• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

\m/ The Metal \m/

Asmor

First Post
3 Inches of Blood is my favorite metal at the moment... They have a very consistent quality, and I've yet to find a song of theirs I don't like. Only issue, if you can call it that, is the consistency itself... They lack variety, but as long as you're looking for some crazy good metal, you'll never fail with 3IOB.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Il84l6zg5o]YouTube - 3 inches of blood destroy the orcs[/ame]

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure this is also required now:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=vJ3emd3phLY]YouTube - Tenacious D - The Metal Lyrics[/ame]

My current RPG metal playlist includes:
- Battlelore
- Crow's Claw
- Demetori

All-time favorites:
- Blind Guardian
- Nightwish

Honorable mentions:
- In Extremo
- Running Wild

Marx420

First Post
ROFL at ppaladin post! I was hoping someone would post some of the Jack Black when I named the thread, because I know not how to post vids :blush:.

Asmor- Just like you state in your post my cursorary first listen to 3 inches of blood finds them really freakin' solid.

peraion- My buddy has been bugging me to get some more nightwish and other symphonic acts, I'll probably have to oblige him tonight.

Janx- My old man likes Manowar, I'll have to raid collection

I'll go out on the hunt for more of your guys' suggestions later when I have more time, and see if I can't find some interesting stuff myself. Thanks for replies

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Eh. As it is supposed to be background music we usually use soundtracks. Though I --rarely -- still listen to Metalica in my free time.

Moogleproof

First Post
ppaladin beat me to it :) the song immediately started playing in my head when I saw the topic.

I'd also like to mention that if I heard someone over here describing metal music as a guilty pleasure, I'd be speechless, since metal is easily one of the most popular forms of music here.

pawsplay

Hero
Alrighty, when I'm playing D&D with my musician group the only allowable sound is the sonic warfare known as metal (in other groups with female members and their more refined tastes I usually put on the internet radio station Radio Rivendell which is freakin' sweet for fantasy jams).

What, females can't like metal?

Remove ads