• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

March '09: What are you reading?

Krug

Newshound
Spirit Gate by Kate Elliot. Just started. Lots of thought in the world building.

Finished:
Stephen King Goes to the Movies - Mix of good and bad. The longest piece, Low Men in Yellow Coats feels too similar to his other stuff to be memorable. Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption is still entertaining reading, and Children of the Corn does have a good concept.

Lone Wolf and Cub Vol 1 - Rereading. Some parts feel like a 'swordfight of the week' thing, and the tiny text is hard to read. But the art is still great.

Wombat

First Post
Finished Roberto Bolano's 2666 -- absolutely intriguing!

Now doing a re-read of Storm Constantine's Calenture.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
I'm trying to finish The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It was going along great, but as soon as the female protagonist was introduced, all the wind went out of the sails. Honestly, with all the praise the book has gotten, I thought it would be better.

Pozatronic

First Post
I've been on a Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser/ Dying Earth reading binge since February. Waiting on the 5th F&GM, and I've only 100pgs left in Cugel's Saga.
I'm managed to find a copy of Vance's Lyonesse Bk 1, and I'm debating if I should start before finishing up the last Dying Earth book, but I fear the wind being blown out of my sails for other said titles if I do.

Hey, Wombat; have you read any other Bolano? I have the 3qp/slipcase version of 2666 sitting on my shelf, but I feel like I want to read the rest of his work and save it for last. I've only read Amulet so far, and I'm debating what title of his to try next. Any suggestions?

Jamdin

Explorer
I finished reading The Dragon and the Djinn by Gordon R. Dickson last night but was disappointed with the book overall. I am looking to start Servent of the Dragon by David Drake tonight.

Remove ads