• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Major WotC Announcement At Origins?

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

I don't own the book, so I am unable to refernce it for you, but this is the source I read about his colorful life:

Ted Turner: It Ain't As Easy at Is Looks: A Biography

I don't hate the man- I just think he is a nut. He has a long list of saying outrageous things, and then turning around the next day and apologizing. He claims the world should be one way, then tends to live contrary to that.

But- he does put his money where his mouth is occasionly at- giving a billion to the UN certainly is certainly an amazing act.. a wise one is another matter.

FD

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I find Ted Turner's comments on the Ten Commandments quite droll, and his comments on population control and "Polish mine detectors" trenchant, if crude.

In short, I'm rather glad that there are media mogul trillionaires on my side of the political spectrum. Or at least one, anyway.

--Erik

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
In short, I'm rather glad that there are media mogul trillionaires on my side of the political spectrum. Or at least one, anyway.

Well, there's him and 99% of Hollywood. Surely you wouldn't forget Babs, Baldwin, Julia, Sheen, Cher, Spielberg...

Or do they not make enough money for ya?

DPGDarrin

First Post
Well, as long as Erik is willing to admit it, so am I. I'm not too far away from Turner's point of view on some things.

I'm not about to impose my beliefs on others though.

tleilaxu

First Post
Here is a fun link

http://www.datelineheaven.com/Archives/031501/031501.html

"Mr. Turner is an unrelenting bigot, who has cast aspersions on almost anyone or anything religious. He has remarked that Christianity is "for losers," that pro-lifers are "bozos," and publicly called the Pope an idiot.

My question is... and? What exactly is wrong with being anti-religous? I certainly think the Pope telling people not to wear rubbers is definitely more stupid, evil, and irresponsible than calling the Pope stupid, evil and irresponsible.

I know this isn't the place. I stop now. Me bad

Talaysen

First Post
CWD said:
Dude, don't go there.

This isn't the place for flame wars.

We are a happy family...

Yeah, he says that now, but wait 'til he gets a few drinks in him.

ZING!

(Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously guys - maybe we should get closer to topic again?)

Xeriar

First Post
King_Stannis said:
ted turner is one of the most despicable men alive today. if he were to buy d&d, i think i would play 3e and buy only 3rd party stuff until he got bored and sold it. i don't know if i could bring myself to support anything put out while would be in charge.

as someone already said, let's all hope and pray that this is just a silly rumor spread by a madman.

Name me one billionaire with better morals.

Despicable, because he's a little hard-headed about Christianity's bad points?

Better than hiding behind the name and committing horrendous acts 'behind the scenes. I don't trust Pat Buchanan half as far as I could throw him left-handed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads