M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
South of town farmland and grazing land stretches several miles, broken by clusters of trees. Beyond this begins thick swamps and jungle, where dangerous creatures roam, and the ruins of a lost civilization rest.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo hesitate, but finally decide to come back to the Inn. He makes sure no one see him entering his own room under the disguise of the half-orc,a nd if possible, the Inn at all. once inside his room he remove his hat, recovering his appearance.

Rinaldo starts to whispers to the people there "They have left by the south road. There is no woods, only some small clusters of trees. I am not familiar with hunting, but I doubt they would have place traps in those clusters. I don't knows where they wanted to go, as there is only a few farms, swamps, jungles and ruins in the south. I've prefered not to follow them further alone. They doesn't seem to have spotted me, so I think they hadn't tried to mislead me...

So it seems our presence haven't pass unoticed. We will have to watch that too. Our little scenario might fool most of the locals, but we have to presume some knows about the whole group. Tenebrynn, if you don't want to stay alone tomorrow, I would understand, at least, I would be more easy with it...

And for those trap, I start to not like them. I might have an idea to force them. You want to give a try, you all prefer to wait tomorrow with a possible more subtle way given by Tenebrynn and his arcane art?"

OOC: Want I want to do, is force with my immovable rod. I immobilize over the trap, and then push the extension button so it extend throught the trap... I have no idea how it might work, so think aout it in case we try... I can't believe I find a use of those two magic item in each adventure :p Immovable rod, a most!

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik speaks with Rinaldo:
[smallcaps]These trapdoors, where are they in the room? I hadnt seen one yet; I cant believe I overlooked them. Mebbe I can take a look at em? I tend to have a way with locked doors...[/smallcaps] Mordik grins.

jkason

First Post
OOC: I'm getting ready to head out of town for a few days for a wedding. I should have internet access, but don't know what kind of free time I'll have to post. I'll be back in town Sunday night. In the meanwhile, feel free to NPC Eanos if he's holding up the story.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo moves the carpet aside, and show the trap door that have been revealed by Tenebrynn. "It is locked from the other side, so if you can pass through wood, you might solve our problem. And I don't want to tell that you don't know your way with locks, but I am pretty confident I know more than you about it. You know the saying 'It takes a thief to catch a thief', so I learned most of the tricks of the thieves, thanks to my cousin. Ashnar and Tenebrynn will confirm it, I am pretty sure. I impress even myself.

But where skills can't open the way, brute strenght might. The rod I own might have enough force to break through the wood. If I can spot where the lock is, I might break the lock at the same time. It is a wild guess, as I've never done it before, but could worth the try."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hmm, I can help out with the brute strength part if necessary, but I think we should try all other options first. Actually that reminds me, I might be able to summon a servant that could open a barred door, though not a locked one. I think I may need to see the other side of the door first however, though a small hole would be enough." replies Tenebrynn thinking of his Unseen Servant.

NakuruSai

First Post
OOC: Looking at the trapdoor, is there anyway to possibly destroy the hinges or get to any part of the lock which may be of some use? My Open Lock is +7, My masterwork thieves tools give me +2 to that as well, for a total of +9 if you need to know that.

[smallcaps]Lemme get a better look.[/smallcaps] Mordik grumbles. He pushes closer to the door and eyes it for a moment.

Manzanita

First Post
Commentary on acrobat rod:
[sblock] I reviewed KB's writeup on this rod. It isn't very specific on the power of its extending parts. When we received these, I wondered how the DM would eventually handle this aspect. I didn't think it would be me! (For the rest of you, my PC, Percy, has an identical rod garnered on this same adventure with Rinaldo.) I see this rod as a circus instrument. The extenders are more for show and tricks. I don't see the extenders as weapons or door-breakers. I'm going to rule Rinaldo can't bust a hole or a lock with it.[/sblock]

Rinaldo sets his rod and extends it. The lower part bumps into the sturdy door, but doesn't budge it. Mordik examines it and sees it opens downwards, with lock and hinges on the bottom, quite out of reach. It seems smashing it open is the only non-magical option.

Upon reflection, setting a bedleg on it wouldn't keep it from opening!

Velmont

First Post
OOC: First time I see the description made by KB... with it, I must tell I egrre with you. The extension seems more something made by a gnome engineer rather than a mage.

Remove ads