• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPJDesign] OGL 3.5 logo created to replace D20 Logo for 3rd Party Publishers

Goblinoid Games

First Post
It's very nice. i just have one thought. Are you advertising the OGL or 3.5? I'd think that 3.5 should be bigger in the place where OGL is. Now that WoTC has abandoned the OGL, the OGL wll continue to be used for more diverse games, from Runequest to Traveller and onward. It just seems to me that continuing to try to associate OGL with meaning d20 compatible is going to be counterproductive in the future.

Just my 2 cents.

lmpjr007 said:
It is 100% open! You can use it ANY WAY YOU WANT TO! Simple and easy.
Awesome! I'll be sure to throw it on all the 4e products I make to confuse everyone. ;)

Just kidding, of course. There's been a lot of attempts at a new logo, but they either had to relation at all to any brand anyone knew or were attempts to solve a problem that didn't really exist. However, now that there is a need, I think this is a very good solution. Thank you.

tadk

Explorer
Thank you Loius
I grabbed that icon to put on my very infrequent gaming related ezine like affair, for the OGL oriented content.

HinterWelt

First Post
I am not trying to rain on this and I am not a lawyer, but doesn't this violate this part of the OGL?

OGL Section 7 said:
: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity.

Bill

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
There's no Product Identity in the logo...

Also, there's no claim to compatability with D&D or the d20 System, both of which are WotC trademarks, either.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads