[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

Songdragon

Explorer
Saranna sheathes her blade and before retrieving her crossbow she turns and bows to Isospeh, "It is I who should thank you. In my zeal for the battle I did not see that the battle was won, but a foe to be felled. You show your wisdom holy man. May I hope to learn well of your actions here today."

The hafling takes up her crossbow and reloads the weapon... and to lighten the shadows takes up her ioun torch and tosses it in the air above her. The small ellipsoid twirls about her head and gives off light about her.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian simply shrugs at the conversation, trusting the gnome to know the situation enough to know when to let a survivor live to tell the tale and when it's best to finish all of their foes off. He waits quietly for the party to move on, deep in thought on his own dismal performance, though he doesn't feel the need to show it like the priest does.

Qik

First Post
Having gathered anything of value from their fallen enemies, the group follows the gnome through the remainder of the cave. The exit leads out into a small, wooded hamlet, enclosed on all sides by steep hills. At the center of this hamlet lies a smallish cottage, presumably the gnome's home. As they make their way along the path to the house, the late afternoon sun flits through the trees. The gnome is clearly pleased to have returned to his home, and seems unbothered by the earlier attack. When the others inquire about his safety here, he says simply, "Nothing but Fate can reach me here."

The group makes their way into the cabin. The first thing they notice is that it is indeed the house of a gnome: Saranna will likely be comfortable in these surroundings, but the rest instantly feel out of place. Leading the group into a small living room, the gnome hastily drags a few "normal-sized" chairs over for Thuvian, Arianna, and Ioseph, apologizing to Arianna for his lack of a proper mer-bench. The room is amazingly cluttered with scrolls, books, and trinkets of all types; colorful swaths of cloth wreath the room like a protective sheath. The gnome does his best to place the chairs for the others in the most minimally-cluttered spaces, but otherwise seems unbothered by the over-profusion of items. "Would anyone like some tea? I'm going to put a kettle on for myself, and make a bit of a snack. Gods know it's hard to perform a proper viewing into the Beyond on an empty stomach." Without waiting for an answer, he scurries off into what seems to be the kitchen.

Songdragon

Explorer
"Tea sounds lovely, thank you Mr. Gnome," Saranna says with a bow. Shen then asks, "You mentioned something of a divination ritual. What will be required of us?"

Qik

First Post
Reentering the room after a few minutes carrying a tray of tea and biscuits, the gnome acts as if there was no such break in between Saranna's question and his answer. "Oh, don't you worry my dear. I'll be doing all the heavy lifting - that's a metaphor of course," he says, as he moves a few scrolls off an overly plush chair to make room for himself. Choosing a biscuit and taking a bite, he continues as he chews. "Basically, I'll begin my inquiry into the cards' whereabouts as normal - I believe you saw a bit of how I proceed yesterday evening, yes? - and once I've reached the place where I can go no further, in terms of clarity, I mean, I will begin to ask you four to do what you can to observe the image I have produced from the cards. As you look at it from different angles, given your areas of expertise, I will be able to...hmm...'harness the energies', as it were, of your knowledge and observations, in order to further clarify the conditions surrounding my sought-after items. Depending on how successful we are," he adds, looking at each member of the party in turn, "I should be able to learn a great deal about the whereabouts and ancillary conditions of the cards in this manner." Swallowing the last of his biscuit, the gnome reaches for another.

OOC: Just to be clear, they're British "biscuits" - i.e. sort of like over-sized ginger snaps.

As before, once we actually get crackin', I'll give you the long and short of things OOC. Thought a slight breather for some RP was in order, first.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph takes Saranna's compliment in silence but by the blush it did please him greatly to hear it.

Sitting with his bald head very close to the ceiling he asks, "And the ambush. They have something to do with this? You said you sent the creature home to it's master and that by doing so it would be of more help. Please explain."

sunshadow21

Explorer
As Thuvian tends to feel slightly out of place most places, the cramped quarters have little effect on his bearing. The only noticable effect is that is cozy enough to get to Nora actually shows herself to get a better look at her master's latest traveling companions as Thuvian slowly works on one of the biscuits and listens to the conversation.

Songdragon

Explorer
Enjoying the small surroundings the halfling smiles as she reaches across the table for one of the biscuits. She seems to examine the food and then takes a small bite and then perks up at its taste, "Most delicious. Thank you Mr. Gnome." She nods at the little man's simple explanation of what he intends.

Looks to her strange companions she says, "This does remind me of home, across the great waters. I have not seen many "small" places. It is much better than be cramped aboard a sailing vessel for many passings of the moons above. Although the meeting of the large folk of Venza has been a pleasure. While most different from my homeland, they are quite a delightful people. I do hope that many new agreements can be reached." She says revealing some tidbits of herself. The halfling now off the trail and seemingly feeling more comfortable does seem to be quite gregarious.

She asks and then sips her tea, "If I might ask, what has brought you to Venza and then along on Mr. Gnome's undertaking?"

[COLOR=""][/COLOR]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
The gnome nods knowingly at Ioseph's question as he swallows the last of his biscuit. "Yes....it is, how you say? A theory..." He straightens up in his chair as he continues. "For some time now I have had a hunch as to who is responsible for the theft of my seeing-deck; if correct, it would explain both the motivation for the theft as well as my inability to discern their identity through my normal means. There is a group that calls themselves The Ears of the Whisperer; I have heard mention of them from time to time, although I have learned little of substance - they are a shadowy group, and seem to prefer to keep their dealings secret. I do know that they view themselves as followers of Issolatha, the halfling goddess of divination, although some would argue that this devotion is not reciprocated.T hey are a strange bunch," - it's hard not to chuckle at hearing the gnome make this statement - "with motivations that are difficult to grasp. They interact with strange and pernicious creatures, beasts of a magical nature, which is why the presence of malicious fey in this afternoon's attack has further strengthened my belief that they are the one's responsible for this theft. Even the more antagonistic creatures of these hills steer clear of my hollow." Blinking, he concludes his summary with a shrug, and reaches for another cookie. His mouth full, the gnome simply smiles at Saranna's endorsement. He seems to be enjoying the company.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Sounds like an interesting group. Have you had any dealing with Issolatha yourself that would have made your presence known to them, or did that occur through some other means? As for why I'm here, good lady, I must earn a paycheck one or another, and this good gnome's story is far more interesting than most I have come across."

Remove ads