Man, Lords of Madness are looking awesome!!

Dice4Hire

First Post
As for what I would like to see.......

25% or so of player characters/NPCs, at least one of each new race that has appeared since the last set. Minis with less visible weapons or such would be cooler as they could be an implement user, or warrior with weapons/implements not drawn.

20% or so of classic monsters like dragons, undead, orcs, goblins and such for those jsut getting into the collecting/mini hobby?

25% monsters of a variety of types similar to ones already released in older products, either slight molding changes or repaints. I have no problems with repaints. Maybe taking old rares and downgrading them to uncommons or such would work. Do make them different though, to keep the old ones rare.

20% monsters that have come out since the last expansion. With 1-2 sets of minis a year, this is a lot easier than it used to be. Draw from Revenge and MMIII

10% of oddball monsters, either named NPCS or just whatever odd things are running through the designer's minds. No official stats for such creatures need exist.

Yes, this is aimed at everyone, but mostly people who have not bought a lot of them before. Those with extensive collections are much harder to please. It is better to aim at those who are new or casual to minis.

Oryan77

Adventurer
As always, I'm interested in hearing what people want.

A Tavern wench.

A barmaid.

A whore...excuse me, a working girl.

A peasant girl.

A slave girl.

A damsel in distress.

A female dwarf in a chainmail bikini.

I mean hell, I can keep going and going. This is all stuff we've never had, but secretly want. I can create an entire set for WotC if they'd just listen to me.

Peter, from my DM-perspective, I would like the following:

* Molydeus (awesome demon that people of earlier editions can like as well, just appeared in MM3)
* New lich (important "core" monster, not done since GoL, vecna bellydancer from Dangerous Delves doesn't count)
* Female hill giant / hill giant shaman (we need female giants, also a caster-type!)
* Elder black dragon (this one goes without saying)
* Two-headed troll (drool...)
* New hell hound (not done since Harbinger)
* Kas (legendary vampire-warrior, lots of D&D tradition, from Open Grave, good candidate for VR)
* Aspect of Demogorgon / Zuggtmoy (Because demonlords rock!)
* Uncommon fire giant (then we have uncommon hill giant from WD, uncommon / visible frost giant from DD, and an easily available fire giant too)
* Nymph (Just released in MM3 for 4E, still useable for fans of older editions, as far as I know, there is not a single nymph in all of DMMs 2000+ minis)

Peter, you are doing a great job with DDM. Lords of Madness is shaping up to be a great set. Keep it up!

Last edited:

If I'm not mistaken, there are no wilden/kelloren and mul minis at all, whereas some old minis haven't seen reprints/repaints and are hard to get, e.g. treant, warforged titan, glabrezu, wererat, baaz and kapak draconians.

Also, how about a Dark Sun-themed set? Just call it "Terrors of the Desert" (hint, hint). ;)

Jhaelen

First Post
A Tavern wench.

A barmaid.

A whore...excuse me, a working girl.

A peasant girl.

A slave girl.

A damsel in distress.

A female dwarf in a chainmail bikini.

I mean hell, I can keep going and going. This is all stuff we've never had, but secretly want. I can create an entire set for WotC if they'd just listen to me.
Yep, and it wouldn't sell at all.

I don't need any of these minis. What for? I only ever put minis on the table when there's a combat. Non-combatants (if present) are at best moving obstacles.

I don't mind the occasional 'prop' mini, like the treasure chest in the forthcoming set, but I'd hate to get more than one or two per set.

Shade, Forgotten Realms style

Glabrezu

Elder Black

Young/Adult White - all the other chromatics have recent new versions

Pit Fiend

Large spider (uncommon)

Black Pudding

Some kind of Witch King stand in (a la Harbinger wraith)

Succubus

Female vampire, temptess style

Fell Troll

A Dragonborn some other color than golden. Black would be cool (then give him dreads like that exarch of Tiamat from Scales of War)

...more as I think of them.

And thanks for Yeenoghu - I was actually desperately needing him for my campaign (where's my tin foil hat)!

Last edited:

Dausuul

Legend
Matrix Sorcica said:
good list. You can get a cheap Fire Giant with the new Heroscape set (~$2.5)

You can? What's the name of the set and/or mini? I would seriously love some proper fire giants. I made my own by buying half a dozen sand giants and modding the hell out of them, but they're smaller than I'd like and the hair and beard are a bit off.

You can? What's the name of the set and/or mini? I would seriously love some proper fire giants.
Warriors of Eberron has the Fire Giant from Against the Giants. Sure, it's on a Heroscape base, but the new bases are made to fit with D&D and you can always rebase.

They are $2.79 (my mistake) from Auggies.

The Dragonborn Myrmidon is $1.99.... :)

Remove ads