Malvoisin's Slumbering Tsar Saga Discussion [PFRPG]

Insight

Adventurer
Yes, the party will have set out together from Bard's Gate to make for The Camp. The game will begin with the party's arrival at The Camp. If you don't want to have made the journey on foot, you'll need to buy a mount.

All right. I think Zultaan has enough gold to pick up a horse and the necessary accessories.

Malvoisin

First Post
Malvoisin, I realize you said anything goes, basically...but I want to double check. I am seeeeriously thinking about a Summoner here, and want to make sure that's okay. The class has earned some controversy, and I have enough ideas that I can develop an alternative...easiest to do it at the outset though. :)

Summoner okay?
I'm not a huge Summoner fan, and in some games I have (or might) run, I have disallowed them. In this case, though, I don't think it would be a gamebreaker (due to the sheer difficulty of some of these combat encounters). Go for it.

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, I noticed that too.

To be honest, I'm considering dropping the arcanist thing, leaving it to our wizard, and doing something else.

But being a rogue in an adventure revolving around Orcus makes my spider-sense tingle. Rogues don't traditionally do well in those conditions.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
It seems we have a plethora of melee combatants in this group. Fighter, Battle Oracle, and Inquisitor. Then there's the wizard and rangerjohn's cleric. My Half-Orc Barbarian would have been a great change for me, but I think if we are to survive, we might need to cover all the bases.

I am ok with changing my character to rogue, if that will help. I figured we would already be a cohesive group, previously adventuring and now heading off to out next adventure. Which, if I figure correctly, means a well rounded group would be a good choice.

Shayuri, I can take the rogue slot, and have my Half-Orc Barbarian ready on the side, ready to jump in when/if I die. OR, if it's ok with Malvoisin, perhaps even the ability to create the rogue, and give it the Leadership feat, to make use of the Barbarian. Choices, choices...

Shayuri

First Post
Well, I've been looking at rules.

And something occurred to me.

A 1 level Rogue "dip" gives Trapfinding, and as far as I can see, the class skill bonus is awarded at 1st level...and from that point on it doesn't -matter- what class you take, except they may have fewer points to distribute. But if I take, say, Disable Device at 1st, when I'm a rogue...I can then pile on any class I like, and continue to build it, with no reduction in effectiveness.

So!

If we lack nonmagic ranged attacks...perhaps a rogue/ranger? With undead as a favored enemy to make up for lack of sneak attacks?

Food for thought.

kinem

Adventurer
Remember, undead can be sneak attacked in PF.

A heavy hitter like the barbarian would be useful in combat, and combat seems to be a big factor in the module.

It looks like I wouldn't get to use animate dead anyway, so I'm swapping it out (spell costs, onyx gems) for horse money.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I don't think taking rogue/ranger is best for just getting trapfinding when you can just take ranger(trapper) and not start out with a BAB of +0.

And for this a ranger(trapper/guide) would to be a good combo. Favored enemy is good but ranger's focus at lvl 7 is +4/3times a day. And the survival bonus for when we are out in the Desolation. Traps to put up around camp and you still get your combat style.

HM

Remove ads