[LPF] Unwanted Farmhands

perrinmiller

Villager
Short 1 Encounter stopover for 4 heroes en route Venza

DM: Perrinmiller
Judge: ??

Heroes:
Borric Hawkins (perrinmiller) - Human Fighter - in NPC status, not gaining XP/GP
Breninyr Hydref (Mowgli) - Aasimar Sensei/Cleric
Orlando Furioso (GlassEye) - Human Bard/Rogue
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Human Witch


[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 30 Aug 2013 & Ends 7 Oct 2013 (39 Days) DMC=2.73
Breninyr starts at 148,852XP: Ends at 169,331XP
Fury stats at 107,475XP: Ends at 122,533XP
Sylvain starts at 63,213XP: Ends at 74,785XP

Enc1: 6400XP each
[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Enc1: 4 Greatclubs (40gp), 2 potions of cure serious wounds (1500gp), +2 dragonhide breastplate (5400gp), +1 greatclub (2610gp), amulet of natural armor +1 (2000gp), belt of giant strength +2(4000gp), cloak of resistance +1(1000gp), 830gp = 17,380gp = 4345gp Each


[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards][URL=http://s956.photobucket.com/user/perrinmiller/media/Living%20Pathfinder/LPFUnwantedFarmhandsFinal_zps3880d20a.jpg.html][/URL]

Breninyr earns 20,479XP, Ends at 169,331XP; Earns 11,287GP
Fury earns 15,058XP, Ends at 122,533XP; Earns 9,961GP
Sylvain earns 11,572XP, Ends at 74,785XP; Earns 8,014GP
[/Sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ on-line dice rollers for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Please use the exact BBCode link Invis Castle provides. This requires an Account at Invis Castle to add. I want to see what the roll is for and the target designated (ie. "Bite vs. Orc 4") in the description block that is provided when you are logged in. Including the modifiers that make the bonuses different than normal can also be included. This example would be ideal: Spiked Chain vs. Orc 4 (Kn Dev & -2/+4 PA) (1d20+11=12, 2d4+10=14)
I would appreciate not having to take any extra time to click any links during my updates.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level, generally you may do so immediately once combat is finished. Subject to DM approval if the timing is okay. Regardless the date of actual leveling will not change even if use of the new level is delayed in IC action.

* Leveling up mid-campaign: This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.

* Game Mechanics should be placed in a sblock, leaving only IC content/narration & a character avatar in the meat of a post.

* Do not quote another person's IC content in your post narration.

* Tactical Grids will be using Ditzie, the players will be updating their movements themselves in combat and posting up the new URLs. Whenever you post IC, include the latest map even if your character did not move. This way everyone knows you are done with it. There is no limit to the number times we can update the map. Instead of editing a map link (unless you are the last post), please post a new link if you update again.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric and Sylvain parted ways with Zelena, the little cleric returning to her homelands, a week after leaving Gist. The journey on the river uneventful and boring as they rode aboard ship after selling off the mounts. No Halflings assaulted them. No river monsters tried to eat them. Leaving the river behind, the duo had purchased new mounts and were making the overland trek through the Landadel Baronies towards Venza.

To occupy their time, Borric and Syl spent many hours discussing potential ventures they could look into before trying to brave the portal to the other plane again. One can only discuss whoring in Venza so much before it becomes counter-productive while still a few days travel away.

One of the reasons they went overland was to listen for rumors that would offer opportunity. As it happens, they hear tell of some farmsteads getting terrorized near a village a few leagues down the road. Spurring their mounts into a canter, they hustled along.


Arriving at the village's town square, they pulled up short on the reins and immediately see a familiar face. It is Orlando Furioso, aka Fury. There is another man with them that they do not recognize.
 
Last edited:

Gerald007

Villager
"Well, look what the cat dragged in, Borric. Long time no see, Mr. Fury! How's life been? Better than mine, I'm sure, trying to keep up with this guy," he motions, pointing at the heavily armored fighter beside him. "Fine, Waltor. Fury, Waltor says hello. Apparently, I'm being rude again," Syl grumbles, as his tiny centipede appears on his shoulder out of the folds of his robe.

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane

  • (0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
  • (4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21

  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric. [/sblock]


 

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric reins in his horse beside Syl and remarks, "Aye, tis Fury."

"Oy, mate! What brings you out this way?"
He calls out.

The fighter walks his horse closer and then swings a leg over the rump to dismount with a clang of platemail. Since they last saw each other, the brash fighter no longer is wearing that hideous black platemail with skulls decorating it. His armor is a gleaming bronze and his shield is of fine darkwood. He still has his trust flail, mageslayer on his belt though.

Borric holds out his gauntlet-covered hand to clasp forearms. "Who's your traveling companion?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Orlando is struck speechless at running into a couple of old friends but he recovers quickly rattling off a string of curses Borric and Sylvain last heard standing outside a guardhouse in Planks, curses Borric taught Fury. This time, however, they are spoken with a good-natured pleasure at this chance meeting of friends. The rogue grins, nods a greeting to Sylvain, winks at Waltor, and clasps arms with Borric.

"You two are the last ones I expected to find out here in the country. It's good to see you both. Is Zelena with you?" He stands back and looks both of his friends over. "Sylvain, my friend, you look... dangerous. I'm not sure I want to know what sort of tricks you've picked up since we last traveled together.

And Borric!"
The rogue flicks Borric's chestplate with one fingertip. "Shining bronze! It's a good look for you. No white cloak strapped to your back, yet?"

Fury seems to just now realize that he hasn't made introductions all round.

"Oh, yes. This is Bren. Solid fellow from down Irthos way who kept me alive when things got a little rough in the Seithrs. Bren, these are some old friends of mine: Borric, Sylvain, and the indomitable Waltor. Couldn't ask for better companions."


• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: n/a
Effects/Conditions: n/a

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Golden skin now turning a coppery shade, Bren gives an embarrassed half-smile and waves away Fury's praise. "Truly, 'twas Fury and Cythera kept me alive, and helped me solve a mystery and take care of a . . . um . . . problem . . . for my superiors. Anyway, any friend of Fury's is a friend of mine! Guess you guys can call me Bren."
[/section]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 21 (21 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



After the introductions, Borric grins and shakes his head, "Ha, no fookin' White Cloak am I!"

"They would not let me hang out in brothels all the time when off duty. Besides, I am apt to bash the law breakers in the head instead of arresting them."


He had not met Cythera, whoever that is. The name alone reminds him of some exotic dancer in Venza that was high priced when it can to giving good... He shakes his head to clear his mind of the talents of high priced whores and returns to the matter at hand.

"We are on our way to Venza. Zelena decided to strike off for home to tend to local matters for awhile. She promised to look us up if she ever returns to the City of Glass."

"Syl and I have been discussing a new venture, but it is one that will require some specialized magical gear and probably flying mounts. In the mean time, we need to find some new questing to acquire lots more gold before such an risky endeavor."


Borric is clearly excited about the prospect.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock][Sblock=New Map]Try messing around with this map. <Shift> will re-size a picture. Double-click opens up other options. When done, hit <Enter> key and it generates a new URL. Post the link for the next person.[/Sblock]Map of Village Square
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Thought I'd give Syl a chance to respond as well, but played (just a little) with the map. I've used Ditzie before and like it - I just moved Bren next to Borric as he'd approached to shake the man's hand.

Updated Ditzie[/sblock]
 

Gerald007

Villager
"Nah, I'm not dangerous, Fury. My job is to keep the MageSlayer standing upright. He usually takes it from there,"Syl laughs still enjoying Borric's nickname, even after all this time.

"Nice to meet you, Bren. A friend of Fury's is a friend of mine, that's for sure."

OOC [sblock]Soory for the short post, but I've been sick in bed all day. Hopefully I'll be back feeling better tomorrow![/sblock]

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane

  • (0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
  • (4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21

  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]


 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury looks a bit sheepish as he makes a nonchalant motion with one hand.

"As for what we're doing in the country... Bren heard some rumors from one of his contacts or another that there was something going on out here that could use a pair of eyes to check it out. I'm not sure we're in the right place; my direction sense outside the city just isn't the same. Give me a maze of alleys and canals and I'm just fine. Hedgerows and dirt roads and I get turned around."

Fury looks askance at Borric and Sylvain.

"So, if you don't have any reason to be back in Venza immediately I'd love to catch up with the two of you while we poke around a bit. What do you say?"

[sblock=OOC]Gerald, hope you're feeling better![/sblock]


• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: n/a
Effects/Conditions: n/a

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric clicks his tongue and has his own sheepish grin, "Well, funny that you should say such a thing. Upon seeing a friendly face from the past in such an unlikely place, I was momentarily distracted."

"In fact we were just racing to this very village because some traveler heading in the opposite direction told us there was a farmstead that was being terrorized and it was beyond the local constable's ability to handle it. So, I says 'it probably ain't beyond my fookin' abilities.'"

"Next thing we know, the traveler had all but dared me to prove and here we are."


Gesturing to one of the locals, he continues, "We should probably ask gramps over there."

With the reins of his horse clasped in his shield hand, he leads the mount towards the older looking villager.

"Oy, there. We have heard about someone needing a hand with some troubles on a local farmstead."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]Updated Map
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Bren nods at the fighting man's words. "Yes, that sounds like the matter I'd been sent to look into. It seems that once more fate has provided me with help. I wonder if this means the matter would've been more that the two of us could manage on our own, Fury?"
[/section]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 21 (21 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager

The older man has graying hair and stubble on his face. He is dressed like a commoner of a little means, likely frugal but not dirt poor. He stops chewing on something, but only enough to spit out some dark saliva off to the side.

The grizzled looking villager squints an eye at Borric, not really that impressed with the shiny armor or the brash attitude. His stern eye takes in the rest of you as well.

His voice has that hoarse quality of years working outside and talking a lot.


"Ya reckon correct, sonny. Da farm up north had a milkmaid a runnin' thru har not too long 'go. Sounded like ol' Galloway got heself sum new farmhands dat ain't gonna work out no good. Dey musta been sum big brutes da way lil' Sally was carryin' on."

"But ya ken, younguns. Dey always be exaggeratin' things. But iffen it be true, den Galloway prolly need sum help. He ain't naw spring chick ta be brawlin' with young bucks."

The man spits again, the dark glob being absorbed in the dust earth of the road.


Updated Map
 

Gerald007

Villager
"Sounds like a case of some thugs taking advantage of a poor farmer to me. We might not find any monetary riches in this gig, but who knows...perhaps there are some beautiful farmer's daughters what would be appreciative of being rescued," Syl grins devilishly, nodding to his erstwhile partner in crime. "Treasures come in many different varieties, you know."

"Well, no reason to tarry. Let's go figure out what is happening at the farm. That reminds me, a warrior, a Mage, and a cleric head to the farm..."


Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane

  • (0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
  • (4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21

  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]


 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

"Well, then," begins Fury with a chuckle, "I dare say as we've all come poking about for the same reasons that it was fated; and I don't question fate."

The rogue follows Borric over to where the old-timer stands and listens as he tells his tale of excitable milkmaids and brutish farmhands.

"Can you give us directions to Galloway's farm? Sounds like Galloway's got a bit trouble, exaggeration or not. And is Sally around? I think we should maybe hear what she has to say. If you think there's time...?"

He looks to his companions, new and old, to see if they think they should track down the milkmaid for her story.

"Good one, Syl," he whispers to the witch.


• Orlando Furioso •

Updated Map

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: n/a
Effects/Conditions: n/a

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Bren follows Fury over. After getting the gist of the story, he asks the oldtimer, "How big did the lass say they were, goodman? If she was exaggerating we'll soon find out, but if she wasn't it's best we know what we're getting into."
[/section]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 21 (21 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric grins, "You are missing the dashing rogue in that tale, Syl. And I am sure the story ends with someone tussling in the hay with barnyard animals. Or it is the one with pig sheet."

Still the brash fighter is not so easily distracted, "Yeah, we should head out there and offer assistance. Money is not everything and I don't expect a farmer to be able to afford the sort of rewards heroes like us are accustomed too. But, he might loan you the use of own of his farm animals for a night with you, Syl. Ol' bessy bound to be appreciative for saving her milk. Ha ha."

Then again Borric can focus on two things at once, climbing back on his mount while teasing the witch.

"If the person we on the way here is any indication, the farmer has been dealing with the miscreants for over a half hour, Fury. We met him about 10 minutes back and he was on foot. We have traveled much faster to get here."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager

The older man appears to be pretty casual about the whole thing and shrugs. He spits another glob of saliva off to the side before answering your questions.

"Lil' Sally kept goin' yonder, prolly heading to find sumone ta fetch da constable from da next town over, I reckon. Dat was 'bouts an hour ago. Mayhap ya best head ta see Galloway. Gots ta be faster, ya ken. "

"She only said dey was big an' ugly. Bigger than da Jessop boy. Dat lad is 'bout a hand taller than yur shiny armored knight."

The man nods up at Borric now mounted once again, then spits to side. He jerks a thumb towards the north where a road leaves the center of the little hamlet.

"Iffen ya go dat way 'bouts a mile, ya shud find da Galloway place ta yur left. Not hard ta miss, account ya can see his barn from da road."

GM: The last thing with this scene is to really make sure everyone is comfortable using ditzie maps before we move on. Gerald007, I have not seen if you have played with it and moved your token around yet. Please move Syl and the horse next to Borric's horse and we can advance the scene.
Updated Map
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury nods and his face takes on a serious mien.

"Big enough. We won't waste any time, then. C'mon, Sylvain, get that nag of yours over here and lets get moving."


• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: n/a
Effects/Conditions: n/a

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top