• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]Treasure Hunt

sunshadow21

Explorer
Based on the debris in the room, the table appears to have been not so much an altar as an offering table to the ancestors. Upon further inspection, you see worn places on the floor in front of each of the murals where supplicants would have petitioned their old chiefs for aid.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Well, my earlier assumption appears to have been wrong. This area does indeed appear to have been at least at one time inhabited by Hobgoblins. Though whether that is still the case or not is anyone's guess." Fae'shiel says in a whisper loud enough for the others of her group to hear but not loud enough for anyone else to hear.

sunshadow21

Explorer
As you search around the room, Marcus is standing near the door when he hears noises on the other side. Whatever it is, it are not trying to be quiet.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus quirks an eyebrow as he hears the noise. He looks back at his companions giving a quick warning hiss/shush sound and holds up a hand. He points to the door for anyone who has taken notice of his movements and noise and backs away, pulling his hammer free from his back and pressing his back against the wall on the side of the door opposite of the door handle, which logically should be the direction the door opens if it opens inward. Hammer held at the ready he looks to his companions to see if they have taken the warning.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry about that folks. The last couple of days in the office I've totally space cased checking in. Holidays + law suits + 14 people who think the know everything about our business but in truth know exactly poo-poo about it who are trying to hire our next Exec. Director makes for a bit o' a stress filled time. I will do better in checking in in the future. Promise![/sblock]

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge sees Marcus' behavior and slowly and quietly draws his greatsword from the sheath on his back. He holds it at the ready and stands before the door.

"Anyone with keener ears than mine want to take a listen at the door before we open it to see if you can tell who or what is making that noise?" he whispers barely loud enough for his companions to hear.

toasterferret

Explorer
Darius shrugs as if the say "Not I", before silently directing Zaphyn to the door. He draws and levels his crossbow before raising an eyebrow to the demon.

Zaphyn stalks over to the door and lithely places his ear against it,listening for the source of the noise.

OOC: Taking ten, total 15

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus leans his head in, aware that the demonic presence is just mere inches from his head. That, at least, is a known quantity so he holds his breath and joins Zaphyn in listening carefully.

[sblock=SS21]Can I use the check to also give him a moment to glance at the door to see if he can tell which way it opens, or would I need to roll another one?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads