M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

NakuruSai

First Post
The man is devilishly hansome, with shoulder length, finely groomed blond hair, and piercing blue eyes. He strides up, offers everyone a firm handshake, and greets them individually as they enter. “Welcome. I am Medius Jara. Your name? Very glad you’re here. Hello. Nice to meet you. My pleasure. Yes hello.”
Mordik seems a little uncomfortable shaking hands, He grunts and says:
[smallcaps]Mordik- lockpick and troubleshooter.[/smallcaps]
he sees the seated man fingering the coin and muttering, and decides to add:
[smallcaps]..And what's that about, may I ask...sir?[/smallcaps]

NakuruSai

First Post
"Security is less here." says Vossinger. He shakes his head. "Too bad we couldn't get that additional protection..." He cuts off abruptly as Medius gives him a sharp glance.

Mordik seems to think it over and says, [smallcaps] You say, "additional protection"- was there a watchman or...?[/smallcaps]

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita, it seems I have been invited to become a Judge. (Hopefully I am not premature in mentioning this.) Would you like me to Judge M3 for you?

Manzanita

First Post
Paitlin: [sblock] I could ask for no better a judge. As you recall from the XP discussion in the general thread, I'm a bit uncomfortable with the system as written, when a party consists, as this one does, of PCs of levels 1 to 5. I may well wish to divide XPs a bit more arbitrarily, based on individual contributions. As such, I totally need someone who will review my assessments for fairness and consistancy. Considering you knowledge and stance on this XP issue, you're the perfect man for the job. Please volunteer.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
NakuruSai said:
Mordik seems to think it over and says, [smallcaps] You say, "additional protection"- was there a watchman or...?[/smallcaps]

“None of your business!” snaps the Prince.

NakuruSai said:
..And what's that about, may I ask...sir?

In a gentler voice Medius continues. “These disks are inscribed with your names. They indicate you are of official business for the crown. These will let you enter and leave Monemvassia freely. They will gain you an audience with any official.”

”You see, no announcement has been made of this murder. This should give you an advantage of surprise over your enemy. But you must also decide how to proceed. If you wish an audience with Prince Phillip, this should get you in. A better bet might be the mayor of Three Rings, Arness. She is a very competent administrator. Phillip lives in his castle on a small island off the mainland, and cares only for his experiments. Arness is the one to talk to if you wish to get things done in Three Rings. Of course, should anyone neglect to honor these disks, you must let me know. In fact, I do wish to be kept abreast of developments. I ask that you check in at least once a week at the castle in Monemvassia to see me personally. If you are in Three Rings, it is about a 4 hour trip by horseback.”

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Consider me volunteered, Manzanita! (Though could you correct the spelling of my name in the title? You always want their to be an extra "i" in it.) :)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin [sblock] whoops. I do always think of it as Paitlin. I'll try to get that fixed in my head. Thanks for judging & on with the show...[/sblock]

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik seems to think it over and says, You say, "additional protection"- was there a watchman or...?

“None of your business!” snaps the Prince.
Mordik raises an eyebrow, unconvinced, but keeps it at that...he does however think to himself:

There'd be much we could gain from talking to a watchman if there was one. Why'd he be sketchy about us talking to him? Maybe it's this 'additional' protection that he let slip...I hate politics. Couldn't have been a job to just retrieve an item or kill someone...

”You see, no announcement has been made of this murder. This should give you an advantage of surprise over your enemy. But you must also decide how to proceed. If you wish an audience with Prince Phillip, this should get you in. A better bet might be the mayor of Three Rings, Arness. She is a very competent administrator. Phillip lives in his castle on a small island off the mainland, and cares only for his experiments. Arness is the one to talk to if you wish to get things done in Three Rings. Of course, should anyone neglect to honor these disks, you must let me know. In fact, I do wish to be kept abreast of developments. I ask that you check in at least once a week at the castle in Monemvassia to see me personally. If you are in Three Rings, it is about a 4 hour trip by horseback.”
Mordik takes the disk if offered and places it in his side pocket, keeping his mouth closed. He's decided to allow someone more personable to speak, not wanting to burn any bridges with his employer.

Velmont

First Post
"Thanks for those disks, and we will report, as you wish. I don't have anymore questions. Maybe my frieds have some. I'll start to search the room." On that, Rinaldo starts to take a close look at the room.

Remove ads