• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky PbP

Rhun

First Post
Malvoisin said:
Rhun you may have missed the part of post #8 that said we won't be using psionics for this game.

However...before you go and trash your psychic warrior, I have to say that there are some things in the DMs guide for the game that have me rethinking that stance. Your psychic warrior will receive consideration after all, so please go ahead and leave him as is.

Thanks, Mal. I did miss that originally, but glad to hear you are rethinking. I think he would be a pretty fun character to play once fleshed out.

gavagai

First Post
Really some very cool concepts here. Malvoisin, I assume all characters are open for refinement once we receive more players information on WotBS?

Malvoisin

First Post
gavagai said:
Really some very cool concepts here. Malvoisin, I assume all characters are open for refinement once we receive more players information on WotBS?
Absolutely! These are just basic ideas, mostly meant to define a character's role within the party, if accepted.

Once the players have been chosen, work on character sheets will begin in earnest. The campaign's player's guide should be available to everyone at that time.

This method is a good one, I think, because this way no one has to invest a lot of time making a full character sheet for a game in which they may or may not get accepted.

gavagai

First Post
Malvoisin said:
Absolutely! These are just basic ideas, mostly meant to define a character's role within the party, if accepted.

Once the players have been chosen, work on character sheets will begin in earnest. The campaign's player's guide should be available to everyone at that time.

This method is a good one, I think, because this way no one has to invest a lot of time making a full character sheet for a game in which they may or may not get accepted.

Sounds great, because I have the feeling that a lot of the background on the website is a bit open to interpretation, and that we will have a different view on the setting once we look into the players guide. (Does it mention gnomes, btw? ;) )

Gli'jar

First Post
Malvoisin said:
I enjoyed reading the story of Baba'Mal, very much. I think that may just be the very first ever Wu-jen submission I've seen.

Is there anything further you wish to add for your second idea? It certainly need not be as long as the first, but as it is, it doesn't offer much to go on.

Thanks. I am still working on the second. I have not seen Wu Jen's either. They are rather limited as only one book supports them as opposed to wizard to sorcerer which are supported by multiple books, offering more versatility. I was thinking with the Wu Jen, with you approval and some work, potentially going elementalist but with a variant element, metal.

Remove ads