[LPF] Unwanted Farmhands

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Short 1 Encounter stopover for 4 heroes en route Venza

DM: Perrinmiller
Judge: ??

Heroes:
Borric Hawkins (perrinmiller) - Human Fighter - in NPC status, not gaining XP/GP
Breninyr Hydref (Mowgli) - Aasimar Sensei/Cleric
Orlando Furioso (GlassEye) - Human Bard/Rogue
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Human Witch

[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 30 Aug 2013 & Ends 7 Oct 2013 (39 Days) DMC=2.73
Breninyr starts at 148,852XP: Ends at 169,331XP
Fury stats at 107,475XP: Ends at 122,533XP
Sylvain starts at 63,213XP: Ends at 74,785XP

Enc1: 6400XP each
[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Enc1: 4 Greatclubs (40gp), 2 potions of cure serious wounds (1500gp), +2 dragonhide breastplate (5400gp), +1 greatclub (2610gp), amulet of natural armor +1 (2000gp), belt of giant strength +2(4000gp), cloak of resistance +1(1000gp), 830gp = 17,380gp = 4345gp Each

[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards][URL=http://s956.photobucket.com/user/perrinmiller/media/Living%20Pathfinder/LPFUnwantedFarmhandsFinal_zps3880d20a.jpg.html][/URL]

Breninyr earns 20,479XP, Ends at 169,331XP; Earns 11,287GP
Fury earns 15,058XP, Ends at 122,533XP; Earns 9,961GP
Sylvain earns 11,572XP, Ends at 74,785XP; Earns 8,014GP
[/Sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ on-line dice rollers for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Please use the exact BBCode link Invis Castle provides. This requires an Account at Invis Castle to add. I want to see what the roll is for and the target designated (ie. "Bite vs. Orc 4") in the description block that is provided when you are logged in. Including the modifiers that make the bonuses different than normal can also be included. This example would be ideal: Spiked Chain vs. Orc 4 (Kn Dev & -2/+4 PA) (1d20+11=12, 2d4+10=14)
I would appreciate not having to take any extra time to click any links during my updates.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level, generally you may do so immediately once combat is finished. Subject to DM approval if the timing is okay. Regardless the date of actual leveling will not change even if use of the new level is delayed in IC action.

* Leveling up mid-campaign: This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.

* Game Mechanics should be placed in a sblock, leaving only IC content/narration & a character avatar in the meat of a post.

* Do not quote another person's IC content in your post narration.

* Tactical Grids will be using Ditzie, the players will be updating their movements themselves in combat and posting up the new URLs. Whenever you post IC, include the latest map even if your character did not move. This way everyone knows you are done with it. There is no limit to the number times we can update the map. Instead of editing a map link (unless you are the last post), please post a new link if you update again.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric and Sylvain parted ways with Zelena, the little cleric returning to her homelands, a week after leaving Gist. The journey on the river uneventful and boring as they rode aboard ship after selling off the mounts. No Halflings assaulted them. No river monsters tried to eat them. Leaving the river behind, the duo had purchased new mounts and were making the overland trek through the Landadel Baronies towards Venza.

To occupy their time, Borric and Syl spent many hours discussing potential ventures they could look into before trying to brave the portal to the other plane again. One can only discuss whoring in Venza so much before it becomes counter-productive while still a few days travel away.

One of the reasons they went overland was to listen for rumors that would offer opportunity. As it happens, they hear tell of some farmsteads getting terrorized near a village a few leagues down the road. Spurring their mounts into a canter, they hustled along.

Arriving at the village's town square, they pulled up short on the reins and immediately see a familiar face. It is Orlando Furioso, aka Fury. There is another man with them that they do not recognize.

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
"Well, look what the cat dragged in, Borric. Long time no see, Mr. Fury! How's life been? Better than mine, I'm sure, trying to keep up with this guy," he motions, pointing at the heavily armored fighter beside him. "Fine, Waltor. Fury, Waltor says hello. Apparently, I'm being rude again," Syl grumbles, as his tiny centipede appears on his shoulder out of the folds of his robe.

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
  • (4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric reins in his horse beside Syl and remarks, "Aye, tis Fury."

"Oy, mate! What brings you out this way?"
He calls out.

The fighter walks his horse closer and then swings a leg over the rump to dismount with a clang of platemail. Since they last saw each other, the brash fighter no longer is wearing that hideous black platemail with skulls decorating it. His armor is a gleaming bronze and his shield is of fine darkwood. He still has his trust flail, mageslayer on his belt though.

Borric holds out his gauntlet-covered hand to clasp forearms. "Who's your traveling companion?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Orlando is struck speechless at running into a couple of old friends but he recovers quickly rattling off a string of curses Borric and Sylvain last heard standing outside a guardhouse in Planks, curses Borric taught Fury. This time, however, they are spoken with a good-natured pleasure at this chance meeting of friends. The rogue grins, nods a greeting to Sylvain, winks at Waltor, and clasps arms with Borric.

"You two are the last ones I expected to find out here in the country. It's good to see you both. Is Zelena with you?" He stands back and looks both of his friends over. "Sylvain, my friend, you look... dangerous. I'm not sure I want to know what sort of tricks you've picked up since we last traveled together.

And Borric!"
The rogue flicks Borric's chestplate with one fingertip. "Shining bronze! It's a good look for you. No white cloak strapped to your back, yet?"

Fury seems to just now realize that he hasn't made introductions all round.

"Oh, yes. This is Bren. Solid fellow from down Irthos way who kept me alive when things got a little rough in the Seithrs. Bren, these are some old friends of mine: Borric, Sylvain, and the indomitable Waltor. Couldn't ask for better companions."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: n/a
Effects/Conditions: n/a

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Golden skin now turning a coppery shade, Bren gives an embarrassed half-smile and waves away Fury's praise. "Truly, 'twas Fury and Cythera kept me alive, and helped me solve a mystery and take care of a . . . um . . . problem . . . for my superiors. Anyway, any friend of Fury's is a friend of mine! Guess you guys can call me Bren."
[/section]
AC: 21 (21 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

After the introductions, Borric grins and shakes his head, "Ha, no fookin' White Cloak am I!"

"They would not let me hang out in brothels all the time when off duty. Besides, I am apt to bash the law breakers in the head instead of arresting them."

He had not met Cythera, whoever that is. The name alone reminds him of some exotic dancer in Venza that was high priced when it can to giving good... He shakes his head to clear his mind of the talents of high priced whores and returns to the matter at hand.

"We are on our way to Venza. Zelena decided to strike off for home to tend to local matters for awhile. She promised to look us up if she ever returns to the City of Glass."

"Syl and I have been discussing a new venture, but it is one that will require some specialized magical gear and probably flying mounts. In the mean time, we need to find some new questing to acquire lots more gold before such an risky endeavor."

Borric is clearly excited about the prospect.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock][Sblock=New Map]Try messing around with this map. <Shift> will re-size a picture. Double-click opens up other options. When done, hit <Enter> key and it generates a new URL. Post the link for the next person.[/Sblock]Map of Village Square

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Thought I'd give Syl a chance to respond as well, but played (just a little) with the map. I've used Ditzie before and like it - I just moved Bren next to Borric as he'd approached to shake the man's hand.

Updated Ditzie[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Nah, I'm not dangerous, Fury. My job is to keep the MageSlayer standing upright. He usually takes it from there,"Syl laughs still enjoying Borric's nickname, even after all this time.

"Nice to meet you, Bren. A friend of Fury's is a friend of mine, that's for sure."

OOC [sblock]Soory for the short post, but I've been sick in bed all day. Hopefully I'll be back feeling better tomorrow![/sblock]

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
  • (4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

Remove ads