Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Lichtenhart

First Post
"It doesn't. That's why the Orders are so bitter with each other. They're men and women with incredible power and amazing wisdom, but that spent centuries, if not millennia, focusing on the little things that make us different instead of the big things that makes us alike."

"There are many things that I think are interesting and admirable in all the Orders' philosophies. I've come to think that each of them is necessary, even if they all despise the others, and think they are right while all the others are wrong.
The Arrows live a life of service, discipline, dedication, and often sacrifice, and I don't think they get often the praise they deserve.
The Guardians too sacrifice much, and take on a most unpleasant and difficult duty. It's easy to get annoyed when they overstep, and be assured that they do, but wouldn't things be worse if their vigilance were lax?
The Ladder thinks their responsibility to bring back the light to the world, and I hold in great value the efforts they take to this end. I would hold them in even greater esteem if they didn't take so much pride in that.
The mystagogues are fascinating, as they commit themselves completely to their love of knowledge, and are brave enough to delve deeper than anyone else. Perhaps inevitably, this makes them so fond of their findings that they are loath to share them.
We, the libertines, stand at the outer edge of them all, as living reminders to all the mages that there are also other ways, and that not all blessings are poured on the awakened. We look for the rare gold nugget in the gravel, for the rare truth that sneaks through the Lie, and that bears so much satisfaction if you can find it. I often said, though my fellow members don't like it, that we are scavengers. Freedom comes at a price."

Aenion

First Post
"I agree all the orders have their place, though sometimes they need to be reminded of the duties that come with it," Morrigan adds, "The Arrow believes in action and discipline. We don't believe in wasting time trivial matters that might yield a result. We adapt and overcome as the need arises. That's why it's sometimes almost painful to watch other orders squander precious resources and talent on trivial things," she glances at Daniel with the Star Wars incident in mind, "Yet I have to admit that sometimes they do manage to find something useful."

Shayuri

First Post
"Besides, who's to say what's squandering and what's trivial?" Thessaly agrees. "It seems like where magi'c involved, it'd be hard to tell unless you were very familiar with what they were trying to do..."

She "As for me...I think it's too important a choice to make lightly. Probably best if I meet with the ones that invite me, and seek out the ones that don't before I commit."

Thessaly picks up the mask and turns it this way and that. "Starting with these guys I guess." She looks up with a little alarm. "You two are coming too, right?"

Lichtenhart

First Post
"I'm afraid we're not invited. Would you like us with you anyway? They might not like it."

And to answer Morrigan "I think every starting point is trivial. You should judge it by where it leads you."

Tokiwong

First Post
Moving on…

The mages are in the midst of their semi deep conversation when the door opens and in walks Cymbeline. She smiles waving, “Hi… Allison, Daniel… I hope I am not bothering you guys, I was in the neighborhood and wanted to see if you guys wanted to grab a coffee or something?”

Aenion

First Post
"You are quite right," Morrigan assures her, "And since it's my duty to protect you, it looks like I will be forced to go to this party as well," she adds sounding almost reluctant, she smiles a bit more openly as she continues, "Of course I'd love to, if we can get us an invitation that is..."

She greets the newcomer with a slight nod, reflexively attuning herself to the sight of death to measure the weight of death on the girl's soul.

Shayuri

First Post
"Bell!" Allison exclaims happily. "It's great to see you! And sure, a coffee sounds good. There's a good place just a few shops down from here." She turns to look at Daniel and Morrigan. "What do you guys think....oh!"

She pulls Morrigan's sleeve. "Bell, this is a friend of mine, Morrigan. Morrigan, this is a new friend, Bell. She's just arrived in town for the school year."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Bell!" Allison exclaims happily. "It's great to see you! And sure, a coffee sounds good. There's a good place just a few shops down from here." She turns to look at Daniel and Morrigan. "What do you guys think....oh!"

She pulls Morrigan's sleeve. "Bell, this is a friend of mine, Morrigan. Morrigan, this is a new friend, Bell. She's just arrived in town for the school year."
Morrigan activates her rote and rolls 2 successes on 8 dice. She unveils resonance and gets 2 successes on an Intelligence + Occult roll.

"Great, you can tell me all the fun things to do here," the young woman smiles.

“Hi Morrigan,” Cymbeline waves, hefting a backpack over her shoulder matching her stylish clothes. She was a beautiful young woman, and her smile and eyes were vibrant with life.

“Are you a student?” she asks Morrigan. Morrigan attunes her sight to the mystery of death. With a simple rote gesture she can see the touch of death about the young vibrant girl. But there is something about her strange, the touch of death is upon her… but it is old… impossibly old, like a fading afterimage.

This woman that stands before is special in some otherworldly way.

Aenion

First Post
Odd, I've never sensed anything like this before... Morrigan seemed a bit distant as she pondered the information shown her, "No ... no, I'm not a student. You could say I'm a friend of the family," the albino woman replies after a pauze. She shifted her senses from death to the threads of fate, one of her coins dancing between her fingers inside her pocket when she stops moving it she feels the pentacled star under her thumb.

Casting improvised spell: Interconnections, 4 dice

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
Odd, I've never sensed anything like this before... Morrigan seemed a bit distant as she pondered the information shown her, "No ... no, I'm not a student. You could say I'm a friend of the family," the albino woman replies after a pauze. She shifted her senses from death to the threads of fate, one of her coins dancing between her fingers inside her pocket when she stops moving it she feels the pentacled star under her thumb.

Casting improvised spell: Interconnections, 4 dice
Morrigan gets 1 success on the improvised spell, but for the actual extended roll, she gets no successes on the first turn.

Morrigan allows the coin to focus her will and drawn the supernal channeling her will through her Watchtower. She can see the connections but cannot get a strong reading about what connects Cymbeline to anything…

Remove ads