• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly jerks her hand back from the door and steps back, shocked. She quickly looks at Morrigan.

"Oh my...look at the door handle! And the door's been opened. Okay, okay...Cymbeline...you go next door and call the police. M...we'll go in and make sure no one's hurt. I guess."

She looks desperately at Morrigan.

Aenion

First Post
"Stay here and don't touch anything," Morrigan whispers to Thess as she draws her pistol, "A áirithiú go daoine," she mutters a quick, improvised prayer in Gaelic as she envisions the cloak of death wrapping itself around her in its cold, protective embrace, "Morrigan protect me."

She nudges the door open with her foot, careful to not leave any fingerprints behind, she spins into the room, putting her back to the wall and training her pistol on the interior of the store as she scans for whomever was hiding inside, We'll have to have a talk about getting the police involved. Let's hope we don't have too many questions to answer...

ooc:
Casting Shield of Bones rote: 8 dice

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"Stay here and don't touch anything," Morrigan whispers to Thess as she draws her pistol, "A áirithiú go daoine," she mutters a quick, improvised prayer in Gaelic as she envisions the cloak of death wrapping itself around her in its cold, protective embrace, "Morrigan protect me."

She nudges the door open with her foot, careful to not leave any fingerprints behind, she spins into the room, putting her back to the wall and training her pistol on the interior of the store as she scans for whomever was hiding inside, We'll have to have a talk about getting the police involved. Let's hope we don't have too many questions to answer...

ooc:
Casting Shield of Bones rote: 8 dice
Morrigan rolls 5 successes on the rote casting; an exceptional success, granting her an extra point of armor for a total of 4 for the scene.

Cymbeline nods and pulls out her cell phone, “No problem do you think it is smart to go inside there?” I mean what it they are…” she trails off as Morrigan charges inside. Cymbeline whispers to Allison, “Is she a cop?”

Inside Morrigan whirls inside and find s man wearing blue shirt stained with blood. He sits against the counter on the floor with a tangled mess of dark hair and handsome rugged features. He wears a long coat over clothes with simple slacks and dark shoes. A satchel sits across his lap and a pained grin crosses his face. He speaks with a strong British accent, “Good evening, I don’t suppose you could honor me the right of Sanctuary?”

Aenion

First Post
"That would all depend on who you are and what you are doing here," Morrigan replies cooly, "I'd suggest you explain yourself quickly, the police are most likely already on their way," she moves towards him, checking for any weapons.

Shayuri

First Post
Watching through the window, Thessaly holds up a forestalling hand to Cymbeline.

"Actually...wait on the police thing for a second. It looks like she's got it under control."

Then Cymbeline's question registers, and Thessaly gets a blank look.

"Honestly, I dunno if she was a cop. She's not now. She just...knows how to handle herself. Lets hold off a minute and see what's going on."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"That would all depend on who you are and what you are doing here," Morrigan replies cooly, "I'd suggest you explain yourself quickly, the police are most likely already on their way," she moves towards him, checking for any weapons.
“I assure you I mean you no harm, and by all rights if I cause any problems by the right of Sanctuary you can kill me at your leisure. Now where is Winnie, it is obvious hat you are incapable or perhaps not willing to grant me this right…” the man replies in a calm tone.

“As it is you have me at an advantage,” he coughs with a smirk.

Outside the Monkey’s Paw

Cymbeline pauses with her phone, “Are you sure, I mean she may be able to handle herself, but this looks serious. Is this something you deal with often? I am little confused, what is really going on here?”

Harlequin

The man pauses, “Is it safe? Is it ever really safe to speak about the things that need to be addressed? I suppose this location is safer then most Harlequin. But,” he stands neatly folding his paper, “will you walk with me?”

He is not wearing an excessive amount of blue... or any actually.

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“I assure you I mean you no harm, and by all rights if I cause any problems by the right of Sanctuary you can kill me at your leisure. Now where is Winnie, it is obvious hat you are incapable or perhaps not willing to grant me this right…” the man replies in a calm tone.

“As it is you have me at an advantage,” he coughs with a smirk.

Morrigan replies to his smirk with a slight crooked smile, "Thess! You can come in, it's clear," she shouts as she holsters her pistol and, cautiously, approaches the wounded man, "I don't believe it is my right to grant you Sanctuary. I'm afraid Winnie has passed away, Thessaly is her granddaughter. My name is Morrigan, let me take a look at your wound, although I think Thess will be more capable at tending it. Who are you?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
Morrigan replies to his smirk with a slight crooked smile, "Thess! You can come in, it's clear," she shouts as she holsters her pistol and, cautiously, approaches the wounded man, "I don't believe it is my right to grant you Sanctuary. I'm afraid Winnie has passed away, Thessaly is her granddaughter. My name is Morrigan, let me take a look at your wound, although I think Thess will be more capable at tending it. Who are you?"
“Winnie has passed away,” the man makes a grimace, “that is unfortunate, I was looking forward to seeing her again. Well if you cannot honor my request, can Thessaly honor it, I am in need of shelter and a few days rest.”

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokwing said:
The man pauses, “Is it safe? Is it ever really safe to speak about the things that need to be addressed? I suppose this location is safer then most Harlequin. But,” he stands neatly folding his paper, “will you walk with me?”

Harlequin picks his luggage back up, having put it down to talk with the amiable stranger.

"I'll do my best," he replies as he follows, the little wheels on his suitcase clicking as they pass over various inconsistencies in the ground.

Once clear of any Sleepers he could detect Harlequin speaks up, "I was told a man in blue knew of my coming. Although you're not wearing any I'm guessing you to be him, and perhaps the blue has a more cryptic meaning. But then I could be wrong," he shrugged as best he could while holding his luggage.

"Back to your question though, I'm looking for the Monkey's Paw which is meant to be located in this here corner of perfection. I think that's my next clue to locating someone I have to protect."

Shayuri

First Post
Thessally calls, "Okay, just a sec!"

She looks at Cymbeline apologetically. "I'm sorry...it looks like we won't need the police after all. I'd invite you in, but I think this is probably..." She breaks off, searching for a way to put it.

Finally she says, "Lets just say I inherited more than just a bookstore from my grandma. This looks like family business. Maybe sometime I'll be able to tell you about it, but not now...you're not ready, and honestly I'm not sure I am either. I think you should be getting back home for tonight. I'll be okay. Come back or call tomorrow, okay?"

Smiling sadly, she starts edging into the store's door, but not closing it until she's heard Cymbeline's response.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads