D&D 5E making the Postmistress Supreme gameable?

Thanks to Ken and Rob, I just found out about the following figure.

Alexandrine, Countess of Taxis, and Postmistress of the Holy Roman Empire.

I want to use her in a future game, but also realize that a world with magic may limit her success significantly, to say nothing of PC agency.

How do you use such a character?

Thanks to Ken and Rob, I just found out about the following figure.

Alexandrine, Countess of Taxis, and Postmistress of the Holy Roman Empire.

I want to use her in a future game, but also realize that a world with magic may limit her success significantly, to say nothing of PC agency.

How do you use such a character?
Very interesting character from history. If I were to use her as a PC, I’d probably go with Mastermind Rogue.

There is a short list of historical characters for whom I find that that representing them as characters that use magic sells their real accomplishments short. If this is not a concern for you, a Whispers Bard would also work.

The short biography linked in the OP points out how the Postmistress was consistently underestimated due to her sex. Generally speaking, I’m not sure it is a good idea to reproduce this in the game, as many people want to play female characters and don’t want to be hassled in game for their gender.

However, I think that many NPCs and Characters would tend to underestimate a character that can’t cast spells, so you could have a similar effect by making the Postmistress a non-magical class.

Remove ads