... you look awful" Galandra stares at Maui's wounds. She will offer to use any wand if they have available.

jbear

First Post
Galandra stands up from the shock wave. "Damn..." she curses in low voice as she looks back to Menik and then to the rest on the other chamber. "How's everyone? Who needs healing!?" she rushes over to them.

"Well shi-... you look awful" Galandra stares at Maui's wounds. She will offer to use any wand if they have available.

Maui's fur fades back into blood covered flesh. His trembling hand reaches for one of the wands in his belt, tapping it several times at the savage wound that his other hand clutches on his neck in an attempt to staunch the blood. The wound seals and the jungle warrior staggers to his feet. He nods at Galandra and gives her a weak smile as if to say 'I'll be okay'.

"Maui ... hates ... te Dog Callers" he gasps. Taniwha pads over and nudges the legs of his companion. "Are we finished te job?" he asks looking towards Menik.

[sblock=OOC] Maui will use 5 taps of his Wand of CLWs to mend him self to a reasonable degree to either travel back or continue on and there seems to be the threat of further danger, at which point he will heal himself more fully.

Healing from Wand: 5d8+5 hps [/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem shakes himself from the recent swipe he took. "I think I saw my last few cooked meals flash before my eyes. Nice to see everyone still upright, if a little worse for wear. Man, that thing hits hard." Lem takes a look around for any other signs of danger.

kinem

Adventurer
Still hurting from the lightning, Menik finds a potion in his backpack and drinks it down. It helps a little.

[sblock]potion of CLW, heal 4 hp; now 13/32[/sblock]

"Yes, I think it is finished" Menik says. "We should check if the magic is gone from the elemental summoning spots, and if the storm is dissipating.

You know, the gnome was crazy and careless, but he did have a point in one respect. If the gate could be fixed, it could be very useful. I don't know if it can be fixed, especially now that it's sealed. Maybe it's too late now. I certainly couldn't do it without learning a lot more. But, maybe, someday."

[sblock]knowledge(arcana) = 20 re: gate[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Magic gates, I know nothing about those." The Venzin native strides hurriedly to get to the side of the jungle warrior, he offers to assist his friend to sit down on the blood soaked floor, not caring where he stepped or how much blood he got on himself.

"Once sealed, is it always sealed? do you think the crazy gnome might have unsealed it? I know a barrel of wine can be unsealed and re sealed, but there might be repercussions to the quality of the wine."

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=Menik]
You had it easy closing the gate; The gnome had a counter measure in place. Actually opening the gate again would take years, but with the gnome's research you will defiantly hasten the attempt should you want to.

However, you doubt that with your current knowledge you would be able to do it yourself. Maybe Dellrian might know someone?

(OOC: You would need Craft Wondrous Items to re-open the gate, which LPF bans for PC's :( )
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Maui gains 28 HP back: 5d8+5=28

Also, Galandra, Lem, and Menik now leveled to level 6. XP is updated in the first post.

Heroes:
Nysys 28 28/29
--Tasanto 52/52
Menik 17 9/32
Lem 23 10/32
Galandra 17 50/52
Vincenzo 20 43/79
Maui 16 29/56:
Taniwha 22 50/50

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
While the others are tending to their wounds, Tasanto gathers up the ring, cloak and clasp from the charred cinders on the ground and starts examining them. They must be magical if they survived such an electrical onslaught. Casting detect magic and then looking them over, he is a bit perplexed. Well, fighting is more his job anyway. " Well, umm, umm, at least I can tell the clasp is a ..."

"Here Menik. You should look at these." as he hands them over.

[section]
[sblock=actions]Cast Detect Magic
Spellcraft to identify items (1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=20) fail, fail, caster level 5 on the clasp
[/sblock][sblock=Tasanto Nysys' Mini-stats]
Half-elf Tasanto ....(inactive)
HP 58/58; AC 13+4, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +7, Reflex +3, Will +12, CMB +5, CMD 17
Perception +15, Sense Motive +14,

Unarmed Strike +6, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 2/day

Lucerne Hammer +7, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +6, d6+1 (in haversack)
Dagger +6, d4+1
Sling, +2, d4+1
.......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (active)
HP 52/52 real, 28/29 temp, AC 24+4, 16 Touch, 22+4 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40' Mage Armor 5 hrs
Fort: +8, Reflex +9, Will +14, CMB 8, CMD 24, Evasion
Perception +23, Sense Motive +14

Claw/Claw +8, d4+4+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +8, d6+4+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +8, d6+6+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +8, d6+4+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 3/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +9, d12+6 with 10' reach
Handbo +8, d6+4
Dagger +8, d4+4
Sling +7, d4+4 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

.,,,..Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance, Umbrella
.,,.,,...Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Expeditious Retreat, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
.,,.,,..Summoner 2nd Lvl: 1/2 remaining; Haste, See Invisibility
Summon Monster II:
5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (6 min), celestial eagles
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 3 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
....,,.........Consumables: 15/22 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
....,,.........Consumables: Scroll of Summon Eidolon and Scroll of Lesser Eidolon Surge loose in haversack
....,,.........Consumables: (44/50 charges) Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
.....,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
........ ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance or Dragon Stance
..If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,..,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.......Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+14 against one strike
.......Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
If Dragon Stance Active:

..Ignore Difficult Terrain: Ignore terrain on charge and charge through allies
....First Strike is harder: +2 damage to first unarmed strike
...........dragon resolve: +2 saves vs Sleep, Paralysis and stunning effects
...............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance on,Dragon Stance on, Swift action available, AoO 2of3 available, AC 28, Mage Armor 4.5 hrs
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik takes the objects but admits "I haven't prepared the proper spell to identify them. Spells for detecting or protecting have never been my strong suits, and I must prepare fewer spells when I use them. But tomorrow, I will."

He puts the gnome's notes in his backpack and heads back out from the tomb to see if the storm is still there.

[sblock=jackslate45]Menik drank a potion of CLW; hp 13/32 (before level-up).[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui waves away Vincenzo's offer to sit down. "I have te strength to leave te crypt now. We can sit when we get back to te Hall of Heroes..."

Maui heads towards the exit, Taniwha padding ahead of him, ears flattened and alert to any signs of danger that might threaten his master in his weakened state.

[sblock=OOC] Are we wrapping up the adventure or is there more ahead? [/sblock]

Remove ads