Malibu Stacey has a new hat!

Stereofm said:
...no backstory...
That's your job as DM, man. OD&D/1E didn't have backstory either.

Stereofm said:
I'll consider about possibly changing my mind when they bring back a PAPER edition of DRAGON and DUNGEON.
Gluh. If they gave me free reprints of the paper versions if mine got worn into nothingness due to use, then yes. Bring back paper magazines. As it stands, we'll be getting about 3 or 4 times as much content for the cost of one subscription. Plus all the added tools. Beyond that, the pdfs will be available except in the event of a catastrophic Internets collapse.

Plus, there's this thing called a Printer attached to most computers. If you really want a print copy, push the dang Print button.

amethal said:
... online Dragon #? and an online Dungeon #151 as part of the DI...
amethal said:
...same magazines, just no longer in print format. So why, in the name of Pelor, couldn't they have said that at the start?
Because I figured that was the assumed conclusion. About two days after the announcement that Dungeon's/Dragon's rights were going back to WotC instead of Paizo, they announced the Digital Initiative which specifically stated that it would have lots of similar content to the print mags.

So where did you get the idea that it wouldn't have the same content, except not in a print form?

-TRRW

HeyJoe

First Post
To be honest, the D&DI Tabletop is the only thing that interests me about 4e. It seems like it might be the solution for those of us who no longer are able to get together in the traditional sense for a D&D session.

carmachu

Explorer
The problem isnt whether its good or not. Or whether its a different hat, so to speak.

The question is is it worth making the jump from 3.5 to 4th. Its also compounded by a good deal of 3rd party products out there. Right now.....we're playing in Ptolus. The DM, at the moment, has flat out said he and we arent making the jump to 4th. I cant blame him. I wouldnt either at the moment. I have a good deal of great non-WotC prouducts, some I havent gotten to use yet.....(like City of Brass), and I would like to try them out.....

Does that make sense? There's alot of good stuff out there that might not make the change over...and I want to use it.

I will most likely, buy the core 3 books. But I can honestly say I will not be jumping ship to 4th. I will continue, as long as I can find a group and players, to 3.5

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Unless 4e requires of to have most of our sessions consist of internal monologue and endless sense motive and knowledge checks to completely analyse the enemy, with actual combat only every 3 months or so, 4e is not like Dragonball :p

Bah, that's baseless slander!

DBZ had combat every single episode!

It was just the same fight for three months straight. :)

Brad

Thurbane said:
Does that make 3.5 Lisa Lionheart?

LOL - I laughed when I read the title. Funny, and relevant. :p

I guess Castles & Crusades is Lisa Lionheart.

Glad you got the reference. A friend told me his theory of overlapping sets of nerddom, so I figured significant numbers of D&Ders would get a random Simpson's reference.

Hairfoot

First Post
mhensley said:
It still doesn't change the fact that I have 3 different versions of C&C sitting on my shelf right now. ... C&C players can't complain about all the money D&D players spend on new editions when they themselves have to buy the same thing at least 3 times in as many years to get a playable version of the game.
I agree. The editing is so appalling it sometimes seems like they're being cruel on purpose. It's a huge barrier to getting into the game.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
DBZ had combat every single episode!

I'm pretty sure I saw one or two episodes without combat. Back when a friend tried to convert me, I agreed to try it out. I saw that whole episode, and it consisted of two guys standing somewhere, and the "action" consisted of internal monologue. I think towards the end of the episode after that, the fight started.

Remove ads