• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Man, Lords of Madness are looking awesome!!

ferratus

Adventurer
This might be the first set that I actually buy the entire boxes for in a long time.

Aside from the shadar-kai, I don't mind a bunch of these commons. I also can't think of any of those rares that I would be unhappy to get stuck with. The only miniature I don't really like is the trihorn behemoth.

Herschel

Adventurer
Looks okay to me.
riding_horse.jpg

Have you ever seen a horse actually galloping without it's head held back by the reins?

WotC look to have done well with this set, filling in a lot of gaps, especially at the huge level. The Huge Blue Dragon, Hydra, Bebelith and Nalfeshnee are all long overdue.

I have over a thousand of DDM's and I will still definitely be getting a case of these minis. I imagine a lot of people with big collections will still be buying a fair few boxes of this set.

Olaf the Stout

avin

First Post
Honestly, all the PC races other than Human, Elf, and Dwarf are underrepresented. (And I challenge you to find a female dwarf spellcaster before this set.)

Let's just take Dragonborn, Deva, Shardmind, Wilden, Genasi, Mul, and Thri-kreen as the most unrepresented. For me to do a caster/warrior version of each sex for these races, it's a minimum of 26 minis - almost half the set. For a product that primarily aimed at DMs, that's just too many. These days I can justify around 5, especially those that can do double duty as monsters/villains.

For this set, we have the Dragonborn spellcaster. I'd love to do more -- heck, I'd love to do a thousand minis a year -- but it's just not possible.

Hey Peter, there was a Modron on an official D&D podcast. Does that count for a mini? :p

Kunimatyu

First Post
Based on Peter Lee's info from the recent preview, here's what is almost certainly the correct set breakdown:

You get 1 from each category in your pack except for the Common slot, which you get twice.

Medium/Small Common: (x2 per pack)
Human Town Guard
Kenku Warrior
Kobold Slinger
Orc Archer
Rot Grub Swarm
Shadar-Kai Warrior
Skeleton
Zhent Soldier

Medium/Small Uncommon:
Arcane Portal
Human Marauder
Minotaur Mangler
Stormclaw Scorpion
Trapped Chest
Water Archon Shoal Reaver
Will-o'-Wisp
Zhent Champion

Large Uncommon/Rare/Very Rare:
Astral Giant (U)
Efreet Fireblade (U)
Stone Giant (U)
Oni Night Haunter (U)
Zhent Cavalry (U)
Crownwing (R)
Fettered Dracolich (R)
Young Volcanic Dragon (R)
Cloaker Lord (R)
Mephistopheles, Lord of Cania (VR)
Mind Flayer Noble (VR)
Neogi Great Old Master (VR)
Yeenoghu (VR)

Huge Uncommon/Rare/Very Rare:
Feymire Crocodile (U)
Iron Golem Juggernaut (U)
Rime Hound (U)
Trebuchet (U)
Trihorn Behemoth (U)
Draegloth Abomination (R)
Fomorian Painbringer (R)
Nalfeshnee (R)
Roc (R)
Bebilith (VR)
Elder Blue Dragon (VR)
Elder Copper Dragon (VR)
Heroslayer Hydra (VR)

Small/Medium Rare/Very Rare:
Bloodfiend (R)
Brain in a Jar (R)
Deva Fanatic (R)
Dragonborn Elementalist (R)
Dwarf Beguiler (R)
Kenku Wing Mage (R)
Neogi Slaver (R)
Orc Warchief (R)
Rot Harbinger (R)
Shadar-Kai Witch (R)
Shardmind Dominator (R)
Spell Weaver (R)
Swordwing (R)
Thri-Kreen Mantis Warrior (R)
C'tallum, Astral Hunter (VR)
Dispater, Iron Duke of Hell (VR)
Kalliroth, Githyanki Pirate (VR)
Manshoon (VR)

Last edited:

Dausuul

Legend
Just occurred to me to ask... Peter, don't know if you're still around, but is there any possibility we might see a Gargantuan Green Dragon next year or so?

*crosses fingers*

Remove ads