Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky - IC Thread

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Holding the rope is a possibility...for Cassandra at least, that should be easy. Just wasting time 'til Mal comes back.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'm afraid I do know them--I have dedicated my life to working for the Resistance; I know how they operate, and this bullheadedness of yours is lunacy. They would have told us if the shutdown was a ruse--I'm telling you it's almost-certainly a trap. Since you don't seem to care if your antics cost the innocent lives of your soon-to-be comrades, as well as your own, if you are willing to gamble our lives on your stubborn insistence not to be prudent, why not up the ante? I bet you 100% of my share of all treasure we find between now and the mission's completion versus your share that something is up with this and that treating this like a routine contact meeting is folly. And I'm not letting you go in there and guess us all killed by tipping them off unless you are at least certain enough in your beliefs to take me up on that."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Shhhh," hisses Xander from on top the roof at his companions below, as their voices float up to him. They'd no doubt get into a full-blown argument soon, alerting everyone on the block to their presence. "Bunch of savages in this town," he says to himself, shaking his head.

Erekose13

Explorer
Having moved away from the assembled group rather than stand there and get caught in the open, Taren picks a good spot that he can slide into the shadows. He makes sure that where ever he chooses to hide, it's easy to get out of.

Shayuri

First Post
(I guess my attempt to just go in the front door was stopped in one post or another. I musta missed it.)

Aridha remains silent, looking from one arguer to the next. Ultimately it seemed that most wanted to go the roof route. More effort, and she didn't think there was any less risk that way...if the enemy was here, they would be fools to leave a roof entrance unguarded, unwatched, when there was a -bridge- that led straight to it. But there was no -more- risk either, so it wasn't worth making a fuss over.

Without comment, Aridha padded to the rope, making eye contact with the man holding it before she started to try to climb up.

(climb check of +4)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing the waif intending to climb, and that Cassandra being stubborn, Coldan once again rolled his eyes. What if they were right? What of it? All he would loose would face to a bunch of strangers. Not really a highly valued commodity, especially considering how little he himself mattered in the scheme of things.

Of course, if he was wrong, and it was an ambush... well, it would better to go out fighting. Better than the prolonged, useless death throes that was his life now.

Snap out of it, Coldan. Despair won't fix anything.

He almost laughed.

Rystil Arden said:
"I bet you 100% of my share of all treasure we find between now and the mission's completion versus your share that something is up with this and that treating this like a routine contact meeting is folly. And I'm not letting you go in there and guess us all killed by tipping them off unless you are at least certain enough in your beliefs to take me up on that."
At the discussion of 'shares', he did laugh then, a low, bitter, hateful laugh. His voice was a sharp whisper. "Truly mercenary, then. Whatever you reasons, however, I too need to eat, so if payment will be given, you shall not have it from me. Persist if you must, but I will point out that no one has even checked the side door yet. If you excuse me, I would care to do so."

And don't talk to me about my beliefs. They're what cost me everything in the first place.

[sblock=OOC]Didn't I see this 'bet your share trick' elsewhere? ;)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Almost--Siobhan offered to give away her share for free either way as long as they checked up on Elaydrin, whereas Cassandra is testing Coldan.
[/SBLOCK]

*Cassandra snorts.*

"So you don't trust your judgment after all, then. Consider: If you are so sure that you are right, well then, you have absolutely nothing to lose in taking the wager. If you aren't sure that you are right and admit the possibility of losing the bet--which would mean there's going to be a fight in there that could get us killed--then you are being equal parts foolish, arrogant, and a good deal more mercenary than I, if quixotically suicidal as well, in that you are perfectly willing to wager all of our lives on a gamble for which you wouldn't be willing to risk coin."

"It at least says something odd about your priorities,"
she raises an eyebrow.

"There is almost certainly an ambush waiting for us, and your breaking of party unity to go off alone in a disorganised and chaotic way would ruin our battle plan if so," Cassandra points out, outwardly dead serious but inwardly slightly mirthful at the irony of that statement, "Perhaps a lesser wager, then? 2,000 gold says I'm right--paid in full at the completion of our mission. I know a knight is good for his word."

"And if you're not willing to take the wager, that's fine--the wager isn't the point. The point is that if you won't take it, you've proven that barging in there is the height of folly."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Here's something you don't see every day--a Chaotic Neutral character lecturing a Lawful Good one on altruism, party unity, and thinking about others / the group :lol: [/SBLOCK]

(EDIT OOC: I imagine Ari can make the climb with ease considering the DC--can probably hustle if taking 10)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Cassandra looks down for a moment, and then back up at Coldan, her tone softening considerably.*

"Look, I know it isn't my place to give you orders, and I can swallow my pride and apologise for my tone before, but you have to understand that being naive today could cause not only our own deaths, but those of countless innocents here in Gate Pass, followed by the oppressive reign of the Ragesians. I'd imagine you might know of that better even than I..."

"So I won't give an ultimatum, but...I'll just ask you, please, to relent and follow the plan, rather than alerting the enemy? Don't do it for me. Do it for the innocent people of Gate Pass,"
her eyes look much bigger, almost pleading, far different than when she had held her stern military tone and composure before.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Coldan sighs and rubs his hand through his hair again. "We are not party yet. Barely strangers. But, in part you are right. This is no way to start things." He squares his shoulders and looks Cassandra in the eye. "In any case, you are not getting my bones up there." He taps his fur clothes, the sound of heavy metal muffled by clear. "I do not like your plan, but I will not naysay it. But at least one of us should go in from the bottom in any case. Tactical advantage and all. Either we go in at the same time, or one can wait for a signal."

He looks to the alleyway. "Someone has to check that door in any case."

Remove ads