[LPF] Unwanted Farmhands

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury looks a bit sheepish as he makes a nonchalant motion with one hand.

"As for what we're doing in the country... Bren heard some rumors from one of his contacts or another that there was something going on out here that could use a pair of eyes to check it out. I'm not sure we're in the right place; my direction sense outside the city just isn't the same. Give me a maze of alleys and canals and I'm just fine. Hedgerows and dirt roads and I get turned around."

Fury looks askance at Borric and Sylvain.

"So, if you don't have any reason to be back in Venza immediately I'd love to catch up with the two of you while we poke around a bit. What do you say?"

[sblock=OOC]Gerald, hope you're feeling better![/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand: n/a
Effects/Conditions: n/a

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric clicks his tongue and has his own sheepish grin, "Well, funny that you should say such a thing. Upon seeing a friendly face from the past in such an unlikely place, I was momentarily distracted."

"In fact we were just racing to this very village because some traveler heading in the opposite direction told us there was a farmstead that was being terrorized and it was beyond the local constable's ability to handle it. So, I says 'it probably ain't beyond my fookin' abilities.'"

"Next thing we know, the traveler had all but dared me to prove and here we are."

Gesturing to one of the locals, he continues, "We should probably ask gramps over there."

With the reins of his horse clasped in his shield hand, he leads the mount towards the older looking villager.

"Oy, there. We have heard about someone needing a hand with some troubles on a local farmstead."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]Updated Map

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Bren nods at the fighting man's words. "Yes, that sounds like the matter I'd been sent to look into. It seems that once more fate has provided me with help. I wonder if this means the matter would've been more that the two of us could manage on our own, Fury?"
[/section]
AC: 21 (21 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Villager1_zps7edc966a.jpg

The older man has graying hair and stubble on his face. He is dressed like a commoner of a little means, likely frugal but not dirt poor. He stops chewing on something, but only enough to spit out some dark saliva off to the side.

The grizzled looking villager squints an eye at Borric, not really that impressed with the shiny armor or the brash attitude. His stern eye takes in the rest of you as well.

His voice has that hoarse quality of years working outside and talking a lot.

"Ya reckon correct, sonny. Da farm up north had a milkmaid a runnin' thru har not too long 'go. Sounded like ol' Galloway got heself sum new farmhands dat ain't gonna work out no good. Dey musta been sum big brutes da way lil' Sally was carryin' on."

"But ya ken, younguns. Dey always be exaggeratin' things. But iffen it be true, den Galloway prolly need sum help. He ain't naw spring chick ta be brawlin' with young bucks."

The man spits again, the dark glob being absorbed in the dust earth of the road.

Updated Map

Gerald007

First Post
"Sounds like a case of some thugs taking advantage of a poor farmer to me. We might not find any monetary riches in this gig, but who knows...perhaps there are some beautiful farmer's daughters what would be appreciative of being rescued," Syl grins devilishly, nodding to his erstwhile partner in crime. "Treasures come in many different varieties, you know."

"Well, no reason to tarry. Let's go figure out what is happening at the farm. That reminds me, a warrior, a Mage, and a cleric head to the farm..."

Sylvain statblock:
[sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)
Human Witch 9Initiative: +7 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 16 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Ref: +9 Will: +9 In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 17) Daze (DC 19), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 18) Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 19) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 21), Glitterdust (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 20) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20), Fireball (DC 20), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
  • (4th level - DC 21) Confusion (DC 23), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 22) Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24)

Hexes DC 21

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

"Well, then," begins Fury with a chuckle, "I dare say as we've all come poking about for the same reasons that it was fated; and I don't question fate."

The rogue follows Borric over to where the old-timer stands and listens as he tells his tale of excitable milkmaids and brutish farmhands.

"Can you give us directions to Galloway's farm? Sounds like Galloway's got a bit trouble, exaggeration or not. And is Sally around? I think we should maybe hear what she has to say. If you think there's time...?"

He looks to his companions, new and old, to see if they think they should track down the milkmaid for her story.

"Good one, Syl," he whispers to the witch.

• Orlando Furioso •

Updated Map

Bard Spells
Spells Known:
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Bren follows Fury over. After getting the gist of the story, he asks the oldtimer, "How big did the lass say they were, goodman? If she was exaggerating we'll soon find out, but if she wasn't it's best we know what we're getting into."
[/section]
AC: 21 (21 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +16 CMD: 28 (+18/30 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Restoration, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric grins, "You are missing the dashing rogue in that tale, Syl. And I am sure the story ends with someone tussling in the hay with barnyard animals. Or it is the one with pig sheet."

Still the brash fighter is not so easily distracted, "Yeah, we should head out there and offer assistance. Money is not everything and I don't expect a farmer to be able to afford the sort of rewards heroes like us are accustomed too. But, he might loan you the use of own of his farm animals for a night with you, Syl. Ol' bessy bound to be appreciative for saving her milk. Ha ha."

Then again Borric can focus on two things at once, climbing back on his mount while teasing the witch.

"If the person we on the way here is any indication, the farmer has been dealing with the miscreants for over a half hour, Fury. We met him about 10 minutes back and he was on foot. We have traveled much faster to get here."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Darkwood Shield(LH), MWk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Villager1_zps7edc966a.jpg

The older man appears to be pretty casual about the whole thing and shrugs. He spits another glob of saliva off to the side before answering your questions.

"Lil' Sally kept goin' yonder, prolly heading to find sumone ta fetch da constable from da next town over, I reckon. Dat was 'bouts an hour ago. Mayhap ya best head ta see Galloway. Gots ta be faster, ya ken. "

"She only said dey was big an' ugly. Bigger than da Jessop boy. Dat lad is 'bout a hand taller than yur shiny armored knight."

The man nods up at Borric now mounted once again, then spits to side. He jerks a thumb towards the north where a road leaves the center of the little hamlet.

"Iffen ya go dat way 'bouts a mile, ya shud find da Galloway place ta yur left. Not hard ta miss, account ya can see his barn from da road."

GM: The last thing with this scene is to really make sure everyone is comfortable using ditzie maps before we move on. Gerald007, I have not seen if you have played with it and moved your token around yet. Please move Syl and the horse next to Borric's horse and we can advance the scene.
Updated Map

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury nods and his face takes on a serious mien.

"Big enough. We won't waste any time, then. C'mon, Sylvain, get that nag of yours over here and lets get moving."

• Orlando Furioso •

Bard Spells
Spells Known: