[LPF] Unwanted Farmhands

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury nods in support of Borric's response to the farmer, Galloway.

"Don't think any of these brutes will be getting up any time soon. But just to make sure... And, hey, maybe I'll find a trophy or two. Maybe a wolf pelt, though unless we go back to the Seithr mountains I doubt I'll need a fur cloak."

The rogue wipes beads of sweat from his forehead and manages to unknowingly smear a splatter of blood from the giants across his forehead. Fury then moves stiffly, favoring the side battered by the giant's club, over to the heap of giant and wolf bodies and begins thrusting his rapier into any giant that looks to still be breathing and searching the bodies for anything that might have value. Looking up from his grim work he calls out to the farmer.

"You mighta mentioned they was giants and not some local hooligans causing trouble before you let us run in there."

Fury winks and grins letting the farmer know there are no hard feelings over the lapse.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 21
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: rapier & dagger
Effects/Conditions: Bless, Freedom of Movement, Feather Step, Bull's Strength

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
"You've the truth of it, Fury . . . knowing a bit more about what we were getting into would've been nice," Bren replies to his friend, then turns to the farmer. "But it's all good. These fellas could've caused a lot more damage than they did, had you not called us in to take care of them now. I am sorry for the loss of your cows, though."
[/section]

AC: 21 (18 Flat-Footed, 21 Touch)
HP: 53/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (09/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (07/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric looks around at the mess and shrugs as Fury starts putting the dying down for good.

"Somebody did say these fooks were big louts, ya know. If a hayseed did not know better..." He leaves the rest of that thought unspoken.

He stows his flail on his belt and starts looking over the belongings carried by the giants. Within close proximity to Fury, and out of earshot of the old farmer, he says in a low voice, "Yeah, I feel bad about the cows, but he can probably salvage some of the meat. However, we are not going to get any reward for this, so hopefully these brutes are carrying some decent possessions. If they have a few extra coins we can give a little compensation to the old geezer."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 99
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear) +2 Heroism
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SV/Skill - Morale)

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Yeah, sorry about the cows. That was unfortunate. There are some of them left in there though. Maybe we can find enough gold in those giant's belongings to reimburse you for them. And the hole in the barn, too."

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing
Spells: Arcane
(0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
(1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen^, Shocking Grasp;
(2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
(3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
(4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23)^, Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
(5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21
Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric, Evil Eye on Giant 1, Slumber Hex used on the big guy, Misfortune used on big guy.

[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury grins over at Borric then reaches out and thumps the fighter's breastplate so that it rings.

"Is that a heart I detect in there?" He laughs but nods agreement with the sentiment. "I agree. A farmer losing his stock like this is a serious setback. If there's anything here worthwhile I'd like to make sure he has enough to make repairs and replace the cows. Even if it comes out of my share."

He continues with his grisly task.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 21
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: rapier & dagger
Effects/Conditions: Bless, Freedom of Movement, Feather Step, Bull's Strength

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric has a wry expression, "Naw, I am still the same bastard... Okay, maybe the wee lass rubbed off on me a little. But I have started to develop a reputation as a larger than life hero. Literally, one of the mage types made me bigger."

"But when you start having thousands of gold coins in your pouch, a few given to a farmer whose place I helped trash is just a drop in the bucket, yeah?"

"Take a look at this giant's weapon. It is probably worth more than the gold to undo all the damage. And that assumes it is not enchanted. Speaking of which, someone should start checking for magical items on these louts."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 99
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear) +2 Heroism
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SV/Skill - Morale)

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Galloway Farmstead: 3:00pm ~

Fury finishes up dispatching the dying on the battlefield.

Farmer1_zpsb944fdfd.jpg

Old man Galloway still looks grateful, at least it appears to be the expression on his beard covered face, and nods,
"Aye, it could have been much worse, I reckon. Only few o' moy cows slaughtered early." He still hangs back with the two horses at the edge of the carnage taking peering looks at the slight damage to the barn. The big doors are slightly damaged from the cow smashing them open, but it will not take much to repair.

Gathering up all of the giants' gear will be a time consuming task as it will take all of Borric's strength to man-handle a dead giant corpse while others undo the thongs and fastenings to get the hide armor off.

So far Borric has collected the great clubs, the leader's being of exceptionally fine quality. The leader also was wearing a finely made breastplate of black dragonhide, an amulet with a large onyx gem inlaid in the center, a very finely made belt with "Gronig" stenciled on it, a finely made cloak that looks rather small on him, and a belt pouch with some potion vials in it. Another pouch contains several pounds worth of coins (gold, platinum, silver) and several rough cut gems in various sizes.

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Stats:
Code:
Borric:    99/103 HP remaining; 
Syl:       53/74 HP remaining; 
Walter:    37/37 HP remaining
Fury:      21/88 HP remaining; 
Bren:      53/74 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: Syl: (Heroism, Confusion, Evil Omen) 
            Bren: (Spiritual Hammer-2/8rounds, Freedom of Movement, Bless, Searing Light,
                  Bull's strength, Spiritual Ally-2/8 rounds, Murderous Command) 
            Fury: Feather Step
Abilities Used: Fortune (Borric), Channel Energyx1(Bren), Misfortune (G5)
Conditions in effect: Heroism (Borric), Freedom of Movement(Fury), Fortune (Borric)
                      Feather Step (Fury), Bless (All), Bull's Strength (Fury)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Bren gives a slight start at Borric's words. "I can take care of figuring out if any of this is magical, Borric. But first if you'll all gather 'round . . . now that we're sure all of the giants and wolves are dead, I'd like to say a brief prayer of thanks."

[sblock=OOC]Assuming everyone gathers - or really, even if any of them balk, so long as they're all within 30' - Bren prays for about 30 seconds.

Channel Energy (4d6=15, 4d6=15, 4d6=8, 4d6=17, 4d6=11) That'll get everyone back to full besides Fury, who's left with one HP of damage.[/sblock]

After he prays, Bren notices the small cut remaining on Fury's cheek and smiles. "Looks like the Gods have left you with a beauty mark, Fury."

Once that's done, the priest begins going through the giants' equipment - and anything else they find - using Detect Magic to find any magical loot.​
[/section]

AC: 21 (18 Flat-Footed, 21 Touch)
HP: 53/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (09/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (07/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

Remove ads