• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Make Race Matter

S

Sunseeker

Maybe limit races to particular power sources (half Orcs can't use arcane, gnomes can't use primal) or give bonuses to particular choices (eladrin using arcane, deva using divine etc?)

Would be the first rule I take a big black marker to and cross out of my book, along with every other rule that said X race can't do this or can't be that. It's not even a matter of playing against type. Any edition that says my X can't be Y for no other reasons than some abstract decision on behalf of the devs is an edition I'm not interested in.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Players should get access to talent trees similar to SW Saga. So if I pick Dwarf Fighter I get access to the Dwarf talent/feats and the fighter ones. Every odd level I can choose from my lists, so I can become more Dwarfy or more of a fighter.

Multiclassing should be free so I can get access to a different class's talents by taking a level in that class.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads