• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"We should have time for one cup of coffee at least," Morrigan replies mostly to assure Thess that there's no immediate danger, no need to alert the Sleeper in their midst anyway, That girl, she must be one of us.

"Do any of you know that girl? The dark haired one with those two lads?"
Morrigan points to a young girl, she is pretty, and slim of build dressed in black. She fiddles with her cup while talking to her friends. None of the mages recognize her but she seems to stand out, though none of the mages are sure why, well outside of Morrigan using mastery of Death; smelling its stench on her.

Cymbeline glances at the young woman, “I am new here, I don’t know anyone, she looks a little young.”

The girl turns for a moment as if she senses someone looking at her and the way the light glints off her eyes gives them a soft red sheen… but perhaps that is just a trick of shadow?

Shayuri

First Post
"Me neither," Thessaly says in a quiet...almost whispering voice. "I haven't seen her around before.

On sudden impulse, Thessaly removes her glasses and mentally throws aside the barriers between her awareness and the truer nature of the world. She'll most likely never know the irony that while Morrigan viewed the stranger through the lens of Death, she herself will now be doing so through Life.

(Improvised casting of 'Pulse of the Living World.' No actual cost, per se, but a mere 5 dice pool.)

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Me neither," Thessaly says in a quiet...almost whispering voice. "I haven't seen her around before.

On sudden impulse, Thessaly removes her glasses and mentally throws aside the barriers between her awareness and the truer nature of the world. She'll most likely never know the irony that while Morrigan viewed the stranger through the lens of Death, she herself will now be doing so through Life.

(Improvised casting of 'Pulse of the Living World.' No actual cost, per se, but a mere 5 dice pool.)
Thessaly rolls 2 successes on the Improvised Casting; she got 2 successes on her roll to read Resonance.

Thessaly opens her minds to the pulse and rhythm of life, not just the living creatures but the energy that is the Mystery of Life. She feels it on her skin like a tingling sensation, but when she looks at the girl she sees a hole in the life force energy of the world around this girl.

Thessaly can see that some kind o magic effect, perhaps a spell enshrouds the girl. This time she turns and locks eyes with Thessaly… and she can’t help but feel a chill go down her spine. The eyes are cold and distant…

Aenion

First Post
The soft red sheen to the girl's eyes alarmed Morrigan, something was definitely amiss. Maybe it had been a trick of the light, but she had learned the hard way that things like that usually weren't. The sun was still up so that ruled out a vampire, but something decidedly unnatural about the girl. She could be a powerful Moros but she doubted it, she was too young and actively radiating too Resonance.

When she sees the girl turn her gaze to Thess, the young albino woman gets up, "So I guess they take orders at the counter? What do you guys fancy?"

Shayuri

First Post
"They have a great frozen cappaccino here called the Icecap," Thessaly says, lowering her eyes from the other girl, hoping she hadn't been too obvious. "I'd like one of those."

"How about you?" she asks Cymbeline.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"They have a great frozen cappaccino here called the Icecap," Thessaly says, lowering her eyes from the other girl, hoping she hadn't been too obvious. "I'd like one of those."

"How about you?" she asks Cymbeline.
Cymbeline smiles, “I want to try one of those Allison. I think that would be-”

She pauses as the young girl’ shadow falls over the table, her dark mascara around hr eyes giving her a macabre visage as if she was one of the walking dead. She directs her words that are a soft whisper to Thessaly, “You have the mark.”

The two boys with her stay seated at the table, but look quizzically at the confrontation.

Harlequin

The bus ride was brutally boring; or highly entertaining in that way that only the basest elements of society can provide. Perhaps it was the old woman that talked to herself the whole trip, was she really speaking in nonsense or muttering the ancient truths of the universe?

Who knew, but she sure liked to talk about all her cats.

None of the other passengers gave him any pause except one. A man sitting towards the back he got on the bus at the last stop before James Cove. He wore suit and had a clean cut look, with slick back hair and smooth features. He didn’t smile or show much emotion at all, h entered quietly and made his way to the back.

But the gentle tingle that ran up Harlequin’s spine gave him a start.

Arriving in the sleepy coastal town of James Cove, it as a far cry from DC. This place was quiet, relatively, with people walking the avenue in the evening. The bus pulls to a stop and the passengers that have reached their final destination depart, being Harlequin and the stranger.

Once off the bus the stranger lights a cigarette and stands outside in silence.

A black male sits at a bench in casual clothes with a long jacket and a newspaper in hand. An old woman works the counter inside and the bus is already getting ready to leave.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Harlequin drags his luggage clear of the bus and finds an empty bench. A suitcase, briefcase and courier bag made his movement a little on the slow side. The luggage had been intended for international travel, so there was the feeling there may have been a bit too much of it for what felt like a lesser scale trip.

Taking a seat as he figured out what to do next, no small part of which was wondering if he could find and then afford a cheap motel, his attention returned to the man who sent the tingle up his spine. With a minor gesture Harlequin activated a Rote, trying to get a better look at why this man may have caused a reaction in him.

Third Eye, 8 dice.

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly shifts her eyes to Morrigan quickly, then to the strange girl.

"Uh...that's...great," she says, trying to sound more confident than she felt. "Look, we're just here for some coffee. We're not into whatever you're playing. If you want to talk later on, I'll be in the bookstore a couple blocks down. Alright?"

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan quirks a pale white eyebrow as the girl approaches their table. She was about to say something when the girl whispered. Nice fashion statement, she used to dress like that when she was twelve maybe fourteen, back then she even dyed her hair black. Maybe she's Moros afterall... She never understood the need to appear even more morbid than their studies made them already, besides her natural complexion weirded out most people enough without adding any mascara.

Nicely done, she nodded at Thess and turned back to the girl, "Can we help you miss?" she asks in her monotone, British accented voice.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Thessaly shifts her eyes to Morrigan quickly, then to the strange girl.

"Uh...that's...great," she says, trying to sound more confident than she felt. "Look, we're just here for some coffee. We're not into whatever you're playing. If you want to talk later on, I'll be in the bookstore a couple blocks down. Alright?"
“You are a witch,” she hisses, “You have the witch’s mark… I can see it on your forehead.” She pauses and then turns away walking out of the café. The other two boys with her shrug and walk out after her.

Cymbeline blinks, “That was odd…”

Harlequin

Harlequin gets two successes in activating the rote. He gains Mage Sight and gets 1 success when trying to unveil resonances.

Harlequin completes the rote mudras and unveils the world of the arcane around him through the Mystery of the Mind. He focuses on the man that gave him the chills and he can see that the man’s mind is working on a higher level then a sleeper. This man is different, how different he cannot tell, but the tingle in his mind can recognize the sleeping mind with ease and this mind is open to more then most.

The man lights a cigarette and speaks, “Are you on of them?”

Attachments

• GITS_SAC_2NDGIG_Pazu.jpg
    GITS_SAC_2NDGIG_Pazu.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 96

Remove ads