• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malls & Morons: d20 or d20 Modern?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Question, how much will d20 Modern be influcing the new version of Malls & Morons? I'd gladly add it to my d20 RPG collection if it will be d20 Modern compatible (I'm learning to like the new d20 Modern core classes).

The old Malls & Morons stuff is good but I'd like to see its classes reworked as Advanced Classes. That way GMs and players could mix Malls & Morons with, say, Shadow Chasers or Urban Arcana, if they so choose.

And I'm willing to pay for it if the book is done well with decent art (I'm not talking Elmore here) and a crisp. clean format. Color isn't a requirement for such a book, which would keep the price down. Fantasy Flight Games does it with Legends & Lairs and look how popular those books have become.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Cheers!

Robert "KF72" Blezard

Talath

Explorer
Good question. d20 Modern will have a bit of influence on Malls & Morons. Mainly, using some feats and maybe some skills from it. Otherwise, there isn't much else. As it stands, I'm pretty sure M&M isn't compatible with d20 Modern. Simply, M&M has a hard enough time completing in the comtemporary genre with d20 Modern, and we wish to carve out a niche. Teens in a mall is pretty specific I admit, but when it comes down to it, M&M is a modern game. Therefore, we are trying to use only a little material.

As for the book, I'd hope the art would be good. For the most part, it's out of my hands. Layout is out of my hands as well. All I can do is write and hope the company that picks it up does a good job making it in to an excellent presentation.

I as least hope they use my logo ... I like that logo.

You probably won't see any d20 Modern compatibility, unfortunetly.

Anyway, I'm taking this too seriously. Glad you enjoy my work, and I hope you will check it out when we know what will happen. It's all up in the air.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads