Lycanthropes

CGoat

First Post
I would think the only armor that would survive would have the "wilding" aspect to it. Or a wilding clasp from forgotten realms.

Otherwise your going to ruin your armor... (but only if your changing size catagories from medium to large)

Magic armor shouldn't resize from large to meduim and back again. But it might resize from a dwarf size to human size.

So as long as you go to hybrid form and you don't change size... your armor is going to be ok. Now if you change into animal form... your armor is not going to fit simple as that. its going to either fall off your body in pieces or get destroyed in some other manner. Just buy the wilding upgrade for it. Or 4000gp for the wilding clasp.

Joachim Pieper

First Post
Sum up for me...

A weretiger character in human shape wears bracers of armour, and benefits normally. When that same character changes to hybrid form, does he still benefit from the bonus to his AC?

As an extra note, if lycanthrope characters continue to benefit from their equipment in hybrid and animal form, why would a lycanthrope charcter ever assume anything other than hybrid form? Is the mark of an over-powerful ability that you would always choose it?

I guess I'm looking for the checks and balances in playing a lycanthrope, as I can't see many...

Cheers...

Remove ads