Making a homebrew system; need help w/ optimizing and balancing system itself (percentile)

Meatboy

First Post
[MENTION=6671268]Jadebrain[/MENTION]

If that's the case then I'd do one of two things.

1. Allow highly skilled (100+) individuals re-rolls. Not the best answer but a quick fix. This could either be based on the talent being higher than 100 or if the character has a talent at 100 AND is of a certain level. Maybe 1 re-roll per level after 5 or the like.

2. Once a talent reaches 100 then characters can add to a descending scale (starts at 99 and goes lower) called a "limit" this is the highest possible minimum that can be applied to their rolls. So as a character gets better even with added difficulty they can still get better at over coming challenges. This has the added bonus of keeping your initial idea without adding more math.

You could also have a combination of the 2 approaches.

Last edited:

System Ufera

First Post
2. Once a talent reaches 100 then characters can add to a descending scale (starts at 99 and goes lower) called a "limit" this is the highest possible minimum that can be applied to their rolls. So as a character gets better even with added difficulty they can still get better at over coming challenges. This has the added bonus of keeping your initial idea without adding more math.

This is a good idea! I'll bring it up with my players as soon as I see them next. Thanks!

Remove ads