• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Tower of Power

omnitricks

First Post
Paskell ignores the naive human and set off along with Aeron, stopping at the entrance and taking a quick look around in case there are any other Tulok's hiding around. Finding the dwarven works, the tengu mentioned "I think there is some sort of pattern here..." before going on to examine them. In the middle of his examination he found the weird symbols and wondered to himself, "what the-?"

[sblock=OOC]Nice to see that linguistics actually has some use o.0

Perception: 1d20+5=7
Linguistics (Runes): 1d20+9=22
Linguistics (Symbols): 1d20+9=16

I think the only person proficient to wear that armour just left, haha.[/sblock]
[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad nodded at the human, "Be back with haste, friend," before following the others up. It was strange to think it, but this was possibly the tallest building he had ever ascended. It was hard to notice when surrounded by walls, and it was quickly driven to the back of his mind when he noticed his companion's sudden interest in the symbols on the wall. Neither the meticulously chiseled nor the crudely painted runes held meaning to the nomad, so he focused his attention elsewhere.

[sblock=OOC]Perception check:1d20+6=12
Silly Omnitricks, we can all wear it! In fact, we're all wearing chain shirts right now. :p[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Paskell is able to work out that the dwarven runes indicate some sort of temple or burial chamber, although he's not familiar with the dwarven pantheon and can't guess which god the carvings represent. However, a few of the runes seem to indicate that there is a guardian to watch over the dead. And while the tengu can't exactly read the troglodyte writings either, the painted red symbols clearly indicate "DANGER - DON'T GO HERE" or some similar sentiment. The trogolodyte symbols and the dwarven runes on both doors are virtually identical.

SinisterRogue

First Post
"What does it say?" Aeron whispered to Paskell as the tengu studied the runes on the door. "Is it trapped or something?"

[sblock=Aeron's Mini Stats]
View attachment 56109
Aeron
HP: 8/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +0
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision
Spells Remaining (1st): 0/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
"I...don't think so?" Paskell said wondering what sort of a place is it. "Seems like a place of religious importance to the dwarves..." the tengu said before proceeding to describe what he learnt about it to the others in case they have an idea what. "No surprise that the troglodytes are telling each others not to go in" Paskell said before scoffing at the word "danger."
[sblock=OOC]Opps look like we are haha. I saw the medium chain mail :p Then take it but 20% spell failure on our caster? :O

Also bard, do your bardic knowledge thing! :)[/sblock]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"If they're trying to keep us out, then I see no better path than to go in."

[sblock=OOC]If I could, I would. That's one of the class features I traded off with this archetype, though. :p
Also, Magi (like Bards) don't suffer spell failure from light armor. This expands to medium armor at 7th and heavy armor at 13th.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

omnitricks

First Post
"Are you sure about that?" Paskell asked before going toward the two doors and trying to figure out what dangers they might have.
[sblock=OOC]Perception northwest: 1d20+5=23
Perception southwest: 1d20+5=15[/sblock]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

SinisterRogue

First Post
[sblock=OCC] Aeron will enter whichever doorway sounds safest once after Paskell's listening. If nothing turns up from that, Aeron will just enter the northwest door. [/sblock]

[sblock=Aeron's Mini Stats]
View attachment 56109
Aeron
HP: 8/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +0
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision
Spells Remaining (1st): 0/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Opening the northwest door leads to a crypt or shrine of some sort. Six sarcophagi are evenly spaced around the walls. In front of you are the extremely dead remains to two troglodytes and a pool of fresh blood. In the center of the room is what might pass for nothing more than the metal statue of a snake, except that it is liberally splattered with troglodyte blood. It's also dented somewhat, as if someone struck it a few times with a large axe. Despite the damage, it still looks rather dangerous. And while it's clearly some sort of temple guardian, it makes no move as the door opens. A second snake contruct, this one inert and rusting, lies in the dust in the other half of the room.

From here, you can see a fair number of gold and silver ornaments that would probably be worth a fair sum to the right collector.

Ironcobra.jpg

[sblock=GM]I haven't placed the PCs on the map. If you move into the room, tell me who's going in first, and where the other two are standing, as we'll be going into initiative.

Sorry about the delay -- had to find a new car. I'll be gone for the long weekend but will be back posting more regularly next week.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_301.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads