M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Velmont

First Post
"Balmorrow, I'm not sure it would be a good move. If Wilbur is in that, he might be in not by coice. I overheard a conversation, and he seems in need of money. Maybe he was offered some for the string, or maybe he is manipulated. In both case, I don't think he will gladly talk about that.

If we want Oscar and Philmar to talk, we have to make them think someone want to contact the guild and they heard about it. What we would need over all is to know how to contact them without bing suspicious. I don't know if someone can come here and talk to them simply like that or if there must be something to be done to contact them before hand. We could send them a new customer that would be a bit clumsy who had overheard one of there customers about a contract and decide to attempt to contact them. All we would need is the name of one of there customer, or at least one we suspect to be. The Viscount looks like a potential, at least, he fits well the profile of a contractor, rich and had some trouble lately, but his presence here make it hard to have one of his friend coming here without being uncovered. Abraham, havn't there be some other potential customers here in the lasts months?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
"The dark skinned man is the Viscount Causticus. He is a rich nobleman, displaced in some minor revolution in the south. "
Ashnar listens for the most part now, though at this point he speaks up "You wouldn't know any details, would you?"

Manzanita

First Post
Balmorrow shakes his head. "If Wilbur is involved in this, I need to know. I'm going to give him a talking to. I can't believe he's involved. He's a fine young man. Not a lot of sense, but he's got a good heart."

Abraham: "I know nothing more about this Viscount, really. He does seem to keep to himself, though he rides around a bit. He's got a very nice horse."

"We do get a number of wealthy, important men come to the inn. Or they seem that way. Most of them supposedly have business with the Prince. They're interested in his experiments or magical lore or whatnot. There were a couple here last month, now where were they from? Earling. Yes. Stanislaw Chernsky was one's name. Can't recall the other. Stanislaw was tall and fairly young. He had some older man with him, probably a wizard of some sort."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hm given that we believe that this assassin's guild would contract out at quite high rates, these important, weathly clients might be trying to contact the guild. This Viscount is here currently isn't he?" says Tenebrynn.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Hm given that we believe that this assassin's guild would contract out at quite high rates, these important, weathly clients might be trying to contact the guild. This Viscount is here currently isn't he?" says Tenebrynn.

You just saw the Viscount enter his room.

Erekose13

Explorer
Remembering the count's entry just now (doh!), he continues, "I wonder if the Viscount is here to contact the guild. Did he just arrive in town then? Perhaps someone could tail him for a bit and see what he is upto."

Velmont

First Post
"He arrived Tuesday if I remember well. If my assumption are right, and if the Viscount is one of the rich men who want to contact the guild, I think it is too late for us to tail him tonight. There is no garantee that he will meet his contacts tomorrow either. But it might worth the try."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan has mostly listened to everyone else exchanging notes. His friends have revealed everything he might have offered; so far he hasn't needed to let on that he was in town on the same mission as them. But after hashing over what's been said in his mind, he suddenly recalls something from two nights earlier.

"What about Wilfong, the card shark who was here the night we arrived? Do you know anything about him. He said he had come to meet an associate, but that this was his first time in town. Is that right? Have you ever seen him before? He seemed to know a lot about Three Rivers for someone who had never been here."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo looks ta Nurlan for a moment. "Wilfong. You might be right... I never cared much about him because I seem to find nothing about him, and his is quite a good card gamer, and that mean he can more easily hide his emotions. Gamers are often hard bargainer, as he won't show his weakness. But is he rich enough to pay for a contract with the Black Hand? Or maybe, he is a member. Or he might also be just what he pretend..." Rinaldo start to think about that.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well that gives us a few possible leads, Wilfong and the Viscount as well as Oscar and Philmar, Captain Basmar maybe as well. It was brought up that these potential customers come to town ostensibly to meet with the Prince. Could he too be involved? Balmorrow, Abraham, do you have any leads on possible customers currently in town besides the Viscount?" replies Tenebrynn.

Remove ads