Malvoisin's Slumbering Tsar Saga Discussion [PFRPG]

Malvoisin

First Post
You guys are absolutely correct that combat of all sorts plays a huge role in this campaign. You'll want a wide variety of specialties and skill sets to have a hope at success. I'm fine with any changes you guys want to make to your character classes, but I don't think I want to use the Leadership feat for this game. You very well may have opportunities to attract allies or hirelings in other fashion, however.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Does anyone know if its possible to trip a flying creature or someone that is currently flying? I haven't seen anything that says 'No' but I get the obvious reasons why you wouldn't be able to. However say I try and 'trip' a creature that just took to flight and succeed on my CMB to 'trip' him. Would he fall to the groud? What if it was part of an AoO since I have combat reflexes.

Malvoisin

First Post
Does anyone know if its possible to trip a flying creature or someone that is currently flying? I haven't seen anything that says 'No' but I get the obvious reasons why you wouldn't be able to. However say I try and 'trip' a creature that just took to flight and succeed on my CMB to 'trip' him. Would he fall to the groud? What if it was part of an AoO since I have combat reflexes.
The SRD actually explicitly states that a flying creature cannot be tripped.

Insight

Adventurer
I think we'd be better off with a pure rogue. Zultaan has superior Perception and Survival bonuses, so a Ranger is not strictly necessary for filling those roles.

Shayuri

First Post
Or if I'm a Summoner, perhaps my eidolon can have good trap detection...

Oh wait, they can't have Trapfinding.

CURSES.

Hey, as long as I'm proposing things GM's often hate, I may as well go the extra mile... Malvoisin, what are your feelings towards the 'eastern' themed races and classes. I think ninjas have trapfinding. (^_^)

Malvoisin

First Post
Or if I'm a Summoner, perhaps my eidolon can have good trap detection...

Oh wait, they can't have Trapfinding.

CURSES.

Hey, as long as I'm proposing things GM's often hate, I may as well go the extra mile... Malvoisin, what are your feelings towards the 'eastern' themed races and classes. I think ninjas have trapfinding. (^_^)
You're just pushing all the hot buttons aren't ya, Shay? :lol:

He'd be real far from home, but sure. Go for it. :)

Shayuri

First Post
I push the boundaries of good taste...often winding up just on the lee side.

But in this case, it is of no concern. I was wrong. Ninjas mysteriously lack trapfinding.

I will look over the variant rogues...possibly also related classes like fighters and rangers. Try to find some good synergy.

EDIT -

Okay! Found something that looks good to me. Rogue/Gunslinger. Yes, I went there! Bahahaha!

If gunslingers are not okay, I will do something else. Yes I will. It will probably be just as offensive too. Mwah.

Last edited:

Remove ads