Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky - IC Thread

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha watches for a moment with dark eyes, then scans the note on the door and frowns.

On the one hand, if this was a trap, why announce it so blatantly? One did not make nooses with flowering vines. Unless misdirection was the goal, in which case the rooftop was precisely what should be avoided...the bridge made things a little too convenient, and would be simple to sabotage to drop them all.

On the other, if not a trap why mark the pub so? To convince the eyes of Regesian loyalists that this place had already been gutted and shut down, perhaps. It made more sense than the other.

She reaches out a hand and sees if the front door is unlocked.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"As I said, it may be a ruse to throw off suspicion, but why, then, did they not tell us of this ahead of time? We should have been briefed on that fact, and since we were not, we should assume that our contact was caught and a trap set--if they caught the contact, they know we'll enter one way or the other. If our scepticism is unfounded, so much the better. If not, then we have saved ourselves an ambush."

Erekose13

Explorer
A non-descript fellow of average height and build, somewhere in his mid thirties skulks into view. Eyes tend to slide over and past him, looking as he does like a lower class laborer. His sallow dark brown eyes that have a tired look about them as he hooks his hands under his arms to hide them from the biting cold. A small wiry mustache adds to the man's simple look. He has no apparent arms, in fact such accoutrements would look out of place on him.

"Late for the party am I?" he says withdrawing his hands to blow a little warmth into them. "Damn cold, ithn it? he says with a slight lisp.

He looks at the four that have gathered around the small door to the tavern where he was supposed to meet his contact. Seeing the large notice implicating their would be host in collusion with the resistance, he nods and looks up and down the street to see if anyone has noticed them or not. If there is no one about he moves off the street and out of the open into the nearest alley, paying no more heed to those assembled. He intends to wait and see what happens rather than be caught in the open.

Rhun

First Post
Xanders glances over the new comer. "Not so cold, once you get used to it. He looks around at the others. "So, what's the plan?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'm hoping you'll all agree that the plan is to act with caution and take the roof route, preferably leading with a stealthy scout. There's simply no reason why it would be worth chancing the risk--supposing there's nothing bad going on, we lose next to nothing with caution, but if this is an ambush set for us, we gain everything with the element of surprise."

Rhun

First Post
"Well, then," says Xander glancing up at the roof, "Leave this to me." Taking a quick look around to make sure nobody is watching, the muscular man takes a few steps back from the building, and then charges forward. He runs up the side of the building as easily as if running down the street, coming to rest upon the roof above.

OOC: Use Up the Walls to reach the rooftop (if it is less than 30' high, that is - I assume a two-story is).

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Before you go, make sure you bring a rope to let down for the rest of us," Cassandra reminds him, "It should be a piece of cake to follow climbing a rope leaning against a wall."

Rhun

First Post
Once upon the roof, Xander removes the rope from his pack and begins to look for someplace to tie it off.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Coldan shakes his head at the girl's suggestion, then raises an eyebrow at Marsh's acrobatics. "That's... different." Turning back to Cassandra, he adds, "There is something to loose. You spook our contact who then refuses to deal with us." He puts up his hand to forestall the anticipated comeback. "Don't tell me 'They'll appreciate our thoroughness.' You do not know them. I do not know them. Presuposing their intent or characteristics will only make a fool out of us when we are wrong."

The solider pulls up his coat and trudges back towards the alley. "I'm going inside. As best it will provide a 'distraction' so you antics do not spook this 'Torrent.'"

Coldan walks down the alley, then checks to see if he sees any light coming from the alley door.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*If he doesn't find a good point to tie off in short order, Cassandra will point out that he might actually be strong enough to just hold the rope himself, at least for anyone not wearing heavy armour.*

Remove ads