[M&M2e] New Generation Legacy OOC

Mimic

First Post
I really like this game.

Perhaps too much.

Glad to hear it, I was worried that I was dragging it out too long. If anyone wants to throw in some advice it is more then welcome.

Suprised that Yoshi didn't ask for elaboration on the pipe comments. :D

The only couple of retorts that I could think of were not so grandma friendly, so I decided to stay clear.

Emmet is that guy... he is totally THAT guy.

He is the kid that gets beat up and school and you feel sorry for him but then you hand around him for a while and then realise why he gets beat up.

I am going to wait a day to see if we get a Cody post before moving along.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet is that guy... he is totally THAT guy.

Nah, Emmet wouldn't rat anyone out. He knows that it's only a matter of time until he does something flat-out illegal, so it's counterproductive to reveal other's more youthful indiscretions. Of course, the Ice Princess / Four Leaf would pretty much turn Emmet in anyway no matter what secrets of hers he kept.

Vanifae

First Post
Yeah he is more upset at Keller anyways now, at first he was sorry for being a jerk but she just seems mean spirited and that ticks him off.

Hammerhead

Explorer
I think it's more a matter of Nick being stupid than anything else; I mean, yeah, Keller's cynical and negative. On the other hand, stating that the glass is either half full or half empty are both true.

The reason that Nick doesn't like her seems simple enough. He classifies similar-aged females into two basic categories: girls he has a shot with, and girls he doesn't.

Oh, yeah; since Nick's Bluff is +2, and Emmet's Sense Motive is +2, so given the situation, Emmet's dislike of Nick, and the incongruities, I figured Emmet probably doesn't believe Nick. If, say, Trilly lied to him, he'd believe it. :)

Vanifae

First Post
I wouldn't say he is stupid as so much as he crazy optimistic he hasn't had anything bad happen to him, he figures the authorities are always looking out for him, and he hasn't had to struggle for anything in his life, emotionally or personally.

He looks at things in terms of sports either he can win or he can't and he is used to winning, so he assumes he can always win. Failure happens but it is only short term.

Edit: Excluding the Mall incident, and in his mind he won and the bad guys lost so yeah conflict but again nothing he couldn't personally overcome. Even the failure with Keller is now brushed over with the idea that she is just angry and mean spirited at all times. It's not his fault she hates him, she was born that way.

In his mind.

Double Edit: Obviously compared to Emmett he is dumb, but in Nick's mind he feels better thinking of things in the way Clover described then how Keller initially described it. Plus he didn't like the dictators and gods comment.

Last edited:

Emmet rolled his eyes. Given the previous comments and Nick's quick answer to his inquiry, the situation was obvious. "Miss Kim, why not direct your inquiries to the artificial intelligence program. That would be the ideal way to locate Trilly, Yoshi, and Jerry," he suggests. Are they actually skipping the first day? Unbelievable. I may as well hurry events on to their natural conclusion.

Wherever they are, I hope they are keeping a low profile with their abilities. It is only two days since the attack. Surely whoever assaulted us could not plan another kidnapping so quickly.

Man whata snitch! Guess who needs a thump on the ear from someone who can dead lift semis.

(Trilly goes off to find someone who can do that)

Victim

First Post
Double Edit: Obviously compared to Emmett he is dumb, but in Nick's mind he feels better thinking of things in the way Clover described then how Keller initially described it. Plus he didn't like the dictators and gods comment.

What's funny is that the dictators and gods comment might be the most accurate. There's already Pantheon in the setting which takes the 'superheroes as gods and monsters of a modern myth' idea very literally.

And I can't find a thread about a realistic modern emergence of powerful supers which doesn't have people who expect them to take over, possibly because of a paniced and heavy handed government reaction. Granted, I think that opinion says more about the people holding it than the situation.

Remove ads