[LPF] Unwanted Farmhands

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury idly fingers the cut on his cheek that remains after healing and nods his thanks to Breninyr.

"You'll have to give my thanks to your gods." He grins. "I don't think they'd listen much to someone like me. You have my thanks, too."

After the dirty work with the giants is done Fury looks at himself and shakes his head at the bloodstains on his clothing. He mutters something with the sound of the arcane to it and begins making brushing motions over his clothes and the items taken from the giants. As he does so the blood and dirt flakes off onto the ground leaving his skin and apparel clean and smelling faintly of lavender. Fury looks slightly embarrassed.

"Never have figured out how to do that without the lavender smell. I blame Zelena; she's the one taught me how to do that."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 87
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: rapier & dagger
Effects/Conditions: Bless, Freedom of Movement, Feather Step, Bull's Strength

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Syl also casts Detect Magic and starts trying to help identify the magical items.

Spellcraft Leader's Club 1d20+19=21

Spellcrafter Leaders' Breastplate 1d20+19=34

Spellcraft amulet

1d20+19=28

Spellcraft belt 1d20+19=22

Spellcraft Cloak 1d20+19=31

Spellcraft pouch & vials 1d20+19=27

Spellcraft gems (if magical) 1d20+19=22

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing
Spells: Arcane
(0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
(1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen^, Shocking Grasp;
(2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
(3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
(4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23)^, Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
(5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21
Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric, Evil Eye on Giant 1, Slumber Hex used on the big guy, Misfortune used on big guy.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric watches Bren get rid of the little bruise he had left from the fray and smiles, "Good show, mate. Thanks and tell the gods I said hello."

He stands back to let Syl and Bren examine the gear of the giants with their magical skills. He glances over at Fury and catches wind of him smelling like flowers and chuckles at the rogue discomfiture, "Awww, ya know you like smelling like a poofda, mate. Sorta suits you. Ha ha. All the ladies in the brothels will love you."

Borric is not sure which would be better; smelling like lavender or horse. Right now, the brash fighter probably smells a lot like horse and cannot tell.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear) +2 Heroism
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SV/Skill - Morale)

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Galloway Farmstead: 3:08pm ~

Farmer1_zpsb944fdfd.jpg

Old man Galloway watches you take care of pilfering the giants without saying anything.

Most of the items in the giant leader's possession are enchanted, but the gems are not. He had two healing potions, a belt that increased his strength, the cloak help him to resist spells and such, the amulet increased protection, and the greatclub and dragonhide armor are enchanted.

[sblock=Treasure Revealed]2 potions of cure serious wounds (1500gp)
+2 dragonhide breastplate (5400gp)
+1 greatclub (2610gp)
amulet of natural armor +1 (2000gp)
belt of giant strength +2(4000gp)
cloak of resistance +1(1000gp)
830gp in coins and gems (non-magical)[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Stats:
Code:
Borric:   103/103 HP remaining; 
Syl:       74/74 HP remaining; 
Walter:    37/37 HP remaining
Fury:      87/88 HP remaining; 
Bren:      74/74 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: Syl: (Heroism, Confusion, Evil Omen) 
            Bren: (Spiritual Hammer, Freedom of Movement, Bless, Searing Light,
                  Bull's strength, Spiritual Ally, Murderous Command) 
            Fury: Feather Step
Abilities Used: Fortune (Borric), Channel Energyx4(Bren)
Conditions in effect: Heroism (Borric), Freedom of Movement(Fury), Fortune (Borric)
                      Feather Step (Fury), Bless (All), Bull's Strength (Fury)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury looks over the things they've taken from the dead giants and runs his fingers over the dragonhide armor. He laughs good-naturedly at Borric's jokes.

"Yeah, the ladies don't seem to mind it at all. And when some stupid Planks-dancer thinks he can bully a poofda then I get to teach him a lesson and dump him in the canal." He has a broad smile plastered across his face as he nods agreement with Borric's assessment. "So you're right. I do like it. I could do the same for you. Maybe if I concentrate real hard I could make you smell like roses and you could pass yourself off as some sweet-talking, noble scion from Roses."

• Orlando Furioso •

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric looks appalled at the notion, "Roses!? Hell no. If you are going to go through the trouble, definitely something more manly than that. No flowers. Sheet, I am not a sensitive type of guy, mate."

"What about cinnamon scented apple pie? Then the broads will want to bite me... yeah, they can eat me. Heh, heh."

Seeing as the giant leader's armor is on the big lout and requires some effort to remove, he gets serious, "Enough of that for now, I am about to get dirty anyway. I'll lift up the dead bastard and your guys unfasten his breastplate. We are taking it with us."

"Ready? UNGGHHH!"

Borric lifts the dead weight for the others to remove the armor. Then, he begins packing their spoils into the horse's saddle bags.

Initiative:
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear) +2 Heroism
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SV/Skill - Morale)

GM: I am working up the numbers, and actually putting the end date down is easy to adjust for. So we can keep up this banter as long as you guys want. We have a few days at least before our next one is ready.

Gerald007

First Post
Syl only just heard the others' banter, as he was deeply involved in analyzing the properties of the various items. "Well, nothing I particularly want. Doesn't shock me as most giants aren't known for being spellcasters. We can sell what we don't want and I'll just take a share of the gold. Waltor needs plump crickets, you know."

He nods as they talk about Borric's particular scent. "Any scent you can conjure up would be great, Fury. Couldn't be worse than his natural scent after riding a horse for several days. It'd have to be an improvement."

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing
Spells: Arcane
(0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
(1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen^, Shocking Grasp;
(2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
(3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
(4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23)^, Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
(5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21
Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric, Evil Eye on Giant 1, Slumber Hex used on the big guy, Misfortune used on big guy.

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

"Well," says Fury in response to Sylvain, "The scent is a side effect of the cleaning spell. I don't know if I could conjure up any scent, it just sorta happens."

He reaches over and makes a brushing motion over Borric's armor then sniffs cautiously at the air. A broad grin stretches across his face.

"Do you smell that?! Do you? Apples. And cinnamon. Hmm. I wonder what other smells I could make. Zelena said I could do all sorts of things with this spell if I only used my imagination but I have to say, I'm a more practical kind of guy. I wonder if I could conjure a cricket?"

He shrugs dismissing the idea to be thought over later and looks around the barn yard. Seemingly satisfied that they've done all that can be done here with the exception of dragging away the bodies he turns and saunters over to where the farmer Galloway is standing and watching.

"That's it for those giants. You'll probably have to get a team in here to drag those bodies off somewhere but I'm sure you'd know the practical stuff better than me. Doesn't look like the damage to your barn is too serious. It's unfortunate about the cows but I think we could help you out a little in that regard."

• Orlando Furioso •

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Bren smiles indulgently at his friend's banter with the earthy warrior. When he conjures up the smell of cinnamon apples, the priest whistles in appreciation and says with a wink at Borric, "Nice one, Fury! A definite improvement! The ladies at the brothel will be eating him up in no time."

He looks around at the field of battle and gives a satisfied nod. "Yep, it looks like we've done about all we can here."
[/section]

AC: 21 (18 Flat-Footed, 21 Touch)
HP: 53/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (09/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (07/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric glances a Syl and retorts with a grin, "You should not talk, mate. You smell as much like horse as I do. But now you also smell like cow offal too. Fury you should probably fix him up as well."

At Bren quip, the brash fighter grins even bigger after he smells the apple cinnamon, "Oh yes, Bren! That is definitely the idea. I would enjoy them eating me. Ha ha."

"You will have to come with Syl and I when we get to Venza. Now, we can afford the high classed call girls in that underground place in the Roses. The one the noble pukes pretend doesn't exist, yet they all slink in there anyway. Should be fun. Better than rolling in the hay of the barn at least."

Borric finishes packing up the giant leader's gear and comments about the items, "Yeah, unless you want that belt to enhance your strength there is not much great stuff here. Should be worth something back in Venza at least."

"Say, gramps. You can use that hide armor there on the other giants to compensate for the damages. It is not bad quality and you should be able to make some money off them and the wolf hides. Enough to pay for the cows, I should think."

Initiative:

OOC: Borric already has Amulet and a better cloak. Maybe the potions are worthwhile? Sorry, i really only worked up gear to make the giant tougher, not providing decent treasure.

Remove ads