D&D General Maps, for Domains of Delight (Feywild Domains)!

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
This has been on my very short must-buy list for a while now.
I haven't played Neverland yet, but I've read through it now a couple times, and greatly enjoy it. It's obviously got a distinctive aesthetic and is a very well organized hexcrawl.

The one caution is that it's more 5e-ish, rather than pure 5e. For example, if you look at those monster statblocks in that image up there, you see lots of deviations from the standard statblock. The author's intent is to help the DM adjudicate on the fly, but that loosey-goosey approach may not appeal to someone expecting strict adherence to the 5e rules.

But if you don't mind that sort of thing, it really is an evocative setting in a very well laid-out book.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
And as for (not really D&D appropriate) maps...

Here's a proto-Mr. Roger's Neighborhood of Make Believe.

EuotkUKWYAAYGV6

And a map of the wider world around the Neighborhood:

nommap01.jpeg

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I love the Dungeons & Dragons World Map!

Makes me want to make several one shot adventures for pregen characters. I have to run one every couple of months when life gets in the way of our regularly scheduled game. I'm thinking I'll make the D&D characters from the cartoon TV series, and a few from the Shady Dragon Inn. I'll have a lot to do for next month. One of our players is becoming a dad so all next month will be alternate games.

Ranger! Barbarian! Wizard! Cavalier! Acrobat! Thief! Unicorn!

I'll add, the orcs of this land aren't quite the pig-faced ones, but also aren't the 5E version either!

1630427379408.png

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Wow, we really need to make some D&D adventures / settings with these!

I know right?? I'm just glad I made this thread, as it is able to populate a selection of Domains of Delight in my head, so that if I'm running Witchlight and the players want to explore beyond we can try some of these ideas.

I'm also playing a lot of Sekiro, and a lot of the Buddhist elements remind me of the Whimsical Fey, so...

1630428947664.png

Remove ads