M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik follows the others into the carriage.
[smallcaps]
So we're checkin out a murder eh? I have to say, not quite what I was expecting but I'll do my best.
[/smallcaps]

Mordik looks around the cab at the others reactions, when offered wine, he kindly thanks but doesnt take any.
[smallcaps]
No more drinking today - I'd rather keep my wits as sharp as I can.
[/smallcaps]

Erekose13

Explorer
Following up on the questions Rinaldo posed upon entering the carriage, Tenebrynn asks, "A few more questions as well, was there anything left behind by the criminal? A calling card of some sort that kind of thing? Or perhaps is any group claiming responsibility?"

Manzanita

First Post
jkason said:
[OOC: Sense Motive 20+10=30 This is my first time using that site. It's not always this generous, is it? :)

That is a rather good roll. Sadly, I'm going to nix it. Sense motive is one of those skills I have to roll for, so you don't know whether or not you've been fooled.

Sense motive results for PCs w/good stats.

Eanos: [sblock] You don't trust Vossinger in general, thinking he would lie if it served his interest. But you see nothing that's bothering him in particular as he tells his story.[/sblock]

Rinaldo: [sblock] You don't trust Vossinger in general, thinking he would lie if it served his interest. But you see nothing that's bothering him in particular as he tells his story.[/sblock]

orsal said:
"The King's brother. That sounds quite serious. Did he have known enemies? Or does the city have known enemies?"

"No." answers Vossinger. "The Duke was almost universally liked by his men and the populace. As for our city, we are a major trading port. Many merchants and kingdoms rely on us as a key part of their economy. It's possible some other city or state would want to take us down, but I don't really see which one. We do have problems with pirates and sahaugins on our shores. The Duke has successfully fought against both of these threats, many times. Either of these might somehow be involved. But the killing seems so professional. Either an inside job, or magically assisted. I wouldn't think the pirates or sahaugins would be able to pull it off.

"As for the crime scene & what was found there, I don't know. I was dispatched immediately to get help. I haven't been there myself. But we are going to the scene now, and all your questions about that will hopefully be answered."

Knight Otu

First Post
(A +7 Sense Motive isn't good enough? :p Well, if it isn't, no problem.)

"Sahuagin... One of our comrades made a strange observation that may have a relation that should be put under investigation if circumstances indicate a correlation between the events."
Ashnar conciously aims to make his sentence hard to follow, but hopes that Tenebrynn, Nurlan or Rinaldo catch his reference to Somac seeing a man at the beach.
"But this is not the proper time yet. Have there been any strange events in the proximity of, or possibly related to, Duke Antoine Jara?"

jkason

First Post
Manzanita said:
That is a rather good roll. Sadly, I'm going to nix it. Sense motive is one of those skills I have to roll for, so you don't know whether or not you've been fooled.

[OOC: It's hard not to let it influence play if the player can actually see the roll result on those sorts of checks, so it's perfectly understandable for it to be secret. I'll just request the check in future rather than roll it. Thanks.]

Eanos perks at Tenebrynn's mention of calling cards, and drops his reverie to pose his own question.

"You mentioned the stolen heart as it affected resurrection, but perhaps the theft had another goal. Are there any local religions which attach special power or other significance to the heart? Or religious or mystical groups known to focus on animal sacrifice in their methodology?"

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Sahuagin? Isn't that the name of the fishmen we met on the beach?" Rinaldo ask, looking at Ashnar. He turns back to Vossinger "Does Monemvassia have problems with those creature?"

Murder... first investigation. I'm playing the city official now... but why asks some outsiders for that problem? Ok, I need answers... Who have done it? Why he has done it? How he has done it? Why Monemvassia need us to do the job... Vssinger will not answer any of those, I'll have to try another way to have them... and my eyes hurt. Never thought a flying cauldron could hurt that much...

Manzanita

First Post
"I say, Rinaldo, is it? What on earth happened to your eye?" asks Vossinger.

"As for Sahaugins, I'm not a military man. They are a menace in the waters off our shores, but a managable one. I know of no unusual circumstances with regard to the Duke before his death. Nor of any significance to removed hearts.

Sorry for not rolling for Ashnar. I didn't actually check everyone's sheet for skill ranks. I didn't expect a wizard to be good at this. But just remind me if I overlook you!

Ashnar sense motive: [sblock]You don't trust Vossinger in general, thinking he would lie if it served his interest. But you see nothing that's bothering him in particular as he tells his story[/sblock]

I'll skip on to the arrival here soon.

Velmont

First Post
"My eye? It's a long story..." He remove his hats, and the illsuion dissapear, revealing again the bruise on his eye. "Well, we have some time until we reach our destination, so I'll tell it, but I'll try to be brief. As Ashnar and Tenebrynn know well, I'm not at my first contract. Just lately, we took down the goblins and some undead in a moathouse and fought some Sahuagin on a beach... you might have heard about it, it was near Movenmassia. Lately, I've participated to the capture of a highwayman. It is the Raod Warden of Orussus who ask his capture, and being a merchant, I prefer to be able to travel safely, so I join the group who take the offer. We were 8 against around 30 bandits. With the help of some arcane, I sneak inside, help the group to enter the camp, I down the two lieutnant in one trust and ask the chief to surrender. He did so. We came back with a lot of prisonner, and for myself, I didn't had a single scratch.

With the reward, I found a shop to place my business. It need some renovation, but the room over and in good condition, so I ask my wife to move there. This morning, my wife and I have gone to the market, leaving the responsability of the kids to my cousin, who is in the city actually. We bought a few things to eat, a new cauldron and a few other items for household and the renovation. On the way back, we met the Road Warden. He salute us, nice man by the way, and we start to talk. He spoke about the trial of the highwayman, that it was about to start, things were looking good. My wife, knowing nothing about my adventures, ask to the Road Warden why he told us, and he answer by telling what happen in the camp. She became mute, and, when you know her, you know that the volano inside her just wait to explode.

Once at home, it did. She starts to shout at me, telling that I should have spoken with her about it, I should have thought about the kids, ect... And then she decides to throw at me anything that she had under her hand. I tried to dodge verything, but I don't remember any thing scarier than her angry... and I have fought a wyvern and some freak monster of a circus! So, she threw at me a hammer on the ribs that I was unable to dodge, and a cauldron in the face. My cousin, who was on the floor above came to the help. He contained her for a moment and told me to go away and to come back another day, that I had spices to sell. I left and came to the Red Dragon Inn and you arrive a few moment later. I thought it would be a good way to go away for a time, to let time to my cousin to fix things."

Manzanita

First Post
After a trip of indeterminate time, (Wouldn’t want El Jefe to come bust me on being inconsistent!) Vossinger asks everyone to pull down their curtains, as they are about to enter Three Rings. In the dark carriage, the party bounces through the town, hearing the sounds of bustling streets around them. It is apparently a small town, though, and soon, the carriage pulls to a stop.

“If you have a hooded cloak, you might want to pull it up now.” Vossinger himself follows his advice, taking a purple cloak out and pulling the hood up. He offers a similar one to anyone without. The party thus exits and walks across a dock and up a gangplank onto a proud, single masted warship. The ship itself is long, with a score of oars mounted on each side, an iron ram in front, and shielding for archers on the sides. A trapdoor leads to the lower level. Vossinger leads the party down the ladder into a narrow hallway. Moving towards the fore, two heavily armored soldiers stand talking. One is holding a black long composite bow, beautifully crafted, and reinforced with silver. As you approach, you see one of the guards, a burley fellow, attempt to pull the bow back. Grunting, he is unable to hold it drawn. The other guard guffaws. They stop as Vossinger approaches.

“Got your men, eh?” the burley one says. “Prince Medius is in there.” He gestures to the door behind him. He’s got someone with…eh?” The door opens and a man comes out. He is dressed in a forest green cloak, underwhich mail glistens in the lamp-light. His skin is light brown, and his hair and iris are a matching dark brown. Only one eye is visible; the other is covered by a black eyepactch. He is of average size, but well-built, and his face speaks of confidence and experience. He wears a long sword and a throwing axe on his belt, and a quiver of red-fletched arrows is strapped over his back. Wordlessly, he takes the the black bow from the guard and strides past the group. His one eye flicks across each adventurer’s face as he passes.

“Goodday, Graybane.” Vossinger nods to him, though he gets no response.

“OK. Go on in then,” says the guard to the group. Vossinger motions the party to follow as he enters.

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik follows behind Vossinger as he enters the room, he takes a good look around, attempting not to disturb/touch anything.

edit:
OOC:
search+6 / spot+3

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases