Mapping: CC vs FM

BSF

Explorer
I'm sure there are other threads with comparisons, but I am interested in comparing current feature sets of Campaign Cartographer and Fractal Mapper.

First off, I am at least passingly familiar with Campaign Cartographer. I have used it since DOS days and have been on the upgrade path since then. This last weekend I decided to install it on my newest computer since the computer I was using it on is quite old. Sadly, the current media I have does not have the Serial #. I have to recover the serial number from one of the previous upgrades. But I can't find it. I think I lost it in my last move back in June. :(

The gentleman I am emailing at Profantasy can find the order number, but cannot provide a serial number. He is offering to allow me to purchase at the upgrade price. It is certainly a viable option, but if I am going to layout more money, it makes sense to see what the competition has available.

So how do Campaign Cartographer and Fractal Mapper compare against each other? The output of either looks pretty much the same. I can download the FM trial and see what it looks like, but the trial doesn't include Fractal World Explorer. Does FWE have the same functionality as Profantasy's Fractal Terrains? Does FM include features that make dungeons and cities easy to build without the add-on modules that CC uses?

Any information is appreciated!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The newer CC2Pro is amazing but still has a learning curve, NBO's Fratral mapper is very good too. The best advice I can give, download the demos and see which are best for your needs, they do the same thing but in different ways and everyone has different mapping needs. you also have AutoRealm (free) and some other mappers out there or thinks like Photoshop. You have to find the best fit for you.

Remove ads