M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sure after going to the library, I'll come back here and speak with the other employees at the inn. See if I can find out more about Abraham." replies Tenebrynn.

ooc: ready for morn.

NakuruSai

First Post
[smallcaps] Bah! well, I'm off to bed if we aint dealin' with it tonite![/smallcaps] Mordik drags himself to bed, puts one of the bed legs on the trapdoor, and falls asleep.

Manzanita

First Post
I'll get a morning post up soon. Meanwhile, feel free to read and comment on XP awards:
[sblock]I want to go ahead & make an XP award in this game. As you might expect, it's trickier than the other games I've run. No combat & difficult-to-CR problem solving & RP. I'm sending the judge my ideas, but I wanted to give you, the players, the opportunity to speak up if you have a suggestion as to how to award XPs for your actions thus far. I know at least one PC will gain a level (Ashnar). I was thinking I would require a full day's study to bump him up, and he would need access to books to gain his two spells. Perhaps he can think of an in-game way to do this... ;) [/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar thinks for a moment, his thoughts mixed between the current events, arcane energies, and his duty. Before Rinaldo leaves, he asks Tenebrynn. "Say, Tenebrynn, the wizard who grants you access to her library - do you think she would allow another visitor who pays the same up-front sum?"

(That's what you were thinking of? ;))

Erekose13

Explorer
"I don't think it would be a problem. I am representing the Library in Orussus, having an accolyte accompany me should be okay. We will have to work on how to maintain our cover though, especially given that the woman I am meeting with frequents this inn as well." replies Tenebrynn.

ooc: yay xp :)

Manzanita

First Post
Tenebrynn & Ashnar can continue their conversation from the night before.

Thursday morning dawns chilly and damp. The night is peaceful after they separate, and they sleep in a bit to compensate for their late discussion. A little patience reveals to Ashnar that the red bandana was tied to the doorknob of the room occupied by the midgit and his neatly combed companion Mordik encounted last night.

For breakfast, the party sees the usual servers, Wilfong the gambler, a table of three armored guards of the castle, including Kusk the half orc, and a nicely dressed middle aged couple eating at a square table.

jkason

First Post
OOC:[sblock]Well, levelling up has two basic benefits: better combat abilities, and better skills. I'd assume XP, then, is a reflection of using either. Beyond RP rewards, on a mission like this, maybe XP comes from successfully using non-combat skills? Say, Rinaldo's successful sleight of hand would be worth something based on its DC, as would Nurlan's performance check, or a good Spot, etc. I don't know if you'd want to give more or less XP based on the user's skill level or not (possibly that could work like a modified CR - succeeding at an easy check with a high modifier gets you less than succeeding at the same check untrained or with a much smaller modifier, etc.).

I have no head for the number crunching involved, but I'd think there ought to be a workable system for that. Obviously there are fewer split XP rewards in that case, but that's to be expected.[/sblock]

Eanos sits next to his "employer" the next morning, enjoying the food, and asks under his breath "So, then, shall we be seeing the mayor to discuss your ... fur trading, or in another capacity?" he says.

orsal

LEW Judge
After emerging from his room in the morning, Nurlan greets Abraham. "Good morning, Mister Abraham. Sorry I won't be able to give a repeat performance here. I've taken a job at the Theater of Mystic Celebrations."

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik stumbles out of the door behind Nurlan. If his hair and beard are messy normally, you have no idea what to call what it is now, his hair and beard are in every direction, his eyes are red and puffy and he seems to be mumbling to himself. He pushes past Nurlan and Abraham with a grunt and goes downstairs to eat. He tries to straighten his beard and hair to it's normal amount of chaos.

OOC: :
[sblock]Been some time since I've DM'ed. not sure on the whole XP thing - whatever is decided I'm sure will be fair.
[/sblock]

Remove ads