• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Man of Steel sequel writer insults geeks and says other things

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm just so... tired... of the scheduled daily outrage over something somebody famous said. It's juts gotten too much now. Can we just agree that everybody will say something wrong at some point, and give the whole world a quick virtual dogpile now and get it over with?
You're offending me.

I'm just so... tired... of the scheduled daily outrage over something somebody famous said. It's juts gotten too much now. Can we just agree that everybody will say something wrong at some point, and give the whole world a quick virtual dogpile now and get it over with?
You must be new to the internetz.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm just so... tired... of the scheduled daily outrage over something somebody famous said. It's juts gotten too much now.

You'd prefer we just accept it? We should just stop worrying about how folks treat each other?

Why, then, would you need moderators? :p

Zombie_Babies

First Post

+a bajillion

It's disgusting. The folks that demand apologies are far worse than those forced to apologize. Anyhoo, it's also incredibly likely the guy was trying to make a joke. Does anyone remember what jokes are? Like, anyone?

For the record, I didn't read the article so maybe he said he meant it or something. If he did, well, I still don't care. It's nice to be secure enough with yourself to not need to coerce others into making you feel better.

You'd prefer we just accept it? We should just stop worrying about how folks treat each other?

I think he just meant we need to relax a little bit and remember that just because something intended to be humorous wasn't found to be so by every single person on the planet that does not mean it was intended to offend.

And yeah, you're probably having a little fun here. :p

In total agreement.

But do we need to get angry and rave at people over every poorly executed joke or anytime someone even veers close to being offensive. I don't know about you guys but the 'how many of you have actually been laid' comment has zero impact on my daily life. The guy was obviously trying to be funny and poking fun at a common perception of geeks. Was it funny? Meh, it was kind of a softball joke that he set hmself up to tell. Was there a grain of truth to it? Perhaps, I know I was a late bloomer to love and part of the reason was my catalog of conversation topics consisted entirely of things like The Holy Grail, Ravenloft, and Lord of the Rings. Was it wise? Probably not, since he insulted the fanbase of the product in a context not well suited for that kind of humor. Either way i just can't get outraged everytime someone says something a little impolite. I have way more important things to deal with. I find all this anger rather enervating frankly and a bit hard to keep up with (one week people are upset at something that happens on a tv show, then it is something a famous person says, then its something some game includes, etc). Just feels like the mob gets riled up way too quickly these days at the smallest provocation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads