[M&M3] Astonishing Tales of Centropolis Vol. #3, Issue 1 ‘This Island Apocalypse’

hero4hire

Explorer
GM: Hmm I am not 100% sure even after re-reading both BUT ok, and in that case Rumble gets +1 Hero Point as Herculan re-rolls his Fort save, Fort save re-roll (if 1-10, +10 to result): 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23, made it. He is no longer suffering any affect
Ooc: It is a Will save So I believe he rolled a 21. Still saves! Since that makes my intended turn moot I am going to redo my actions.
An interesting thing is it is Insidious. Herculan didn't even know he was effected. As a player we wouldn't have known we had penalties.

hero4hire

Explorer
Sizing his opponent, Rumble sensed that Herculan subtly shifted into a more disciplined pattern to his movements so he again tried to gauge the alien's "rhythm".
He then sprung up from the ground and into the villain's sternum.
Ooc:
Standard: Use Affliction again on Herculan. Will DC 19.
Move: Jump into Close range
Extra Effort: Attack Herc.
Redo action. Extra effort attack.: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
DMG DC 23 (28 if Defenseless)

Last edited:

Princess Starlight
HP: 2; Condition: normal

The Princess sings out "Aurora Aura" and sixty feet around her are bathed in bright light. "Worthy? Don't be elitist. It's a petty personality trait."

GreenKarl

First Post
Ooc: It is a Will save So I believe he rolled a 21. Still saves! Since that makes my intended turn moot I am going to redo my actions.
An interesting thing is it is Insidious. Herculan didn't even know he was effected. As a player we wouldn't have known we had penalties.

GM: Yes sorry, my reading comprehend seems to be off of late. Anyway change is fine. Hmm sure he would not know as it is Insidious, but just like you if I used a similar thing against any of you, you kind of would ;). Its a bit of meta-gaming on everyone. BUT let me think about it some more for "the future"...

hero4hire

Explorer
Ooc: all good. I am fine with GM Fiat: I want *this* fight to be more challenging. Not every fight. But the fiat is built in to make stuff challenging and reward players for it.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Shadow
Apocalypse Island
Saturday, February 11, 2017/Night
Round 3

After disarming one of the alien Leeks, the alien slashes ineffectually at Shadow with a sabre. Shadow, dodges, but then his darkness is ripped away by Princess Starlight. Shadow blinked hazily in the sudden brightness before kicking out at the Leek’s head.

OOC: How big is the chamber?

[sblock=Character Tracker]
Alien rifle: +6 damage (Multi-Attack) and use your Ranged Attack bonus to hit
Shadow Character Sheet
Action: Unarmed attack: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
Damage DC 20
Move:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions: Favored Terrain +2 to attacks or active defenses in darkness (Attacks)
Regeneration: 0/5r
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: The tunnel is about 20ft wide and 15ft high at its highest and widest. You have to get 60+ feet at least to see down either end to the other as there is a slight curve in the tunnel between the door and the monorail car. Was sort of waiting for [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] would post before moving forward but I will update later today if not

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune thought for a second about this new wrinkle. The Baron had learned a new trick. She wouldn't be able to soften him up by pelting him from hiding! But then again...

He isn't doing his side much good either. Maybe I can't affect him when he's like that, but he doesn't seem able to do much either. Maybe instead focus on the other ones...if he can't find me, he won't feel safe enough to help out until it's too late!

Keeping out of sight of the Baron, Kitsune sent another blast of concentrated laser-focused light out...but this time targeting the Leek that Shadow was fighting!

[roll0] to atk for base DC 24 (multifire)
(Oh damn, that's a biiiig DC on a crit, lol...)

GreenKarl

First Post
The Shadow struck a solid blow against the still blinded alien but its insect like carapaces seemed to absorb the blow! Silver Streak moved away from the four armed alien to blast its companions knocking five of the creatures down with his ball lightning attack. Rumble grumbled in frustration but quickly regained his advanced verses the flier and then with an extra burst of heroic speed lept up to land a staggering blow against him. The armored man cursed in some alien tongue when Princess Starlight lite up the tunnel with his light powers! Kinsue then blasted the four armed alien that barely remained on its feet after being struck with multiple laser bolts.

The flying man had had enough of Rumble and shouted “That one Prestige, if you want to prove your worth to the great Doctor!” and then flow off towards the entrance of the tunnel yelling some alien commands into his radio. Baron Havok growled in frustration at not being able to spot his foe. His form seemed to come into focus as he shouted “IF you will not face me, I will make your friends suffer the pain I own you!!!” He then unleashed a purplish gout of energy from his fingers that struck Princess Starlight full force! The four armed alien was still suffering from Kitsune’s attack and only ran up onto the ceiling of the tunnel, clinging to the walls like a bug and then ran towards Princess Starlight. The Chinese man launched a powerful roundup at Rumble that cracked into the tunnel wall close by, leaving an impressive dent in the wall. The man’s cocky smile never faltering even with his failure. The last three of the aliens blasted at Silver Streak with better results as a one of lasers hit the speedster and the other two barely missing! As this was happening the sounds of massive tunnel door opening echoed down the tunnel…

GM: Initiative
24 - the Shadow
22 - Silver Streak
21 - Rumble
19 – Herculan, Baron Havok, Super Leek and the Prestige
13 and 8 - the Leek (insect man)
11 - Princess Starlight and Kinsue[sblock=Rolls & Results]The Shadow’s attack goes before Princess Starlight’s light dispels his darkness so the Leek is still Disabled (-5 active defenses). So the Shadow hit, and I think your Super-Strength is still in affect so DC 24 for Toughness save: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25, but he still made it holy-cow!!!
Silver Streak Area Affect vs. Leeks; first they get a Dodge save DC 16: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24; 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16; 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13; 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7; 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25; 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22; 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18; 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16, six make it two fail; so the six that made it need DC 18 Toughness saves and the two that failed need 21. Just to make it easier the first six rolls are for those that made their Dodge check, etc. Toughness saves : 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22; 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15; 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21; 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8; 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17; 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10; 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27; 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15, so three made their saves and five failed and are knocked out.
Rumble uses his Affliction power on Herculan, Will save vs. DC 19: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10, failed by two degrees. So Toughness save : 1D20 = [13] = 13, failed by 3 degrees he is Staggered (-1 Toughness and can only take a Move or Standard action a round).
Princess Starlight creates bright light throughout the tunnel.
Kitsune attack Super Leek and hits him with a critical and two degrees over so this increase her damage DC to 31! Super leek Toughness save: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23, failed by two Degrees so he is Dazed and -2 Toughness now (I forgot he was -1 Toughness from last round but a 22 is still only failed by 2 degrees).

Herculan is Staggered so he using his one action as movement to fly towards the door shouting for it to be opened. Also Save vs. affection : 1D20 = [10] = 10, nope did not improved. Still suffering from the worst affects.
Baron Havok becomes corporal and uses his Magical Blast vs. Princess Starlight Ranged attack, +11 damage if he hits: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25, hit! Princess Starlight needs a Toughness save DC 26
Super Leek can’t really do anything so he runs up the top of the tunnels ceiling towards Princess Starlight.
Prestige moves to attack Rumble, he is going to power attack (-2 to hit, +2 to damage) Close attack, damage +11 if successful (DC 26): 1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18, missed
The Leek Aliens shot at Silver Streak with their rifles Ranged damage +6 (multi-attack) if it hits: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21; 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20; 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22, wow one hit (almost hit with all three), no extra degrees of success. Silver Streak needs to make a Toughness saves DC 21.
The last Leek is no longer blind and attacks the Shadow with its saber Close attack, Damage +7 if it hits: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11, miss.[/sblock]Actions and Rolls for the next round? Silver Streak and the Princess need Toughness saves.
Also I don’t think Silver Streak make his roll to hold the big doors closed… if he does and makes the roll the door does not open any further. Otherwise it open this round and whoever is on the other side comes out.

Remove ads