Man, Lords of Madness are looking awesome!!

Dausuul

Legend
In some cases, gnomes and halfling minis are really close.

As for the dragonborn, you're SoL apparently because wanting a concept artist to do a vulcan mind meld with you from across the earth in order to draw up exactly what YOU want a dragonborn/half-dragon to look like is completely unrealistic.

Seriously, some times expectations are just so ridiculous and/or steeped in edition hate that there's no making some people happy.

Well, to be fair, there is the tail issue. Virtually all pre-4E half-dragons, draconians, and similar hybrids have tails. 4E, for reasons that are a mystery to me, decided dragonborn should be tail-less (but tieflings get long ugly flesh-colored things sticking out of their butts).

Me, I think tail-less dragonborn look silly, so I'm happy to pick over the old dragonoids. But I could see how someone more invested in the 4E version would find them unsatisfactory.

Got to agree with you on the fomorians though. 4E fomorians look quite remarkably like what I remember from the 2E Monstrous Compendium.

Oryan77

Adventurer
(but tieflings get long ugly flesh-colored things sticking out of their butts).

Uhg, that's not the only thing wrong with the 4e Tieflings. Tieflings, out of any race, is the most disappointing change ever done to a race (I think anyway). 4e took my favorite race, and threw away what made them so interesting and dumbed them down into some generic half-breed.

Missing tails on a Half-Dragon is one thing, but 4e took the Tieflings "no two Tieflings look alike" characteristic and then made them all look alike. :lol:

I blame the language-barrier: Not being a native English speaker makes it double-tricky to detect humorous posts.
That makes sense then. :)
I thought for sure it was obviously an attempt at humor. I didn't think I was that lame. But then, even native English speakers on the forums sometimes don't know a joke when they see it. :p

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
In some cases, gnomes and halfling minis are really close.

As for the dragonborn, you're SoL apparently because wanting a concept artist to do a vulcan mind meld with you from across the earth in order to draw up exactly what YOU want a dragonborn/half-dragon to look like is completely unrealistic.

Seriously, some times expectations are just so ridiculous and/or steeped in edition hate that there's no making some people happy.

Uh... there are dozens if not hundreds of pictures of dragonborn in 4e. There's even a racial book on them.

No mind meld required.

Telling me that dracoians look like dragonmen on the other hand, is never going to fly without dwarves = all small races.

Dice4Hire

First Post
So people should just sub dwarves for gnomes and halflings because they're all smallish?

The 4e dragonborn doesn't look like the 3e one or really, any other dragon variant we've seen.

Well, if you look THAT closely, or insist that the bottom of the mini match the race and class words on your character sheet, I think you are setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment,.

A new preview up at WotC, giving a more clearer view of some of the minis:

lordsmadness1.jpg

Remove ads