• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly stares, then looks at her two tablemates.

"A witch...that's new. Did we fall into a Monty Python sketch when I wasn't watching?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
"One of 'them'? Perhaps you can enlighten me, buddy," Harlequin replies, smiling amiably.

If the duration wasn't already over Harlequin brought his spell to an abrupt finish. Someone who wasn't awakened but was receptive to the more elusive elements of reality? Risky business. Perhaps Harlequin could point him in the right direction if it meant the possibility of Awakening, but protecting the Veil was highest on his list of priorities.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"One of 'them'? Perhaps you can enlighten me, buddy," Harlequin replies, smiling amiably.

If the duration wasn't already over Harlequin brought his spell to an abrupt finish. Someone who wasn't awakened but was receptive to the more elusive elements of reality? Risky business. Perhaps Harlequin could point him in the right direction if it meant the possibility of Awakening, but protecting the Veil was highest on his list of priorities.
The man takes a deep drag, “Never mind, if you were you wouldn’t tell me anyway.” He turns and starts walking away with a measured pace, hands in his pockets. He has no bags or anything else with him but what he is wearing it seems.

The Coffee Shop

Cymbeline blinks, “Did she call you a witch? What is that something local? I don’t get it. Or is she just some weird teenager going through her angst?”

Festy_Dog

First Post
Whoever that guy was, he was the local Guardians' problem. Unless his hand was forced Harlequin decided it was best to keep it clean. It would be wise not make moves until he had a grasp of what was going on at James Cove. On top of that, this wasn't his jurisdiction. Not taking further action against that guy was more than just Harlequin's own laziness, it was what he believed to be proper etiquette. He didn't know how long he'd be here for after all, it was a bit early to be offending the locals.

Harlequin removed the wrapping paper for the book from one of his coat pockets to get a look at the address of the Monkey's Paw again. After looking briefly at a simplified map intended for tourists he picked up his luggage again to try and find his way to the book shop. He didn't get far before he was aware that he was definitely packed for an indefinite stay. It was relieving and irritating at the same time. Irritating because if he ended up not needing the luggage his arms were going to get sore anyway from dragging it around town.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Whoever that guy was, he was the local Guardians' problem. Unless his hand was forced Harlequin decided it was best to keep it clean. It would be wise not make moves until he had a grasp of what was going on at James Cove. On top of that, this wasn't his jurisdiction. Not taking further action against that guy was more than just Harlequin's own laziness, it was what he believed to be proper etiquette. He didn't know how long he'd be here for after all, it was a bit early to be offending the locals.

Harlequin removed the wrapping paper for the book from one of his coat pockets to get a look at the address of the Monkey's Paw again. After looking briefly at a simplified map intended for tourists he picked up his luggage again to try and find his way to the book shop. He didn't get far before he was aware that he was definitely packed for an indefinite stay. It was relieving and irritating at the same time. Irritating because if he ended up not needing the luggage his arms were going to get sore anyway from dragging it around town.
The black male sitting on the bench speaks, “Excuse me sir, would you have the time? I am waiting for a friend of mine; he is about your age. I hear he is quite the devilish fool. I have never met this friend, but I am sure he and I will get along quite well when we do.”

Festy_Dog

First Post
Harlequin raises an eyebrow. Putting down his suitcase and briefcase he checks his watch, then gives the gentleman in the long jacket the time. He looks the fellow over for any blue articles of clothing.

"Heh, a devilish fool you say? Sounds like me," he says with a smirk, "Although if I'm not the right one I'm sure I'd make an adequate alternative."

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The Coffee Shop

Cymbeline blinks, “Did she call you a witch? What is that something local? I don’t get it. Or is she just some weird teenager going through her angst?”

A startled look flashes across Morrigan's face at the accusation towards Thess, Piss! Hunters? This can't be good. She worriedly watches the girl leave, "I'd say a little bit of both, probably more the latter than the former though," she replies relatively calmly to Cymbeline.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Harlequin raises an eyebrow. Putting down his suitcase and briefcase he checks his watch, then gives the gentleman in the long jacket the time. He looks the fellow over for any blue articles of clothing.

"Heh, a devilish fool you say? Sounds like me," he says with a smirk, "Although if I'm not the right one I'm sure I'd make an adequate alternative."
“Well I would hope that you are the correct one, friend. Or I have been waiting here all day for nothing, and I surely hate to waste my time,” the man replies with a curt nod neatly folding his paper. He sighs loudly, “So what brings you all the way out to this little corner of perfection?”

The Coffee Shop

The drinks continue with little incident and assuming nothing else of import, they return to the Monkey’s Paw. The main street avenue lights are lit up, but some of the shops are dark, with the arrival of large super stores just outside of town crushed several of the smaller local businesses.

But there is one thing amiss… the door is ajar and there is blood on the door handle.

Festy_Dog

First Post
I'm guessing the guy Harlequin is talking to is wearing a significant amount of blue?

"Well, I was hoping you could explain the finer details of what I'm meant to be doing here," Harlequin extends a hand to shake, "Call me Harlequin. Is it safe to talk here?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads