• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne, Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy (IC)

Girri nods at Orman. "I looked but didn't see much. Take yer time, problie be fine. Warn't nothing in yer harrowing 'bout a fall into water, were there?" Sly grin firmly in place, Girri plants her feet and braces.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Quintel...Karastro Quintel

"If you run into trouble, I'll be right here," he says readying his crossbow. "If not, I'll meet the others around the side."

Voadam

Legend
CanadienneBacon said:
Girri nods at Orman. "I looked but didn't see much. Take yer time, problie be fine. Warn't nothing in yer harrowing 'bout a fall into water, were there?" Sly grin firmly in place, Girri plants her feet and braces.

Orman smiles and returns "No I didn't see 'the Diver' on my pull of the cards" He peers about intently as he holds onto the rope.

Malvoisin

First Post
INSIDE

Gadeann takes his time to be certain that the rope used to lower his companions is sturdy and secure, then tenses his tall frame to support Orman's weight as the swashbuckler descends. As it turns out, the extra precautions were probably unnecessary. After a brief descent of only about four feet, Orman's booted feet come to rest upon the wooden walkway that bobs upon the surface of the river. The planks are slippery, however, and the nobleman is happy with the extra stability the rope provides.

Crouching and looking around, Orman surveys the situation. Though the light from above is quite dim, Orman sees that a narrow space exists under the fishery, with about four feet of room between the floor of the building above and the languid, foamy river water below. Wooden pilings support the building, and moss and cobwebs hang thick from ropes and rusted chains between them. The wooden walkway floats on the river surface, winding along the inner wall of pilings that supports the building’s frame above, leading from the sodden barge to the east all the way west to a wooden door that appears to lead into an understructure below the fishery’s landbound half.

With no obvious threats to be seen, Orman gives the signal for Gadeann to lower Girri down to join him. Karastro and Gadeann look down upon the pair below as they consider their next move.

Fishery%20Below%20-%20051808.JPG

OUTSIDE

Edlin trails behind Coldan as the knight walks purposefully back outside the fishery and around to the raised walkway on the building's south side. The slippery boardwalk clings to the side of the fishery, held together by barnacle-thick pilings that have been worn halfway through their thickness at the waterline. As Coldan steps out onto the old, slippery wood of the boardwalk, the planks creak and groan alarmingly under the weight of the knight's fearsome, heavy armor. The sound is enough to make the grim Coldan pause and consider whether to continue out over the water.

OOC: stonegod, I'll leave you a moment to choose whether Coldan continues out across the boardwalk or not.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Karastro

Karastro leans over the edge a little bit further, getting one last last look around. "Perhaps we should investigate the barge first. I'll go around outside to the others and meet you there." Karastro stands and dusts off his clothes before joining Coldan at the edge of the boardwalk.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Coldan glares at the cold waters, as if daring them to drown him. "Go on ahead. I'll make sure none come up behind. But just take a look; leave the heroics to the others."

Voadam

Legend
Orman holds his left arm out for Girri to stabilize herself on and points out the building door with his drawn rapier "An emergency exit, it appears."

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
Coldan glares at the cold waters, as if daring them to drown him. "Go on ahead. I'll make sure none come up behind. But just take a look; leave the heroics to the others."
Karastro exits the fishery and approaches Coldan and Edlin just in time to overhear the knight's charge to the younger diviner.

OOC: Legildur, Evolution: Will Edlin and/or Karastro venture out onto the boardwalk and approach the barge, while Coldan stands guard?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads