M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
"No. "Says Abraham. "The Viscount was my only guess. I've seen Oscar and Philmar playing cards with Wilfong, but as I recall he beat them and Oscar seemed pretty angry about it. I don't think they're on friendly terms."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"Of course, their little feud could be to dissuade people from connecting them," Eanos suggests, looking to Tenebrynn and remembering that their group had entertained a similar plan to obscure their own ties to each other.

Velmont

First Post
"I am curious. I would like to know a bit more about the heads of this town. What do you know about the Prince and Arness?" Rinaldo asks to Abraham and Balmorrow.

Manzanita

First Post
Abraham

"Well, we don't see much of the Prince. He's a recluse. Arness has been a good mayor in many ways. This town has grown, and she is business friendly. I would't put it past her to get involved in some dirty work, though, if it pays well. The Prince - who knows?"

Velmont

First Post
"Wilfong, Basmar, Oscar, Philmar and teh Viscount. It will be enough to do for tomorrow. What do we do exactly with them?"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Velmont said:
"Wilfong, Basmar, Oscar, Philmar and teh Viscount. It will be enough to do for tomorrow. What do we do exactly with them?"

"Well, Philmar and Oscar keep going off into the woods. I suppose we could use that as an opening, perhaps quiz them for our trapping business, see if we can't glean where in the woods they have their meetings?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Okay, you guys can follow that lead. I have an appointment with the Prince tomorrow. Should I approach the subject at all with him? Or is there a better way to find out if he knows anything about this assassin's guild sitting right under his nose?" replies Tenebrynn.

orsal

LEW Judge
jkason said:
"Well, Philmar and Oscar keep going off into the woods. I suppose we could use that as an opening, perhaps quiz them for our trapping business, see if we can't glean where in the woods they have their meetings?"

"That sounds like a good plan", says Nurlan. I'll stay in town. I don't want to miss my gig at the theater. But what about you, Mordik? I don't absolutely need your services, and if Rinaldo's group needs a little help do you want to join them?"

Manzanita

First Post
"If you want," says Abraham, "you could use the secret tunnels to get into Basmar's room, or the Oscar and Philmar's room while they're away."

"I'll try to stay on my regular schedule" says Balmorrow. "I guess you're off the hook, Martin. They didn't try to set you up."

Martin, who has followed the conversation closely, though silently, pipes in. "I'll have wolf come spend the night in your room, Abraham. He'll be a good guard dog for you. No one will be able to surprise you at night. If you need me, don't hesitate to call. Meanwhile, I'll return home. Nice to meet you everyone. I've got a good feeling about this. I think we're finally getting somewhere."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Manzanita said:
Martin, who has followed the conversation closely, though silently, pipes in. "I'll have wolf come spend the night in your room, Abraham. He'll be a good guard dog for you. No one will be able to surprise you at night. If you need me, don't hesitate to call. Meanwhile, I'll return home. Nice to meet you everyone. I've got a good feeling about this. I think we're finally getting somewhere."

"Wait," Eanos says at the mention of the guard dog. "There was a third clue we couldn't connect to anyone. Animal hair. We showed it to the Prince under other pretenses, and he identified it as ape hair, but what if ... Rinaldo, do you still have the hair?"

Remove ads