Malvoisin's Slumbering Tsar Saga Discussion [PFRPG]

Insight

Adventurer
I push the boundaries of good taste...often winding up just on the lee side.

But in this case, it is of no concern. I was wrong. Ninjas mysteriously lack trapfinding.

I will look over the variant rogues...possibly also related classes like fighters and rangers. Try to find some good synergy.

EDIT -

Okay! Found something that looks good to me. Rogue/Gunslinger. Yes, I went there! Bahahaha!

If gunslingers are not okay, I will do something else. Yes I will. It will probably be just as offensive too. Mwah.

I am considering an Elf Gunslinger 5, Rogue 2 as my backup character. They look like a lot of fun.

Shayuri

First Post
Hah!

Rogue 2, Gunslinger 5. Precisely what I was/am looking at.

I wasn't gonna go elf, but it wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

You gotta go Rogue 2, for the Trap Spotter rogue talent, is the trick. The trapper ranger doesn't get that, and I consider it essentially mandatory for any character who doesn't want to slow the game to a crawl as he goes, "I search this room for traps. I search this door for traps. I search this chest for traps. ... That was a bad roll, I do it again." *everyone groans*

Makes it nice and easy. You get close. GM rolls for you. Bam. Done.

Insight

Adventurer
Shayuri, you go with that. Sounds like a cool idea. I can come up with a different backup character - not that it matters, I suppose.

Shayuri

First Post
I appreciate that, Insight. Normally I'd say I could come up with something different, but I'd really like to give this idea a try. I have some neat ideas for background and 'hook.'

It's a pity trapfinding is so hard to get in Pathfinder. Especially since rogues are still pretty lackluster in other ways, as far as I can tell.

Ah well!

Insight

Adventurer
I appreciate that, Insight. Normally I'd say I could come up with something different, but I'd really like to give this idea a try. I have some neat ideas for background and 'hook.'

It's a pity trapfinding is so hard to get in Pathfinder. Especially since rogues are still pretty lackluster in other ways, as far as I can tell.

Ah well!

Oh, Rogues can be pretty bad-ass. You just have to be in the right situation and with the right "Rogue Tactic" choices. I don't think we know enough about this game to really know what sort of Rogue would be useful. I think a multi-class Rogue is the way to go. I really think Rogues are one of the best "multi-class friendly" classes in PF.

Remove ads